|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Schumpeter presents his views about the 1930's in his book called __________. (fill in the blank)
(a) Business Cycles.
(b) The Great Depression.
(c) Poor Economics.
2. From where did Veblen graduate with a Ph.D?
(b) University of Chicago.
3. Who sent a letter to his business associates threatening to ruin them?
(a) Cornelius Vanderbilt.
(b) William Rockefeller.
(c) J. Pierpont Morgan.
(d) Henry Rogers.
4. Hobson's views fit right into the views of whom?
5. Veblen attacked the rich as he looked for what he called the __________. (fill in the blank)
(a) Earnest man.
(b) Honest man.
(c) Greedy man.
(d) Economic man.
6. The Communist Manifesto first appeared in what year?
7. According to Marx, workers are paid _________. (fill in the blank)
(a) Surplus value.
(b) A pitence.
(d) Subsistence wages.
8. Where was The Communist Manifesto written?
9. Leon Walras felt that math could be used to determine what?
(a) The profitable price of a good.
(b) The equilibrium price of a good.
(c) The highest price of a good.
(d) The lowest price of a good.
10. What was the name of the publication of Engels' impressions after working for his father's textile business in England?
(a) Principles of Political Economy.
(b) Economic Laws of the Time.
(c) The Condition of the Working Class.
(d) The Wealth of Nations.
11. Marx's radicalism was ____________ rather than political. (fill in the blank)
12. What nationality was Veblen's family?
13. When investment is less than ___________ , there is depression. (fill in the blank)
14. It was rumored that Veblen was fluent in how many languages?
15. Where did Keynes attend college?
Short Answer Questions
1. Critics of Edgeworth pointed to ____________ as evidence that man did not always act on his own behalf. (fill in the blank)
2. The Victorian period marked the beginning of what important movement?
3. Who does Veblen present as the saboteur of capitalism?
4. How many years did it take Marx to write Capital?
5. Where was Joseph Schumpeter born?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)