|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which legislation resulted in duties on grain imports and remained in effect for thirty years?
(a) Wheat Laws.
(b) Corn Laws.
(c) Parliment Laws.
(d) British Market Laws.
2. How many of the economists featured in the book made their own fortune?
3. Heilbroner believes economists wield power greater than _________. (fill in the blank)
(b) Sword and scepter.
4. Heilbroner describes a trial of a wealthy man before the church in Boston in what year?
5. Owen's idea called for the creation of _________. (fill in the blank)
(a) Villages of Cooperation.
(b) Mobs and protests.
(c) Democratic governments.
(d) More mills.
6. Where was New Harmony located?
(a) New York.
7. How many years did it take Adam Smith to finish The Wealth of Nations?
8. Robert Owen wanted to bring an end to what?
(a) Utopian communities.
(c) Assembly lines.
9. What is the biggest danger facing a modern community?
(a) Human unpredictability.
(c) Human predictability.
10. _________ is concerned with finding some reason for the cosmos. (fill in the blank)
(a) Moral Philosophy.
(d) Natural Theology.
11. The mistakes of economist are nothing short of _________. (fill in the blank)
12. What kind of survival has man faced from the earliest days on?
13. What took care of early man's inner conflict between himself and the group?
(b) The elders.
(d) The environment.
14. What year did Ricardo die?
15. Heilbroner begins the book by saying it is limited to a small number of men who did more for history with _________ than famous men did. (fill in the blank)
Short Answer Questions
1. The early days of the industrial revolution resulted in workplace abuse, especially for ___________. (fill in the blank)
2. The followers of Saint-Simone proposed an end to _________. (fill in the blank)
3. Charles Fourier is classified as _________. (fill in the blank)
4. Dr. Richard Price felt that the population had declined by how much?
5. What does Heilbroner think is strange about ancient civilizations?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)