|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Savage Society of Thorstein Veblen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry George's favorite idea was called __________. (fill in the blank)
(a) The single tax.
(b) The big tax.
(c) Villages of Cooperation.
(d) Taxation without representation.
2. What year did Veblen die?
3. What was the keynote to Thorstein Veblen's life?
(a) Eloquent speeches.
(b) Alienation from society.
(c) A sense of humor.
(d) Hard work.
4. Veblen was fascinated with how society was dominated by __________. (fill in the blank)
(b) The upperclass.
(d) The machine.
5. Saint-Simone was a firm believer in _________. (fill in the blank)
(b) The Law of Accumulation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did all of the these economists do?
2. Where was Adam Smith educated?
3. How old was Veblen when he got his first paying job?
4. How many of the economists featured in the book made their own fortune?
5. From where did Veblen graduate with a Ph.D?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)