|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Savage Society of Thorstein Veblen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually the market system evolved with its necessary factors of _________ for production. (fill in the blank)
(a) Land, factories, and capital.
(b) Land, labor, and capital.
(d) Religion, custom, and authority.
2. Robert Owen wanted to bring an end to what?
(b) Utopian communities.
(d) Assembly lines.
3. What were the economic thinkers of the Victorian period known as?
(a) Political economists.
(d) The underground of economics.
4. Charles Fourier is classified as _________. (fill in the blank)
(a) An Utopian Socialist.
(b) A Labor Unionist.
(c) A Gloomy Economist.
(d) An Economic Revolutionary.
5. During the Victorian period, economics became the province of __________. (fill in the blank)
Short Answer Questions
1. During the Victorian era, the field of study became known as economics and not ___________. (fill in the blank)
2. What took care of early man's inner conflict between himself and the group?
3. What did Malthus believe was the basic trouble with the world?
4. Who does Veblen present as the saboteur of capitalism?
5. Malthus's essay earned economics the nickname _________. (fill in the blank)
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)