|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Savage Society of Thorstein Veblen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adam Smith left his university position to become a private tutor and traveled through which country?
2. What did Heilbroner say was one of the factors bringing about the economic changes to a market system?
(a) Foreign exploration.
(b) The end of religion.
(c) The growth of factories.
(d) The Industrial Revolution.
3. Critics of Edgeworth pointed to ____________ as evidence that man did not always act on his own behalf. (fill in the blank)
(b) Trade unions.
(d) Labor laws.
4. What nationality is Karl Marx?
5. What was Henry George a believer in?
(d) Political economy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the economists featured in the book made their own fortune?
2. The followers of Saint-Simone proposed an end to _________. (fill in the blank)
3. _________ is a manner of organizing society so all tasks are performed. (fill in the blank)
4. What year did Veblen die?
5. What did Edgeworth use to support his theories?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)