|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Visions of the Utopian Socialists.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are economists considered by the rules of schoolboy history books?
(b) Miracle workers.
2. The first stop on Heilbroner's description of how economists became necessary to society is France in what year?
3. What year did Ricardo die?
4. Owen's idea called for the creation of _________. (fill in the blank)
(a) More mills.
(b) Mobs and protests.
(c) Villages of Cooperation.
(d) Democratic governments.
5. The fact that man is _________ makes survival difficult. (fill in the blank)
(d) A slow learner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theory explains that higher wages will call forth more workers because higher wages result in better living conditions and lower mortality figures?
2. Adam Smith was a lecturer in what area?
3. At what university was Adam Smith on the faculty?
4. Who failed to recognize the wealth creating ability of labor?
5. Owen's idea was totally contrary to the doctrine of _________. (fill in the blank)
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)