|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Visions of the Utopian Socialists.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Ricardo die?
2. What does Heilbroner think is strange about ancient civilizations?
(a) There were no economists.
(b) There were no rulers.
(c) There was no currency.
(d) There was no plan for survival.
3. Only because man is ___________ he has succeeded. (fill in the blank)
(a) Socially cooperative.
4. To Heilbroner, what is the common denominator at the core of these men with diverse backgrounds?
5. According to Heilbroner, these men who have had such an impact on society are known as _________. (fill in the blank)
(a) The Great Economists.
(b) The Nine Influences.
(c) The Miracle Workers.
(d) The Money Makers.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is the forces of ______ that make the market function according to Adam Smith. (fill in the blank)
2. What kind of survival has man faced from the earliest days on?
3. Eventually the market system evolved with its necessary factors of _________ for production. (fill in the blank)
4. What is the most worldly of all man's activities, according to Heilbroner?
5. What theory explains that higher wages will call forth more workers because higher wages result in better living conditions and lower mortality figures?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)