|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Gloomy Presentiments of Parson Malthus and David Ricardo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are economists considered by the rules of schoolboy history books?
(d) Miracle workers.
2. What was Ricardo's job?
3. Only because man is ___________ he has succeeded. (fill in the blank)
(c) Socially cooperative.
4. According to Heilbroner, these men who have had such an impact on society are known as _________. (fill in the blank)
(a) The Nine Influences.
(b) The Great Economists.
(c) The Money Makers.
(d) The Miracle Workers.
5. Ricardo was the son of a Jewish merchant banker from _________. (fill in the blank)
Short Answer Questions
1. Adam Smith was a lecturer in what area?
2. By what year had crops reached near famine levels in England?
3. What describes how investment can lead to greater output?
4. Heilbroner says the work of economist is both exciting and _________. (fill in the blank)
5. One of the featured economists was never more than what?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)