|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Wonderful World of Adam Smith.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In ancient society, there was no need for political economy or to see what made the economy function because it was all based on what?
(c) Money and taxes.
(d) Custom and tradition.
2. Heilbroner believes economists wield power greater than _________. (fill in the blank)
(a) Sword and scepter.
3. The new philosophy of survival with the market system brought with it what new social problem?
(a) Keeping the poor poor.
(b) Getting the poor rich.
(c) Keeping the poor drunk.
(d) Getting the rich poor.
4. _________ was based on true wealth only being created in agriculture. (fill in the blank)
5. Assigning tasks by command to ensure that all necessary tasks are performed is what type of system?
Short Answer Questions
1. Heilbroner begins the book by saying it is limited to a small number of men who did more for history with _________ than famous men did. (fill in the blank)
2. According to Heilbroner, economists changed the world not through __________, but through power of their ideas. (fill in the blank)
3. One of the featured economists was never more than what?
4. What does Heilbroner think is strange about ancient civilizations?
5. Heilbroner describes a trial of a wealthy man before the church in Boston in what year?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)