|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Economic Revolution.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the biggest danger facing a modern community?
(b) Human predictability.
(d) Human unpredictability.
2. Heilbroner describes a trial of a wealthy man before the church in Boston in what year?
3. The new philosophy of survival with the market system brought with it what new social problem?
(a) Getting the poor rich.
(b) Keeping the poor poor.
(c) Getting the rich poor.
(d) Keeping the poor drunk.
4. What are economists considered by the rules of schoolboy history books?
(b) Miracle workers.
5. Eventually the market system evolved with its necessary factors of _________ for production. (fill in the blank)
(b) Land, factories, and capital.
(c) Religion, custom, and authority.
(d) Land, labor, and capital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What helped bring an end to the religiousness of the population in Europe?
2. In ancient society, there was no need for political economy or to see what made the economy function because it was all based on what?
3. What did the market system become known as?
4. Most of the featured economists could never master _________. (fill in the blank)
5. According to Heilbroner, economists changed the world not through __________, but through power of their ideas. (fill in the blank)
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)