|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Contradictions of Joseph Schumpeter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Communist Manifesto was the platform for _________. (fill in the blank)
(a) The Fair Trade Act.
(b) The Labor Movement.
(c) The Communist League.
(d) The Industrial Revolution.
2. "Each should do what was to his best monetary advantage" describes what system?
3. What does "bourgeoisie" mean?
(a) The underachieving lower class.
(b) The dying aristocracy.
(c) The exploitative middle class.
(d) The overbearing government.
4. In The Wealth of Nations, _________ are used as examples of how the market functions. (fill in the blank)
(a) Gloves and shoes.
(b) Corn and wheat.
(c) Rents and costs.
(d) Boots and hats.
5. Veblen's book earned him a reputation as a __________. (fill in the blank)
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Henry George a believer in?
2. Malthus's essay earned economics the nickname _________. (fill in the blank)
3. The world of economics was subject to the ridicule of whom?
4. What nationality was Veblen's family?
5. What year was The Wealth of Nations published?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)