|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Contradictions of Joseph Schumpeter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was The Wealth of Nations published?
2. Assigning tasks by command to ensure that all necessary tasks are performed is what type of system?
3. Eighteenth-century England thought the population to be somewhere around 5.5 million people, and it was not expected to double for approximately how many years?
(a) Two hundred years.
(b) Five hundred years.
(c) Six hundred years.
(d) Seven hundred years.
4. Mill's book pointed out that the true province of economic law was production, not _________. (fill in the blank)
5. Where was Veblen raised on a farm?
Short Answer Questions
1. Heilbroner believes economists wield power greater than _________. (fill in the blank)
2. What did President Hoover think would be banished from the nation in the late 1920's?
3. According to Marx, which class had something to fear?
4. _________ was based on true wealth only being created in agriculture. (fill in the blank)
5. The Victorian period marked the beginning of what important movement?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)