|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Contradictions of Joseph Schumpeter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was New Harmony located?
(d) New York.
2. One of the featured economists was never more than what?
(a) A traveling salesman.
(b) An insurance salesman.
(c) A hack.
(d) A drunk.
3. Where was Adam Smith educated?
(b) University of Glasgow.
(d) University of England.
4. It was rumored that Veblen was fluent in how many languages?
5. According to Schumpeter, a(n) __________ of some sort results in a flow of income that does not come from labor or other resource owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Malthus continued to work on his theory of population and the food supply and assumed that humans could double their number every _________. (fill in the blank)
2. Who does Veblen present as the saboteur of capitalism?
3. Eighteenth-century England thought the population to be somewhere around 5.5 million people, and it was not expected to double for approximately how many years?
4. What was Henry George a believer in?
5. What was Ricardo's job?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)