|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Gloomy Presentiments of Parson Malthus and David Ricardo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ricardo's job?
2. Malthus continued to work on his theory of population and the food supply and assumed that humans could double their number every _________. (fill in the blank)
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Thirty-five years.
(c) Twenty-five years.
(d) Fifty Years.
3. Assigning tasks by command to ensure that all necessary tasks are performed is what type of system?
4. By what year had crops reached near famine levels in England?
5. What is the biggest danger facing a modern community?
(b) Human unpredictability.
(c) Human predictability.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Heilbroner, these men who have had such an impact on society are known as _________. (fill in the blank)
2. _________ is a manner of organizing society so all tasks are performed. (fill in the blank)
3. How many of the economists featured in the book made their own fortune?
4. Adam Smith was a lecturer in what area?
5. Adam Smith was considered a non-conformist because he refused to do what before classes?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)