|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Victorian World and the Underworld of Economics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was New Harmony located?
(b) New York.
2. What was the title of Adam Smith's first book?
(a) The Wealth of Nations.
(b) The Theory of Moral Sentiments.
(c) The Theory of Moral Philosophy.
(d) Essay on the Principles of Population.
3. Between 1870 and 1914, what percentage of English savings were invested abroad?
4. What is the biggest danger facing a modern community?
(a) Human predictability.
(c) Human unpredictability.
5. What did the market system become known as?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Henry George a believer in?
2. Smith was a firm believer in _______________, or leave the market alone. (fill in the blank)
3. In Mills' model, wages would rise as a result of accumulation of capital. Eventually, the accumulation process would come to an end and enter what stage?
4. John Stuart Mill's book was written when he was in his forties. What is the name of the book?
5. Eventually the market system evolved with its necessary factors of _________ for production. (fill in the blank)
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)