|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Victorian World and the Underworld of Economics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Stuart Mill's book was written when he was in his forties. What is the name of the book?
(a) Essay on the Principles of Population.
(b) Principles of Political Economy.
(c) The Wealth of Nations.
(d) Principles of Economic Success.
2. The fact that man is _________ makes survival difficult. (fill in the blank)
(d) A slow learner.
3. What were the economic thinkers of the Victorian period known as?
(a) The underground of economics.
(d) Political economists.
4. As imperialism waned or changed, what came into being?
(a) Free trade.
(b) Imminent domain.
(c) Multinational corporations.
5. Malthus continued to work on his theory of population and the food supply and assumed that humans could double their number every _________. (fill in the blank)
(a) Fifty Years.
(b) Thirty-five years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Twenty-five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Saint-Simone was a firm believer in _________. (fill in the blank)
2. What was Henry George a believer in?
3. Hobson's views fit right into the views of whom?
4. _________ was based on true wealth only being created in agriculture. (fill in the blank)
5. Smith was a firm believer in _______________, or leave the market alone. (fill in the blank)
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)