|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Victorian World and the Underworld of Economics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The new philosophy of survival with the market system brought with it what new social problem?
(a) Getting the poor rich.
(b) Keeping the poor poor.
(c) Getting the rich poor.
(d) Keeping the poor drunk.
2. What did Malthus believe was the basic trouble with the world?
(a) Too much war.
(b) Too few jobs.
(c) Too many landowners.
(d) Too many people.
3. What helped bring an end to the religiousness of the population in Europe?
(a) The Italian Renaissance.
(b) The death of the pope.
(c) Foreign exploration.
(d) The Industrial Revolution.
4. John Stuart Mill's book was written when he was in his forties. What is the name of the book?
(a) Principles of Economic Success.
(b) Essay on the Principles of Population.
(c) The Wealth of Nations.
(d) Principles of Political Economy.
5. Heilbroner describes a trial of a wealthy man before the church in Boston in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did the British Labor Movement begin?
2. Adam Smith was considered a non-conformist because he refused to do what before classes?
3. How many years did it take Adam Smith to finish The Wealth of Nations?
4. Mill's book pointed out that the true province of economic law was production, not _________. (fill in the blank)
5. Malthus continued to work on his theory of population and the food supply and assumed that humans could double their number every _________. (fill in the blank)
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)