|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the Delaware Indians give a speech stating their belief that the English caused the French and Indian War, as described in Chapter 4?
2. The French and Indian War ended in what year?
3. Joseph Brant had been taught at whose school?
4. In the first text from Chapter 5, Oneida Indians express their desire to remain neutral in the conflict in a speech to the governor of what state?
5. George Washington became known by what nickname among the Native Americans for ordering the destruction of around forty Iroquois towns during the Revolutionary War?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Samson Occom and Reverend Eleazar Wheelock. When and where were each of these individuals born? What impact did each have on the Native American community?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss John Eliot, early European Christian missionaries in the colonies, and the establishment of praying towns among the Native Americans. When did Eliot establish his first praying town?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and analyze the process of integration between the Europeans and the Native Americans. How did intermarriage affect the cultures of each community?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)