|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pontiac's War was launched in what year?
2. When did Congress issue the United States Declaration of Independence?
3. Joseph Mittark was the sachem of what tribe?
4. In an address to whom in Chapter 5 does Joseph Brant reiterate support for Great Britain?
5. The first text reprinted in Chapter 3 is a "Act of Submission" from what year?by the Narrangansett Indians
Short Essay Questions
1. What text included in Chapter 3 relates the account of Penobscot? What does it concern?
2. What became of White Eyes and the Delaware Indians in 1782?
3. What was the intention behind "Act of Submission"? Who wrote this text from Chapter 3?
4. What was the subject of the speech by the Oneida Indians in Chapter 5? What was the outcome for these people in the war?
5. Who did the Chickasaw Indians make a speech to in Chapter 4? Why?
6. How does the author describe the many land deeds in colonial America in Chapter 3?
7. How is the "guardian system" described in Chapter 3? When and where was it enacted?
8. What was the subject of Gachadow's speech in Chapter 4? What is represented in this text?
9. When was the Treaty of Fort Stanwix signed? Who opposed it?
10. What did the Native Americans feel about the French and Indian War? What is revealed in a 1758 speech about the war in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the "discovery" and colonization of Manhattan, John Heckewelder, and the Mahican people. Where were the Mahican's primarily dwelling when the Dutch settlers arrived?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the process of integration between the Europeans and the Native Americans. How did intermarriage affect the cultures of each community?
Essay Topic 3
Describe John Norton and his relationship to the Iroquois people. When did Norton's creation story from Chapter 1 originate?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)