Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joseph Mittark was accused of illegitimately selling the lands of his people to the governor of what state?
2. In the first text from Chapter 5, Oneida Indians express their desire to remain neutral in the conflict in a speech to the governor of what state?
3. What was the name of an Onondaga who gave the governor of New France a speech, essentially calling his bluff, in Chapter 4?
4. On the topic of intertribal wars, a speech by a Cayuga chief named what revealed the extent to which the Europeans succeeded in turning tribes against one another in Chapter 4?
5. A speech in what year by a Chippewa chief rejected the presumption that the English were simply going to inherit Indian lands gained by the French?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the narrative structure, symbolism and themes in Josiah Jeremy's narrative of the arrival of European missionaries. How is color used symbolically in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Native American perspective of land and the European view. How did this cultural difference influence the land deals between Indians and colonists?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the devastation of the Native American community due to smallpox, measles and other disease brought from the Old World. How many Native American tribes were wiped out completely by disease?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)