Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joseph Mittark was accused of illegitimately selling the lands of his people to the governor of what state?
2. In the first text from Chapter 5, Oneida Indians express their desire to remain neutral in the conflict in a speech to the governor of what state?
3. What was the name of an Onondaga who gave the governor of New France a speech, essentially calling his bluff, in Chapter 4?
4. On the topic of intertribal wars, a speech by a Cayuga chief named what revealed the extent to which the Europeans succeeded in turning tribes against one another in Chapter 4?
5. A speech in what year by a Chippewa chief rejected the presumption that the English were simply going to inherit Indian lands gained by the French?
Analyze and discuss the text of the Micmac Indian in Chapter 2. What elements of European culture are criticized by the Native American and why?
Describe Samson Occom and Reverend Eleazar Wheelock. When and where were each of these individuals born? What impact did each have on the Native American community?
Analyze and discuss the narrative structure, symbolism and themes in Josiah Jeremy's narrative of the arrival of European missionaries. How is color used symbolically in the story?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)