|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Penobscot recounted his part in the negotiations, in which he never stated anything about handing over land but only that he wished for what?
2. The Walking Purchase was a purported agreement from what year?
3. Deliberations on the Treaty of Lancaster ended on what date?
4. In what year did George Washington order the destruction of around forty Iroquois towns during the Revolutionary War?
5. The older generation of Cherokee who were resigned to making peace were represented by whom during the American Revolutionary War?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the stories related by Captain John Smith and Josiah Quinney in Chapter 1. What do these narratives relate of the Native American identity and the impact of European colonization?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the history and origins of storytelling in Native American culture. In what ways do the structures of Native American folktales and myths relate to European and other narrative structures?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Native American perspective of land and the European view. How did this cultural difference influence the land deals between Indians and colonists?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)