|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joseph Brant had been taught at whose school?
2. What was the name of an Onondaga who gave the governor of New France a speech, essentially calling his bluff, in Chapter 4?
3. When was Dragging Canoe born?
4. The Indian Nonintercourse Act declared that all Indian land deals were invalid unless they occurred with what?
5. In a speech from 1756, the leaders of what tribe, known for their ferocious fights against the French, plead for support in fighting the French?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the journey of the Kasihtas in Chekilli's creation story. How does the plight of the tribe metaphorically relate to the plight of Native Americans in the face of colonization?
Essay Topic 2
Describe John Norton and his relationship to the Iroquois people. When did Norton's creation story from Chapter 1 originate?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and analyze the process of integration between the Europeans and the Native Americans. How did intermarriage affect the cultures of each community?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)