|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the topic of intertribal wars, a speech by a Cayuga chief named what revealed the extent to which the Europeans succeeded in turning tribes against one another in Chapter 4?
2. Delaware Indians strenuously denied the accuracy of the treaty called the Treaty of Fort Pitt in a letter to what American Indian agent in Chapter 5?
3. Phineas Stevens had been captured by what tribe at a young age and had learned their customs and language?
4. When was Dragging Canoe born?
5. In what year did a Delaware chief named John Killbuck make a speech correctly doubting that the white man will be satisfied with the Ohio River boundary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the subject of Gachadow's speech in Chapter 4? What is represented in this text?
2. In what action was Joseph Brant instrumental during the American Revolution?
3. What Native American spoke at the Treaty of Lancaster conference? What is reprinted of this speaker in Chapter 3?
4. What was the Native American response to the Peace of Paris? Why?
5. How were the Cherokee Indians impacted by the American Revolution? What rift took place amongst the tribe?
6. Why did Minavavana scold the British in his speech in Chapter 4?
7. In what text is the Treaty of Fort Pitt discussed in Chapter 5? What did this treaty entail?
8. How is the American strategy for dealing with the Indians during the American Revolution described in Chapter 5? What founding fathers are discussed?
9. Who is berated in a speech by Atiwaneto in Chapter 4? Why?
10. What was the subject of the speech by the Oneida Indians in Chapter 5? What was the outcome for these people in the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the history and origins of storytelling in Native American culture. In what ways do the structures of Native American folktales and myths relate to European and other narrative structures?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the process of integration between the Europeans and the Native Americans. How did intermarriage affect the cultures of each community?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Chekilli and the Creek people. How did this tribe relate to others? What interaction did the Creek people have with European colonists?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)