|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Delaware Indians strenuously denied the accuracy of the treaty called the Treaty of Fort Pitt in a letter to what American Indian agent in Chapter 5?
2. In the first text from Chapter 5, Oneida Indians express their desire to remain neutral in the conflict in a speech to whom?
3. In 1778, a chief named what, ceding no land, allowed Americans to cross Delaware country?
4. Thomas Jefferson was governor of what state when he urged extermination of Shawnees in Ohio?
5. Joseph Mittark was accused of illegitimately selling the lands of his people to the governor of what state?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Minavavana reject in his speech in Chapter 4? When was this speech given?
2. How were the Cherokee Indians impacted by the American Revolution? What rift took place amongst the tribe?
3. Describe the Walking Purchase of 1737. Who was affected by this deal?
4. In what action was Joseph Brant instrumental during the American Revolution?
5. When did Pontiac's War take place? What results arose from the war?
6. Who did the Chickasaw Indians make a speech to in Chapter 4? Why?
7. Who is berated in a speech by Atiwaneto in Chapter 4? Why?
8. What text in Chapter 4 describes the motivations of the French to the Iroquois? What is the response to this text?
9. With whom did the majority of Native Americans side with in the American Revolution? What were their feelings of the war?
10. What Native American spoke at the Treaty of Lancaster conference? What is reprinted of this speaker in Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the text of Mary Jemison in Chapter 2. How did Jemison feel about her captors? How did this relationship change?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the "discovery" and colonization of Manhattan, John Heckewelder, and the Mahican people. Where were the Mahican's primarily dwelling when the Dutch settlers arrived?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and analyze the process of integration between the Europeans and the Native Americans. How did intermarriage affect the cultures of each community?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)