|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Colonel William Crawford was tortured and burnt at the stake by American Indians in retaliation for what incident?
2. The Walking Purchase was a purported agreement between the Penn family and what native tribe?
3. What was the name of an Onondaga who gave the governor of New France a speech, essentially calling his bluff, in Chapter 4?
4. Where was Phineas Stevens born?
5. The first text reprinted in Chapter 3 is a "Act of Submission" from what year?by the Narrangansett Indians
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Native American response to the Peace of Paris? Why?
2. Why did Minavavana scold the British in his speech in Chapter 4?
3. What disputes led to the Indian Nonintercourse Act? When was it signed into law?
4. What did Minavavana reject in his speech in Chapter 4? When was this speech given?
5. How is the "guardian system" described in Chapter 3? When and where was it enacted?
6. How is the American strategy for dealing with the Indians during the American Revolution described in Chapter 5? What founding fathers are discussed?
7. When did Pontiac's War take place? What results arose from the war?
8. Who is berated in a speech by Atiwaneto in Chapter 4? Why?
9. How were the Cherokee Indians impacted by the American Revolution? What rift took place amongst the tribe?
10. In what action was Joseph Brant instrumental during the American Revolution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the impact of European political systems on Native American culture. How did the political structure of Native American civilization change as a result of European influence?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the "discovery" and colonization of Manhattan, John Heckewelder, and the Mahican people. Where were the Mahican's primarily dwelling when the Dutch settlers arrived?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and analyze the process of integration between the Europeans and the Native Americans. How did intermarriage affect the cultures of each community?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)