|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Dragging Canoe born?
2. Colonel William Crawford was tortured and burnt at the stake by American Indians in retaliation for what incident?
3. In what year did the Delaware Indians give a speech stating their belief that the English caused the French and Indian War, as described in Chapter 4?
4. Deliberations on the Treaty of Lancaster ended on what date?
5. By way of the Walking Purchase, the Penn family and proprietors claimed an area of how many acres in Pennsylvania?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom did the majority of Native Americans side with in the American Revolution? What were their feelings of the war?
2. What disputes led to the Indian Nonintercourse Act? When was it signed into law?
3. What text included in Chapter 3 relates the account of Penobscot? What does it concern?
4. In what text is the Treaty of Fort Pitt discussed in Chapter 5? What did this treaty entail?
5. When was the Treaty of Fort Stanwix signed? Who opposed it?
6. How is the American strategy for dealing with the Indians during the American Revolution described in Chapter 5? What founding fathers are discussed?
7. What was the intention behind "Act of Submission"? Who wrote this text from Chapter 3?
8. How does the author describe the many land deeds in colonial America in Chapter 3?
9. What did the Native Americans feel about the French and Indian War? What is revealed in a 1758 speech about the war in Chapter 4?
10. What was the subject of Gachadow's speech in Chapter 4? What is represented in this text?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the effects of European trade on the Native Americans. Why did the trade industry have such a devastating effect on the population?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss John Eliot, early European Christian missionaries in the colonies, and the establishment of praying towns among the Native Americans. When did Eliot establish his first praying town?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the text of Mary Jemison in Chapter 2. How did Jemison feel about her captors? How did this relationship change?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)