|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Phineas Stevens had been captured by what tribe at a young age and had learned their customs and language?
2. In 2004, the Delaware Nation filed suit against Pennsylvania in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, seeking how many acres included in the Walking Purchase?
3. What refers to a writing or document executed under seal and delivered to effect a conveyance, especially of real estate?
4. Joseph Brant had been taught at whose school?
5. What refers to the crime of falsely making or altering a writing by which the legal rights or obligations of another person are apparently affected?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the Cherokee Indians impacted by the American Revolution? What rift took place amongst the tribe?
2. In what text is the Treaty of Fort Pitt discussed in Chapter 5? What did this treaty entail?
3. What text included in Chapter 3 relates the account of Penobscot? What does it concern?
4. Who is berated in a speech by Atiwaneto in Chapter 4? Why?
5. How is the American strategy for dealing with the Indians during the American Revolution described in Chapter 5? What founding fathers are discussed?
6. What was the intention behind "Act of Submission"? Who wrote this text from Chapter 3?
7. What became of White Eyes and the Delaware Indians in 1782?
8. How does the author describe the many land deeds in colonial America in Chapter 3?
9. Why did Minavavana scold the British in his speech in Chapter 4?
10. How is the "guardian system" described in Chapter 3? When and where was it enacted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss John Eliot, early European Christian missionaries in the colonies, and the establishment of praying towns among the Native Americans. When did Eliot establish his first praying town?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Chekilli and the Creek people. How did this tribe relate to others? What interaction did the Creek people have with European colonists?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the effects of European trade on the Native Americans. Why did the trade industry have such a devastating effect on the population?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)