|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chief Pontiac was a leader of what Native American tribe?
2. Who were the Iroquois allied with in the American Revolutionary War?
3. Where was Colonel William Crawford born?
4. In Chapter 3, Penobscot recounted his part in the negotiations, in which he never stated anything about handing over land but only that he wished for what?
5. In a speech from 1756, the leaders of a tribe known for their ferocious fights against the French, plead for support in fighting the French from the governor of what state?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe the many land deeds in colonial America in Chapter 3?
2. What did the Native Americans feel about the French and Indian War? What is revealed in a 1758 speech about the war in Chapter 4?
3. Why did Minavavana scold the British in his speech in Chapter 4?
4. What text in Chapter 4 describes the motivations of the French to the Iroquois? What is the response to this text?
5. What was the intention behind "Act of Submission"? Who wrote this text from Chapter 3?
6. When was the Treaty of Fort Stanwix signed? Who opposed it?
7. How is the "guardian system" described in Chapter 3? When and where was it enacted?
8. What became of White Eyes and the Delaware Indians in 1782?
9. What was the Native American response to the Peace of Paris? Why?
10. What text included in Chapter 3 relates the account of Penobscot? What does it concern?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the housing structures and villages established amongst the Native American tribes. How much variance was there in housing structure?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Samson Occom and Reverend Eleazar Wheelock. When and where were each of these individuals born? What impact did each have on the Native American community?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the text of the Micmac Indian in Chapter 2. What elements of European culture are criticized by the Native American and why?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)