|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Colonel William Crawford die?
2. What was the name of the governor of New France who traveled to Iroquois country to try to bluff his way to making the Iroquois stop trading with the English?
3. In Chapter 4, a Cayuga chief described what tribe as warlike and treacherous, when in reality they were peace-loving?
4. In the first text from Chapter 5, Oneida Indians express their desire to remain neutral in the conflict in a speech to whom?
5. The first text in Chapter 4 is from what year, when a governor of New France traveled to Iroquois country to try to bluff his way to making the Iroquois stop trading with the English?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the devastation of the Native American community due to smallpox, measles and other disease brought from the Old World. How many Native American tribes were wiped out completely by disease?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Samson Occom and Reverend Eleazar Wheelock. When and where were each of these individuals born? What impact did each have on the Native American community?
Essay Topic 3
Describe John Norton and his relationship to the Iroquois people. When did Norton's creation story from Chapter 1 originate?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)