|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first text from Chapter 5, Oneida Indians express their desire to remain neutral in the conflict in a speech to whom?
2. A speech by a Chippewa chief named what rejected the presumption that the English were simply going to inherit Indian lands gained by the French in Chapter 4?
3. When did the American Revolutionary War end?
4. When was Dragging Canoe born?
5. The French and Indian War ended in what year?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Walking Purchase of 1737. Who was affected by this deal?
2. What was the intention behind "Act of Submission"? Who wrote this text from Chapter 3?
3. In what text is the Treaty of Fort Pitt discussed in Chapter 5? What did this treaty entail?
4. What disputes led to the Indian Nonintercourse Act? When was it signed into law?
5. What was the subject of the speech by the Oneida Indians in Chapter 5? What was the outcome for these people in the war?
6. What text in Chapter 4 describes the motivations of the French to the Iroquois? What is the response to this text?
7. How does the author describe the many land deeds in colonial America in Chapter 3?
8. How is the American strategy for dealing with the Indians during the American Revolution described in Chapter 5? What founding fathers are discussed?
9. Who did the Chickasaw Indians make a speech to in Chapter 4? Why?
10. What was the subject of Gachadow's speech in Chapter 4? What is represented in this text?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Samson Occom and Reverend Eleazar Wheelock. When and where were each of these individuals born? What impact did each have on the Native American community?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the text of Mary Jemison in Chapter 2. How did Jemison feel about her captors? How did this relationship change?
Essay Topic 3
Describe John Norton and his relationship to the Iroquois people. When did Norton's creation story from Chapter 1 originate?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)