Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joseph Mittark was accused of illegitimately selling the lands of his people to the governor of what state?
2. In the first text from Chapter 5, Oneida Indians express their desire to remain neutral in the conflict in a speech to the governor of what state?
3. What was the name of an Onondaga who gave the governor of New France a speech, essentially calling his bluff, in Chapter 4?
4. On the topic of intertribal wars, a speech by a Cayuga chief named what revealed the extent to which the Europeans succeeded in turning tribes against one another in Chapter 4?
5. A speech in what year by a Chippewa chief rejected the presumption that the English were simply going to inherit Indian lands gained by the French?
Essay Topic 1
Describe John Norton and his relationship to the Iroquois people. When did Norton's creation story from Chapter 1 originate?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Chekilli and the Creek people. How did this tribe relate to others? What interaction did the Creek people have with European colonists?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Native American perspective of land and the European view. How did this cultural difference influence the land deals between Indians and colonists?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)