|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joseph Mittark was accused of illegitimately selling the lands of his people to the governor of what state?
2. In the first text from Chapter 5, Oneida Indians express their desire to remain neutral in the conflict in a speech to the governor of what state?
3. What was the name of an Onondaga who gave the governor of New France a speech, essentially calling his bluff, in Chapter 4?
4. On the topic of intertribal wars, a speech by a Cayuga chief named what revealed the extent to which the Europeans succeeded in turning tribes against one another in Chapter 4?
5. A speech in what year by a Chippewa chief rejected the presumption that the English were simply going to inherit Indian lands gained by the French?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Chekilli and the Creek people. How did this tribe relate to others? What interaction did the Creek people have with European colonists?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the "discovery" and colonization of Manhattan, John Heckewelder, and the Mahican people. Where were the Mahican's primarily dwelling when the Dutch settlers arrived?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the text of the Micmac Indian in Chapter 2. What elements of European culture are criticized by the Native American and why?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)