Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joseph Mittark was accused of illegitimately selling the lands of his people to the governor of what state?
2. In the first text from Chapter 5, Oneida Indians express their desire to remain neutral in the conflict in a speech to the governor of what state?
3. What was the name of an Onondaga who gave the governor of New France a speech, essentially calling his bluff, in Chapter 4?
4. On the topic of intertribal wars, a speech by a Cayuga chief named what revealed the extent to which the Europeans succeeded in turning tribes against one another in Chapter 4?
5. A speech in what year by a Chippewa chief rejected the presumption that the English were simply going to inherit Indian lands gained by the French?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Columbus' journey to the Americas, the subsequent European colonization of the continent, and the culture and customs of Native Americans prior to and post European colonization. How does the reality of Native American civilization differ from the Eurocentric viewpoint?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the "discovery" and colonization of Manhattan, John Heckewelder, and the Mahican people. Where were the Mahican's primarily dwelling when the Dutch settlers arrived?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the journey of the Kasihtas in Chekilli's creation story. How does the plight of the tribe metaphorically relate to the plight of Native Americans in the face of colonization?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)