|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, a speech from 1752 was made by an Abenaki Indian named what to a Massachusetts emissary?
2. In 2004, the Delaware Nation filed suit against Pennsylvania in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, seeking how many acres included in the Walking Purchase?
3. When was Dragging Canoe born?
4. Chief Pontiac was a leader of what Native American tribe?
5. When did the American Revolutionary War begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is berated in a speech by Atiwaneto in Chapter 4? Why?
2. In what action was Joseph Brant instrumental during the American Revolution?
3. What Native American spoke at the Treaty of Lancaster conference? What is reprinted of this speaker in Chapter 3?
4. How were the Cherokee Indians impacted by the American Revolution? What rift took place amongst the tribe?
5. When did Pontiac's War take place? What results arose from the war?
6. Describe the Walking Purchase of 1737. Who was affected by this deal?
7. How is the "guardian system" described in Chapter 3? When and where was it enacted?
8. Who did the Chickasaw Indians make a speech to in Chapter 4? Why?
9. What was the subject of the speech by the Oneida Indians in Chapter 5? What was the outcome for these people in the war?
10. What was the intention behind "Act of Submission"? Who wrote this text from Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe John Norton and his relationship to the Iroquois people. When did Norton's creation story from Chapter 1 originate?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the "discovery" and colonization of Manhattan, John Heckewelder, and the Mahican people. Where were the Mahican's primarily dwelling when the Dutch settlers arrived?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and analyze the process of integration between the Europeans and the Native Americans. How did intermarriage affect the cultures of each community?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)