|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first text from Chapter 5, Oneida Indians express their desire to remain neutral in the conflict in a speech to the governor of what state?
2. The Indian Nonintercourse Act was passed by the United States Congress beginning in what year?
3. A speech was given by what Oneida Indian in Chapter 4, promising to uphold the peace between the tribe and the English, but questioning the English for using Indians to fight their wars for them?
4. The Indian Nonintercourse Act is the collective name given to how many statutes passed by the United States Congress?
5. The Indian Nonintercourse Act declared that all Indian land deals were invalid unless they occurred with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What text in Chapter 4 describes the motivations of the French to the Iroquois? What is the response to this text?
2. What was the Native American response to the Peace of Paris? Why?
3. What did Minavavana reject in his speech in Chapter 4? When was this speech given?
4. When did Pontiac's War take place? What results arose from the war?
5. Who is berated in a speech by Atiwaneto in Chapter 4? Why?
6. In what action was Joseph Brant instrumental during the American Revolution?
7. Why did Minavavana scold the British in his speech in Chapter 4?
8. Who did the Chickasaw Indians make a speech to in Chapter 4? Why?
9. What was the intention behind "Act of Submission"? Who wrote this text from Chapter 3?
10. What text included in Chapter 3 relates the account of Penobscot? What does it concern?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the biography of Josiah Jeremy and his relationship to the Micmac people. Where did the Micmacs live in North America?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the housing structures and villages established amongst the Native American tribes. How much variance was there in housing structure?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Samson Occom and Reverend Eleazar Wheelock. When and where were each of these individuals born? What impact did each have on the Native American community?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)