Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Smallpox probably diverged from an ancestral African rodent-borne variola-like virus between 16,000 and how many years ago?
2. Where was John Eliot born?
3. John Norton was adopted by the Mohawks, with who as his uncle?
4. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, a "Great Spirit" punishes his daughter for what by casting her down a great hole in the heavens?
5. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, red feathers mean what symbolically?
Short Essay Questions
1. What image of the earth's creation is described in John Norton's creation story in Chapter 1? Who was Norton?
2. Describe the Walking Purchase of 1737. Who was affected by this deal?
3. How did the Treaty of Greenville and the Indian Removal Act impact the Native Americans?
4. How did European trade impact the Native American peoples, as discussed in the Introduction?
5. What did the Indians refuse to consider in a text from 1793 in Chapter 6?
6. What great spirit attacks the central tribe in Chekilli's creation story from Chapter 1? How does the tribe overcome the adversity?
7. What became of White Eyes and the Delaware Indians in 1782?
8. With whom did the majority of Native Americans side with in the American Revolution? What were their feelings of the war?
9. What did the Native Americans feel about the French and Indian War? What is revealed in a 1758 speech about the war in Chapter 4?
10. Why did Minavavana scold the British in his speech in Chapter 4?
Discuss the effects of European trade on the Native Americans. Why did the trade industry have such a devastating effect on the population?
Describe the biography of Josiah Jeremy and his relationship to the Micmac people. Where did the Micmacs live in North America?
Discuss the impact of European political systems on Native American culture. How did the political structure of Native American civilization change as a result of European influence?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)