|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chief Pontiac was a leader of what Native American tribe?
(a) The Apache people.
(b) The Ottawa people.
(c) The Ouachita people.
(d) The Cherokee people.
2. In the "Act of Submission" printed in Chapter 3, the Native American tribe formally submitted themselves as subjects of what?
(a) The English Crown.
(b) The Spanish Crown.
(c) The American President.
(d) The French Crown.
3. Phineas Stevens had been captured by what tribe at a young age and had learned their customs and language?
(a) The Cherokee.
(b) The Abenaki people.
(c) The Apaches.
(d) The Catawbas.
4. In the first text from Chapter 5, Oneida Indians express their desire to remain neutral in the conflict in a speech to the governor of what state?
5. When did Phineas Stevens die?
Short Answer Questions
1. The first text reprinted in Chapter 3 is a "Act of Submission" written by what tribe?
2. When was Dragging Canoe born?
3. What was the name of the governor of New France who traveled to Iroquois country to try to bluff his way to making the Iroquois stop trading with the English?
4. Delaware Indians strenuously denied the accuracy of the treaty called the Treaty of Fort Pitt in a letter to what American Indian agent in Chapter 5?
5. The French and Indian War ended in what year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What became of White Eyes and the Delaware Indians in 1782?
2. What text included in Chapter 3 relates the account of Penobscot? What does it concern?
3. Who did the Chickasaw Indians make a speech to in Chapter 4? Why?
4. What was the subject of Gachadow's speech in Chapter 4? What is represented in this text?
5. Who is berated in a speech by Atiwaneto in Chapter 4? Why?
6. What disputes led to the Indian Nonintercourse Act? When was it signed into law?
7. How were the Cherokee Indians impacted by the American Revolution? What rift took place amongst the tribe?
8. Why did Minavavana scold the British in his speech in Chapter 4?
9. When did Pontiac's War take place? What results arose from the war?
10. What was the intention behind "Act of Submission"? Who wrote this text from Chapter 3?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)