|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did George Washington order the destruction of around forty Iroquois towns during the Revolutionary War?
2. In Chapter 4, a Cayuga chief described what tribe as warlike and treacherous, when in reality they were peace-loving?
(a) The Delaware Indians.
(b) The Catawbas.
(c) The Apaches.
(d) The Cherokee.
3. On the topic of intertribal wars, a speech by a Cayuga chief named what revealed the extent to which the Europeans succeeded in turning tribes against one another in Chapter 4?
(d) La Barre.
4. Colonel William Crawford was tortured and burnt at the stake by American Indians in retaliation for what incident?
(a) The Gnadenhutten massacre.
(b) The Treaty of Fort Stanwix.
(c) The Braddock expedition.
(d) The French and Indian War.
5. When did the American Revolutionary War begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. In a speech from 1756, the leaders of a tribe known for their ferocious fights against the French, plead for support in fighting the French from the governor of what state?
2. Chief Pontiac was born in approximately what year?
3. In what year was the Treaty of Fort Stanwix concluded between the Iroquois and English delegate Sir William Johnson?
4. A speech by a Chippewa chief named what rejected the presumption that the English were simply going to inherit Indian lands gained by the French in Chapter 4?
5. By what year was it clear the French were defeated by the English, and that Indians allied with the French were soon going to have to deal with the English, according to the author in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Pontiac's War take place? What results arose from the war?
2. Who is berated in a speech by Atiwaneto in Chapter 4? Why?
3. In what text is the Treaty of Fort Pitt discussed in Chapter 5? What did this treaty entail?
4. What did Minavavana reject in his speech in Chapter 4? When was this speech given?
5. What text included in Chapter 3 relates the account of Penobscot? What does it concern?
6. Why did Minavavana scold the British in his speech in Chapter 4?
7. Describe the Walking Purchase of 1737. Who was affected by this deal?
8. What became of White Eyes and the Delaware Indians in 1782?
9. In what action was Joseph Brant instrumental during the American Revolution?
10. Who did the Chickasaw Indians make a speech to in Chapter 4? Why?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)