|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, a Cayuga chief described what tribe as warlike and treacherous, when in reality they were peace-loving?
(a) The Apaches.
(b) The Cherokee.
(c) The Catawbas.
(d) The Delaware Indians.
2. When was Joseph Brant born?
3. The Indian Nonintercourse Act was passed by the United States Congress beginning in what year?
4. Joseph Mittark was accused of illegitimately selling the lands of his people to the governor of what state?
(a) New York.
5. The older generation of Cherokee who were resigned to making peace were represented by whom during the American Revolutionary War?
(a) Chief Corn Tassel.
(b) Lord Germain.
(c) Dragging Canoe.
(d) Eleazar Wheelock.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Walking Purchase was a purported agreement from what year?
2. The first text reprinted in Chapter 3 is a "Act of Submission" written by what tribe?
3. What was the name of the governor of New France who traveled to Iroquois country to try to bluff his way to making the Iroquois stop trading with the English?
4. A speech in what year by a Chippewa chief rejected the presumption that the English were simply going to inherit Indian lands gained by the French?
5. Delaware Indians strenuously denied the accuracy of the treaty called the Treaty of Fort Pitt in a letter to what American Indian agent in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the intention behind "Act of Submission"? Who wrote this text from Chapter 3?
2. When did Pontiac's War take place? What results arose from the war?
3. Why did Minavavana scold the British in his speech in Chapter 4?
4. What text in Chapter 4 describes the motivations of the French to the Iroquois? What is the response to this text?
5. Describe the Walking Purchase of 1737. Who was affected by this deal?
6. How is the "guardian system" described in Chapter 3? When and where was it enacted?
7. With whom did the majority of Native Americans side with in the American Revolution? What were their feelings of the war?
8. What became of White Eyes and the Delaware Indians in 1782?
9. What was the Native American response to the Peace of Paris? Why?
10. Who did the Chickasaw Indians make a speech to in Chapter 4? Why?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)