|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What act among Indian tribes was a crucial part of any diplomatic efforts, as it symbolized friendship and sincerity?
(a) Sharing tea.
(b) Totem sharing.
(c) Ritual sacrifice.
(d) Gift giving.
2. When was Joseph Brant born?
3. What was the name of an Onondaga who gave the governor of New France a speech, essentially calling his bluff, in Chapter 4?
(c) La Barre.
4. What refers to the crime of falsely making or altering a writing by which the legal rights or obligations of another person are apparently affected?
5. The French and Indian War ended in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Delaware Indians strenuously denied the accuracy of the treaty called the Treaty of Fort Pitt in a letter to what American Indian agent in Chapter 5?
2. Colonel William Crawford was tortured and burnt at the stake by American Indians in retaliation for what incident?
3. One instance of land abuse was the "guardian system," put in place by Massachusetts in what year?
4. In what year was the Treaty of Fort Stanwix concluded between the Iroquois and English delegate Sir William Johnson?
5. Joseph Brant was a military and political leader in what Native American tribe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the subject of Gachadow's speech in Chapter 4? What is represented in this text?
2. In what action was Joseph Brant instrumental during the American Revolution?
3. Why did Minavavana scold the British in his speech in Chapter 4?
4. What did the Native Americans feel about the French and Indian War? What is revealed in a 1758 speech about the war in Chapter 4?
5. What was the subject of the speech by the Oneida Indians in Chapter 5? What was the outcome for these people in the war?
6. How does the author describe the many land deeds in colonial America in Chapter 3?
7. In what text is the Treaty of Fort Pitt discussed in Chapter 5? What did this treaty entail?
8. With whom did the majority of Native Americans side with in the American Revolution? What were their feelings of the war?
9. What disputes led to the Indian Nonintercourse Act? When was it signed into law?
10. Who did the Chickasaw Indians make a speech to in Chapter 4? Why?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)