|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of an Onondaga who gave the governor of New France a speech, essentially calling his bluff, in Chapter 4?
(c) La Barre.
2. When did Phineas Stevens die?
3. In 1778, a chief named what, ceding no land, allowed Americans to cross Delaware country?
(a) White Eyes.
(b) White Dove.
(c) Black Lion.
(d) Black Bear.
4. When did Colonel William Crawford die?
5. Where was Phineas Stevens born?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) Montauk, New York.
(c) Cambridge, Massachusetts.
(d) Sudbury, Massachusetts.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first text reprinted in Chapter 3 is a "Act of Submission" from what year?by the Narrangansett Indians
2. A speech by a Chippewa chief named what rejected the presumption that the English were simply going to inherit Indian lands gained by the French in Chapter 4?
3. What refers to a writing or document executed under seal and delivered to effect a conveyance, especially of real estate?
4. In a speech from 1756, the leaders of what tribe, known for their ferocious fights against the French, plead for support in fighting the French?
5. In what year did a Delaware chief named John Killbuck make a speech correctly doubting that the white man will be satisfied with the Ohio River boundary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What became of White Eyes and the Delaware Indians in 1782?
2. In what text is the Treaty of Fort Pitt discussed in Chapter 5? What did this treaty entail?
3. How does the author describe the many land deeds in colonial America in Chapter 3?
4. What did the Native Americans feel about the French and Indian War? What is revealed in a 1758 speech about the war in Chapter 4?
5. What text in Chapter 4 describes the motivations of the French to the Iroquois? What is the response to this text?
6. Describe the Walking Purchase of 1737. Who was affected by this deal?
7. What text included in Chapter 3 relates the account of Penobscot? What does it concern?
8. How were the Cherokee Indians impacted by the American Revolution? What rift took place amongst the tribe?
9. When was the Treaty of Fort Stanwix signed? Who opposed it?
10. Who is berated in a speech by Atiwaneto in Chapter 4? Why?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)