|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a speech from 1756, the leaders of what tribe, known for their ferocious fights against the French, plead for support in fighting the French?
(a) The Apaches.
(b) The Chickasaw Indians.
(c) The Abenaki people.
(d) The Catawbas.
2. The Walking Purchase was a purported agreement from what year?
3. When was Colonel William Crawford born?
4. A speech by a Chippewa chief named what rejected the presumption that the English were simply going to inherit Indian lands gained by the French in Chapter 4?
5. In 1778, a chief named what, ceding no land, allowed Americans to cross Delaware country?
(a) Black Bear.
(b) White Dove.
(c) Black Lion.
(d) White Eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joseph Brant had been taught at whose school?
2. What was the name of an Onondaga who gave the governor of New France a speech, essentially calling his bluff, in Chapter 4?
3. When did the American Revolutionary War begin?
4. By way of the Walking Purchase, the Penn family and proprietors claimed an area of how many acres in Pennsylvania?
5. Joseph Brant was a military and political leader in what Native American tribe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Minavavana scold the British in his speech in Chapter 4?
2. What did Minavavana reject in his speech in Chapter 4? When was this speech given?
3. What was the Native American response to the Peace of Paris? Why?
4. How does the author describe the many land deeds in colonial America in Chapter 3?
5. What did the Native Americans feel about the French and Indian War? What is revealed in a 1758 speech about the war in Chapter 4?
6. What was the intention behind "Act of Submission"? Who wrote this text from Chapter 3?
7. Describe the Walking Purchase of 1737. Who was affected by this deal?
8. What disputes led to the Indian Nonintercourse Act? When was it signed into law?
9. What text included in Chapter 3 relates the account of Penobscot? What does it concern?
10. What Native American spoke at the Treaty of Lancaster conference? What is reprinted of this speaker in Chapter 3?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)