|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Colonel William Crawford die?
2. In a speech from 1756, the leaders of a tribe known for their ferocious fights against the French, plead for support in fighting the French from the governor of what state?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) South Carolina.
(d) New York.
3. The Indian Nonintercourse Act was passed by the United States Congress beginning in what year?
4. The Indian Nonintercourse Act declared that all Indian land deals were invalid unless they occurred with what?
(a) Popular vote.
(b) Congressional approval.
(c) Judicial approval.
(d) Presidential approval.
5. The older generation of Cherokee who were resigned to making peace were represented by whom during the American Revolutionary War?
(a) Eleazar Wheelock.
(b) Chief Corn Tassel.
(c) Dragging Canoe.
(d) Lord Germain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the crime of falsely making or altering a writing by which the legal rights or obligations of another person are apparently affected?
2. Where was Phineas Stevens born?
3. The first text reprinted in Chapter 3 is a "Act of Submission" written by what tribe?
4. In an address to whom in Chapter 5 does Joseph Brant reiterate support for Great Britain?
5. Chief Pontiac was born in approximately what year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Native Americans feel about the French and Indian War? What is revealed in a 1758 speech about the war in Chapter 4?
2. What text in Chapter 4 describes the motivations of the French to the Iroquois? What is the response to this text?
3. Who did the Chickasaw Indians make a speech to in Chapter 4? Why?
4. Describe the Walking Purchase of 1737. Who was affected by this deal?
5. With whom did the majority of Native Americans side with in the American Revolution? What were their feelings of the war?
6. What was the intention behind "Act of Submission"? Who wrote this text from Chapter 3?
7. What did Minavavana reject in his speech in Chapter 4? When was this speech given?
8. In what action was Joseph Brant instrumental during the American Revolution?
9. What became of White Eyes and the Delaware Indians in 1782?
10. What disputes led to the Indian Nonintercourse Act? When was it signed into law?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)