|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the Treaty of Fort Stanwix concluded between the Iroquois and English delegate Sir William Johnson?
2. In what year did the Delaware Indians give a speech stating their belief that the English caused the French and Indian War, as described in Chapter 4?
3. Deliberations on the Treaty of Lancaster ended on what date?
(a) July 4, 1744.
(b) June 12, 1754.
(c) October 15, 1669.
(d) November 23, 1746.
4. In 2004, the Delaware Nation filed suit against Pennsylvania in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, seeking how many acres included in the Walking Purchase?
5. When was Dragging Canoe born?
Short Answer Questions
1. The first text reprinted in Chapter 3 is a "Act of Submission" written by what tribe?
2. Thomas Jefferson was governor of what state when he urged extermination of Shawnees in Ohio?
3. Chief Pontiac was a leader of what Native American tribe?
4. When was Phineas Stevens born?
5. A speech in what year by a Chippewa chief rejected the presumption that the English were simply going to inherit Indian lands gained by the French?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Pontiac's War take place? What results arose from the war?
2. What was the intention behind "Act of Submission"? Who wrote this text from Chapter 3?
3. With whom did the majority of Native Americans side with in the American Revolution? What were their feelings of the war?
4. How is the "guardian system" described in Chapter 3? When and where was it enacted?
5. What text included in Chapter 3 relates the account of Penobscot? What does it concern?
6. How does the author describe the many land deeds in colonial America in Chapter 3?
7. What became of White Eyes and the Delaware Indians in 1782?
8. When was the Treaty of Fort Stanwix signed? Who opposed it?
9. What was the Native American response to the Peace of Paris? Why?
10. How is the American strategy for dealing with the Indians during the American Revolution described in Chapter 5? What founding fathers are discussed?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)