|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joseph Mittark was the sachem of what tribe?
(a) The Gay Head Indians.
(b) The Delaware Indians.
(c) The Apache Indians.
(d) The Cherokee Indians.
2. A speech was given by what Oneida Indian in Chapter 4, promising to uphold the peace between the tribe and the English, but questioning the English for using Indians to fight their wars for them?
(b) La Barre.
3. In the first text from Chapter 5, Oneida Indians express their desire to remain neutral in the conflict in a speech to whom?
(a) Jonathan Trumbull.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Joseph Brant.
4. When was Joseph Brant born?
5. Who were the Iroquois allied with in the American Revolutionary War?
(a) The British.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Spanish.
(d) The French.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Indian Nonintercourse Act is the collective name given to how many statutes passed by the United States Congress?
2. One instance of land abuse was the "guardian system," put in place by Massachusetts in what year?
3. Joseph Brant was a military and political leader in what Native American tribe?
4. Delaware Indians strenuously denied the accuracy of the treaty called the Treaty of Fort Pitt in a letter to what American Indian agent in Chapter 5?
5. The French and Indian War began in what year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What text in Chapter 4 describes the motivations of the French to the Iroquois? What is the response to this text?
2. How is the American strategy for dealing with the Indians during the American Revolution described in Chapter 5? What founding fathers are discussed?
3. What Native American spoke at the Treaty of Lancaster conference? What is reprinted of this speaker in Chapter 3?
4. What was the Native American response to the Peace of Paris? Why?
5. What was the intention behind "Act of Submission"? Who wrote this text from Chapter 3?
6. Why did Minavavana scold the British in his speech in Chapter 4?
7. What disputes led to the Indian Nonintercourse Act? When was it signed into law?
8. With whom did the majority of Native Americans side with in the American Revolution? What were their feelings of the war?
9. What did the Native Americans feel about the French and Indian War? What is revealed in a 1758 speech about the war in Chapter 4?
10. How does the author describe the many land deeds in colonial America in Chapter 3?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)