|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The French and Indian War began in what year?
2. The older generation of Cherokee who were resigned to making peace were represented by whom during the American Revolutionary War?
(a) Chief Corn Tassel.
(b) Lord Germain.
(c) Dragging Canoe.
(d) Eleazar Wheelock.
3. Where was Colonel William Crawford born?
(a) Orange County, Virginia.
(b) Cambridge, Massachusetts.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) New York, New York.
4. The first text reprinted in Chapter 3 is a "Act of Submission" from what year?by the Narrangansett Indians
5. Joseph Mittark was accused of illegitimately selling the lands of his people to whom?
(a) Thomas Dongan.
(b) John Eliot.
(c) Joseph Brant.
(d) John Heckewelder.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the American Revolutionary War end?
2. When did Phineas Stevens die?
3. What was the name of the governor of New France who traveled to Iroquois country to try to bluff his way to making the Iroquois stop trading with the English?
4. When was Dragging Canoe born?
5. George Washington became known by what nickname among the Native Americans for ordering the destruction of around forty Iroquois towns during the Revolutionary War?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is berated in a speech by Atiwaneto in Chapter 4? Why?
2. In what action was Joseph Brant instrumental during the American Revolution?
3. What became of White Eyes and the Delaware Indians in 1782?
4. What Native American spoke at the Treaty of Lancaster conference? What is reprinted of this speaker in Chapter 3?
5. How were the Cherokee Indians impacted by the American Revolution? What rift took place amongst the tribe?
6. How does the author describe the many land deeds in colonial America in Chapter 3?
7. What disputes led to the Indian Nonintercourse Act? When was it signed into law?
8. What did Minavavana reject in his speech in Chapter 4? When was this speech given?
9. What was the intention behind "Act of Submission"? Who wrote this text from Chapter 3?
10. What was the subject of Gachadow's speech in Chapter 4? What is represented in this text?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)