|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Phineas Stevens had been captured by what tribe at a young age and had learned their customs and language?
(a) The Cherokee.
(b) The Apaches.
(c) The Catawbas.
(d) The Abenaki people.
2. Chief Pontiac was born in approximately what year?
3. When was Dragging Canoe born?
4. A speech was given by what Oneida Indian in Chapter 4, promising to uphold the peace between the tribe and the English, but questioning the English for using Indians to fight their wars for them?
(c) La Barre.
5. When was Colonel William Crawford born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pontiac's War was launched in what year?
2. In what year did the Delaware Indians give a speech stating their belief that the English caused the French and Indian War, as described in Chapter 4?
3. Thomas Jefferson was governor of what state when he urged extermination of Shawnees in Ohio?
4. The French and Indian War began in what year?
5. An Onondaga Indian named what delivered several powerful speeches at the Treaty of Lancaster conference?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Pontiac's War take place? What results arose from the war?
2. What was the intention behind "Act of Submission"? Who wrote this text from Chapter 3?
3. What became of White Eyes and the Delaware Indians in 1782?
4. How is the American strategy for dealing with the Indians during the American Revolution described in Chapter 5? What founding fathers are discussed?
5. Why did Minavavana scold the British in his speech in Chapter 4?
6. Who did the Chickasaw Indians make a speech to in Chapter 4? Why?
7. Describe the Walking Purchase of 1737. Who was affected by this deal?
8. How is the "guardian system" described in Chapter 3? When and where was it enacted?
9. When was the Treaty of Fort Stanwix signed? Who opposed it?
10. What text included in Chapter 3 relates the account of Penobscot? What does it concern?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)