|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the American Revolutionary War begin?
2. Thomas Jefferson was governor of what state when he urged extermination of Shawnees in Ohio?
3. Joseph Mittark was accused of illegitimately selling the lands of his people to the governor of what state?
(b) New York.
4. In the first text from Chapter 5, Oneida Indians express their desire to remain neutral in the conflict in a speech to whom?
(a) Jonathan Trumbull.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Joseph Brant.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
5. Deliberations on the Treaty of Lancaster ended on what date?
(a) July 4, 1744.
(b) June 12, 1754.
(c) November 23, 1746.
(d) October 15, 1669.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dragging Canoe led Cherokee Indians inclined to fight whom during the American Revolutionary War?
2. The French and Indian War began in what year?
3. The Indian Nonintercourse Act was passed by the United States Congress beginning in what year?
4. A speech was given by what Oneida Indian in Chapter 4, promising to uphold the peace between the tribe and the English, but questioning the English for using Indians to fight their wars for them?
5. The Indian Nonintercourse Act declared that all Indian land deals were invalid unless they occurred with what?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)