|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The French and Indian War ended in what year?
2. What was the name of the governor of New France who traveled to Iroquois country to try to bluff his way to making the Iroquois stop trading with the English?
(a) La Barre.
(b) La Belle.
3. The Indian Nonintercourse Act is the collective name given to how many statutes passed by the United States Congress?
4. The Indian Nonintercourse Act declared that all Indian land deals were invalid unless they occurred with what?
(a) Judicial approval.
(b) Congressional approval.
(c) Presidential approval.
(d) Popular vote.
5. The Walking Purchase was a purported agreement between the Penn family and what native tribe?
(a) The Iriquois Indians.
(b) The Apache Indians.
(c) The Cherokee Indians.
(d) The Delaware Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first text in Chapter 4 is from what year, when a governor of New France traveled to Iroquois country to try to bluff his way to making the Iroquois stop trading with the English?
2. In the "Act of Submission" printed in Chapter 3, the Native American tribe formally submitted themselves as subjects of what?
3. Chief Pontiac was born in approximately what year?
4. When was Colonel William Crawford born?
5. The older generation of Cherokee who were resigned to making peace were represented by whom during the American Revolutionary War?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)