|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first text in Chapter 4 is from what year, when a governor of New France traveled to Iroquois country to try to bluff his way to making the Iroquois stop trading with the English?
2. The Treaty of Fort Pitt was signed on what date?
(a) September 17, 1778.
(b) July 4, 1776.
(c) November 12, 1776.
(d) October 12, 1777.
3. When did Colonel William Crawford die?
4. On the topic of intertribal wars, a speech by a Cayuga chief named what revealed the extent to which the Europeans succeeded in turning tribes against one another in Chapter 4?
(c) La Barre.
5. In the "Act of Submission" printed in Chapter 3, the Native American tribe formally submitted themselves as subjects of what?
(a) The English Crown.
(b) The French Crown.
(c) The Spanish Crown.
(d) The American President.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Dragging Canoe born?
2. Colonel William Crawford was tortured and burnt at the stake by American Indians in retaliation for what incident?
3. The Walking Purchase was a purported agreement between the Penn family and what native tribe?
4. Deliberations on the Treaty of Lancaster ended on what date?
5. A speech in what year by a Chippewa chief rejected the presumption that the English were simply going to inherit Indian lands gained by the French?
Short Essay Questions
1. What became of White Eyes and the Delaware Indians in 1782?
2. When did Pontiac's War take place? What results arose from the war?
3. What text included in Chapter 3 relates the account of Penobscot? What does it concern?
4. How is the "guardian system" described in Chapter 3? When and where was it enacted?
5. What text in Chapter 4 describes the motivations of the French to the Iroquois? What is the response to this text?
6. In what action was Joseph Brant instrumental during the American Revolution?
7. When was the Treaty of Fort Stanwix signed? Who opposed it?
8. What did Minavavana reject in his speech in Chapter 4? When was this speech given?
9. What did the Native Americans feel about the French and Indian War? What is revealed in a 1758 speech about the war in Chapter 4?
10. In what text is the Treaty of Fort Pitt discussed in Chapter 5? What did this treaty entail?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)