|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Delaware Indians strenuously denied the accuracy of the treaty called the Treaty of Fort Pitt in a letter to what American Indian agent in Chapter 5?
(a) Alexander McGillivray.
(b) William Johnson.
(c) George Morgan.
(d) Joseph Brant.
2. In what year did the Delaware Indians give a speech stating their belief that the English caused the French and Indian War, as described in Chapter 4?
3. In a speech from 1756, the leaders of a tribe known for their ferocious fights against the French, plead for support in fighting the French from the governor of what state?
(a) South Carolina.
(c) North Carolina.
(d) New York.
4. Colonel William Crawford was tortured and burnt at the stake by American Indians in retaliation for what incident?
(a) The Gnadenhutten massacre.
(b) The Braddock expedition.
(c) The French and Indian War.
(d) The Treaty of Fort Stanwix.
5. A speech in what year by a Chippewa chief rejected the presumption that the English were simply going to inherit Indian lands gained by the French?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, a Cayuga chief described what tribe as warlike and treacherous, when in reality they were peace-loving?
2. An Onondaga Indian named what delivered several powerful speeches at the Treaty of Lancaster conference?
3. The first text reprinted in Chapter 3 is a "Act of Submission" from what year?by the Narrangansett Indians
4. Chief Pontiac was born in approximately what year?
5. In the first text from Chapter 5, Oneida Indians express their desire to remain neutral in the conflict in a speech to whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe the many land deeds in colonial America in Chapter 3?
2. When did Pontiac's War take place? What results arose from the war?
3. In what text is the Treaty of Fort Pitt discussed in Chapter 5? What did this treaty entail?
4. What became of White Eyes and the Delaware Indians in 1782?
5. What Native American spoke at the Treaty of Lancaster conference? What is reprinted of this speaker in Chapter 3?
6. In what action was Joseph Brant instrumental during the American Revolution?
7. Why did Minavavana scold the British in his speech in Chapter 4?
8. What was the Native American response to the Peace of Paris? Why?
9. Who is berated in a speech by Atiwaneto in Chapter 4? Why?
10. What was the subject of the speech by the Oneida Indians in Chapter 5? What was the outcome for these people in the war?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)