|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did the Delaware Indians give a speech stating their belief that the English caused the French and Indian War, as described in Chapter 4?
2. In a speech from 1756, the leaders of a tribe known for their ferocious fights against the French, plead for support in fighting the French from the governor of what state?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) South Carolina.
(d) New York.
3. Penobscot participated in a land negotiation for an area called what in present-day Maine?
(a) Pelican Bay.
(b) Casco Bay.
(c) Martha's Vineyard.
(d) Crystal Bay.
4. In 1778, a chief named what, ceding no land, allowed Americans to cross Delaware country?
(a) Black Bear.
(b) White Dove.
(c) White Eyes.
(d) Black Lion.
5. When did the American Revolutionary War begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Phineas Stevens born?
2. What act among Indian tribes was a crucial part of any diplomatic efforts, as it symbolized friendship and sincerity?
3. The first text reprinted in Chapter 3 is a "Act of Submission" from what year?by the Narrangansett Indians
4. What refers to the crime of falsely making or altering a writing by which the legal rights or obligations of another person are apparently affected?
5. In an address to whom in Chapter 5 does Joseph Brant reiterate support for Great Britain?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)