|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In an address to whom in Chapter 5 does Joseph Brant reiterate support for Great Britain?
(a) Jeffery Amherst.
(b) William Johnson.
(c) Eleazar Wheelock.
(d) Lord Germain.
2. The Walking Purchase gave Pennsylvania as much land as a person could walk in how much time?
(a) Three and a half days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Four days.
(d) A day and a half.
3. Colonel William Crawford was tortured and burnt at the stake by American Indians in retaliation for what incident?
(a) The Gnadenhutten massacre.
(b) The Braddock expedition.
(c) The Treaty of Fort Stanwix.
(d) The French and Indian War.
4. Who were the Iroquois allied with in the American Revolutionary War?
(a) The Spanish.
(b) The British.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The French.
5. Joseph Mittark was the sachem of what tribe?
(a) The Apache Indians.
(b) The Gay Head Indians.
(c) The Cherokee Indians.
(d) The Delaware Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Penobscot participated in a land negotiation for an area called what in present-day Maine?
2. In 1778, a chief named what, ceding no land, allowed Americans to cross Delaware country?
3. What refers to the crime of falsely making or altering a writing by which the legal rights or obligations of another person are apparently affected?
4. In the first text from Chapter 5, Oneida Indians express their desire to remain neutral in the conflict in a speech to the governor of what state?
5. The first text reprinted in Chapter 3 is a "Act of Submission" written by what tribe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Minavavana reject in his speech in Chapter 4? When was this speech given?
2. What was the subject of the speech by the Oneida Indians in Chapter 5? What was the outcome for these people in the war?
3. Why did Minavavana scold the British in his speech in Chapter 4?
4. In what action was Joseph Brant instrumental during the American Revolution?
5. What was the intention behind "Act of Submission"? Who wrote this text from Chapter 3?
6. How is the American strategy for dealing with the Indians during the American Revolution described in Chapter 5? What founding fathers are discussed?
7. How were the Cherokee Indians impacted by the American Revolution? What rift took place amongst the tribe?
8. What text in Chapter 4 describes the motivations of the French to the Iroquois? What is the response to this text?
9. When did Pontiac's War take place? What results arose from the war?
10. What Native American spoke at the Treaty of Lancaster conference? What is reprinted of this speaker in Chapter 3?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)