|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The French and Indian War began in what year?
2. The French and Indian War ended in what year?
3. Phineas Stevens had been captured by what tribe at a young age and had learned their customs and language?
(a) The Abenaki people.
(b) The Catawbas.
(c) The Cherokee.
(d) The Apaches.
4. The first text reprinted in Chapter 3 is a "Act of Submission" written by what tribe?
(a) The Narrangansett Indians.
(b) The Mohawk Indians.
(c) The Cherokee Indians.
(d) The Apache Indians.
5. What refers to a writing or document executed under seal and delivered to effect a conveyance, especially of real estate?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1778, a chief named what, ceding no land, allowed Americans to cross Delaware country?
2. In a speech from 1756, the leaders of a tribe known for their ferocious fights against the French, plead for support in fighting the French from the governor of what state?
3. Joseph Mittark was accused of illegitimately selling the lands of his people to whom?
4. Dragging Canoe led Cherokee Indians inclined to fight whom during the American Revolutionary War?
5. The Indian Nonintercourse Act is the collective name given to how many statutes passed by the United States Congress?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Pontiac's War take place? What results arose from the war?
2. What text in Chapter 4 describes the motivations of the French to the Iroquois? What is the response to this text?
3. What did the Native Americans feel about the French and Indian War? What is revealed in a 1758 speech about the war in Chapter 4?
4. When was the Treaty of Fort Stanwix signed? Who opposed it?
5. What disputes led to the Indian Nonintercourse Act? When was it signed into law?
6. What was the Native American response to the Peace of Paris? Why?
7. In what action was Joseph Brant instrumental during the American Revolution?
8. What became of White Eyes and the Delaware Indians in 1782?
9. How does the author describe the many land deeds in colonial America in Chapter 3?
10. What was the intention behind "Act of Submission"? Who wrote this text from Chapter 3?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)