|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In an address to whom in Chapter 5 does Joseph Brant reiterate support for Great Britain?
(a) William Johnson.
(b) Lord Germain.
(c) Jeffery Amherst.
(d) Eleazar Wheelock.
2. The Indian Nonintercourse Act was passed by the United States Congress beginning in what year?
3. When did Phineas Stevens die?
4. The Indian Nonintercourse Act declared that all Indian land deals were invalid unless they occurred with what?
(a) Congressional approval.
(b) Presidential approval.
(c) Judicial approval.
(d) Popular vote.
5. The Walking Purchase was a purported agreement from what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Joseph Mittark was accused of illegitimately selling the lands of his people to whom?
2. The Treaty of Lancaster was a treaty concluded between the Six Nations and the colonies of Virginia and what?
3. Thomas Jefferson was governor of what state when he urged extermination of Shawnees in Ohio?
4. By what year was it clear the French were defeated by the English, and that Indians allied with the French were soon going to have to deal with the English, according to the author in Chapter 4?
5. The Walking Purchase was a purported agreement between the Penn family and what native tribe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the "guardian system" described in Chapter 3? When and where was it enacted?
2. What was the Native American response to the Peace of Paris? Why?
3. Why did Minavavana scold the British in his speech in Chapter 4?
4. What was the subject of Gachadow's speech in Chapter 4? What is represented in this text?
5. In what action was Joseph Brant instrumental during the American Revolution?
6. In what text is the Treaty of Fort Pitt discussed in Chapter 5? What did this treaty entail?
7. When did Pontiac's War take place? What results arose from the war?
8. What was the subject of the speech by the Oneida Indians in Chapter 5? What was the outcome for these people in the war?
9. What did Minavavana reject in his speech in Chapter 4? When was this speech given?
10. Who is berated in a speech by Atiwaneto in Chapter 4? Why?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)