|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Phineas Stevens die?
2. When was Phineas Stevens born?
3. Joseph Brant had been taught at whose school?
(a) Lord Germain's.
(b) William Johnson's.
(c) Jeffery Amherst's.
(d) Eleazar Wheelock's.
4. The Walking Purchase was a purported agreement from what year?
5. Penobscot participated in a land negotiation for an area called what in present-day Maine?
(a) Crystal Bay.
(b) Casco Bay.
(c) Martha's Vineyard.
(d) Pelican Bay.
Short Answer Questions
1. George Washington became known by what nickname among the Native Americans for ordering the destruction of around forty Iroquois towns during the Revolutionary War?
2. In Chapter 4, a speech from 1752 was made by an Abenaki Indian named what to a Massachusetts emissary?
3. The Indian Nonintercourse Act is the collective name given to how many statutes passed by the United States Congress?
4. The older generation of Cherokee who were resigned to making peace were represented by whom during the American Revolutionary War?
5. Pontiac's War was launched in what year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What became of White Eyes and the Delaware Indians in 1782?
2. Who is berated in a speech by Atiwaneto in Chapter 4? Why?
3. What was the Native American response to the Peace of Paris? Why?
4. Describe the Walking Purchase of 1737. Who was affected by this deal?
5. What did Minavavana reject in his speech in Chapter 4? When was this speech given?
6. What Native American spoke at the Treaty of Lancaster conference? What is reprinted of this speaker in Chapter 3?
7. In what text is the Treaty of Fort Pitt discussed in Chapter 5? What did this treaty entail?
8. How were the Cherokee Indians impacted by the American Revolution? What rift took place amongst the tribe?
9. In what action was Joseph Brant instrumental during the American Revolution?
10. With whom did the majority of Native Americans side with in the American Revolution? What were their feelings of the war?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)