|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Walking Purchase gave Pennsylvania as much land as a person could walk in how much time?
(a) Two days.
(b) Four days.
(c) A day and a half.
(d) Three and a half days.
2. When was Colonel William Crawford born?
3. In what year was the Treaty of Fort Stanwix concluded between the Iroquois and English delegate Sir William Johnson?
4. Where was Phineas Stevens born?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) Montauk, New York.
(c) Sudbury, Massachusetts.
(d) Cambridge, Massachusetts.
5. The Indian Nonintercourse Act was passed by the United States Congress beginning in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did a Delaware chief named John Killbuck make a speech correctly doubting that the white man will be satisfied with the Ohio River boundary?
2. In Chapter 4, a speech from 1752 was made by an Abenaki Indian named what to a Massachusetts emissary?
3. Joseph Mittark was accused of illegitimately selling the lands of his people to whom?
4. Phineas Stevens had been captured by what tribe at a young age and had learned their customs and language?
5. The French and Indian War began in what year?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the "guardian system" described in Chapter 3? When and where was it enacted?
2. What was the Native American response to the Peace of Paris? Why?
3. Describe the Walking Purchase of 1737. Who was affected by this deal?
4. What text in Chapter 4 describes the motivations of the French to the Iroquois? What is the response to this text?
5. How is the American strategy for dealing with the Indians during the American Revolution described in Chapter 5? What founding fathers are discussed?
6. In what text is the Treaty of Fort Pitt discussed in Chapter 5? What did this treaty entail?
7. What became of White Eyes and the Delaware Indians in 1782?
8. How were the Cherokee Indians impacted by the American Revolution? What rift took place amongst the tribe?
9. When was the Treaty of Fort Stanwix signed? Who opposed it?
10. What did the Native Americans feel about the French and Indian War? What is revealed in a 1758 speech about the war in Chapter 4?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)