|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Indian Nonintercourse Act was passed by the United States Congress beginning in what year?
2. By what year was it clear the French were defeated by the English, and that Indians allied with the French were soon going to have to deal with the English, according to the author in Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 4, a speech from 1752 was made by an Abenaki Indian named what to a Massachusetts emissary?
4. The French and Indian War ended in what year?
5. Delaware Indians strenuously denied the accuracy of the treaty called the Treaty of Fort Pitt in a letter to what American Indian agent in Chapter 5?
(a) William Johnson.
(b) Joseph Brant.
(c) Alexander McGillivray.
(d) George Morgan.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the "Act of Submission" printed in Chapter 3, the Native American tribe formally submitted themselves as subjects of what?
2. The first text in Chapter 4 is from what year, when a governor of New France traveled to Iroquois country to try to bluff his way to making the Iroquois stop trading with the English?
3. When was Colonel William Crawford born?
4. In what year did a Delaware chief named John Killbuck make a speech correctly doubting that the white man will be satisfied with the Ohio River boundary?
5. Joseph Mittark was accused of illegitimately selling the lands of his people to the governor of what state?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the "guardian system" described in Chapter 3? When and where was it enacted?
2. When was the Treaty of Fort Stanwix signed? Who opposed it?
3. What text in Chapter 4 describes the motivations of the French to the Iroquois? What is the response to this text?
4. What became of White Eyes and the Delaware Indians in 1782?
5. Who is berated in a speech by Atiwaneto in Chapter 4? Why?
6. What Native American spoke at the Treaty of Lancaster conference? What is reprinted of this speaker in Chapter 3?
7. What was the Native American response to the Peace of Paris? Why?
8. With whom did the majority of Native Americans side with in the American Revolution? What were their feelings of the war?
9. When did Pontiac's War take place? What results arose from the war?
10. In what action was Joseph Brant instrumental during the American Revolution?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)