|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chief Pontiac was a leader of what Native American tribe?
(a) The Ottawa people.
(b) The Ouachita people.
(c) The Cherokee people.
(d) The Apache people.
2. The Walking Purchase was a purported agreement between the Penn family and what native tribe?
(a) The Apache Indians.
(b) The Cherokee Indians.
(c) The Iriquois Indians.
(d) The Delaware Indians.
3. In 1778, a chief named what, ceding no land, allowed Americans to cross Delaware country?
(a) White Eyes.
(b) Black Lion.
(c) White Dove.
(d) Black Bear.
4. Chief Pontiac was born in approximately what year?
5. Who were the Iroquois allied with in the American Revolutionary War?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Spanish.
(c) The French.
(d) The British.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the American Revolutionary War end?
2. Dragging Canoe led Cherokee Indians inclined to fight whom during the American Revolutionary War?
3. Joseph Brant was a military and political leader in what Native American tribe?
4. The Walking Purchase gave Pennsylvania as much land as a person could walk in how much time?
5. Phineas Stevens had been captured by what tribe at a young age and had learned their customs and language?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the subject of Gachadow's speech in Chapter 4? What is represented in this text?
2. What text included in Chapter 3 relates the account of Penobscot? What does it concern?
3. Who did the Chickasaw Indians make a speech to in Chapter 4? Why?
4. Who is berated in a speech by Atiwaneto in Chapter 4? Why?
5. What text in Chapter 4 describes the motivations of the French to the Iroquois? What is the response to this text?
6. What did the Native Americans feel about the French and Indian War? What is revealed in a 1758 speech about the war in Chapter 4?
7. How were the Cherokee Indians impacted by the American Revolution? What rift took place amongst the tribe?
8. When was the Treaty of Fort Stanwix signed? Who opposed it?
9. With whom did the majority of Native Americans side with in the American Revolution? What were their feelings of the war?
10. In what text is the Treaty of Fort Pitt discussed in Chapter 5? What did this treaty entail?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)