|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first text in Chapter 4 is from what year, when a governor of New France traveled to Iroquois country to try to bluff his way to making the Iroquois stop trading with the English?
2. Deliberations on the Treaty of Lancaster ended on what date?
(a) October 15, 1669.
(b) July 4, 1744.
(c) June 12, 1754.
(d) November 23, 1746.
3. An Onondaga Indian named what delivered several powerful speeches at the Treaty of Lancaster conference?
(b) Joseph Brant.
4. When was Joseph Brant born?
5. Dragging Canoe led Cherokee Indians inclined to fight whom during the American Revolutionary War?
(b) The British.
(d) The French.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joseph Mittark was accused of illegitimately selling the lands of his people to whom?
2. Joseph Brant was a military and political leader in what Native American tribe?
3. Chief Pontiac was a leader of what Native American tribe?
4. A speech was given by what Oneida Indian in Chapter 4, promising to uphold the peace between the tribe and the English, but questioning the English for using Indians to fight their wars for them?
5. On the topic of intertribal wars, a speech by a Cayuga chief named what revealed the extent to which the Europeans succeeded in turning tribes against one another in Chapter 4?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)