|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The earliest physical evidence of smallpox is probably the pustular rash on the mummified body of whom?
(a) Pharaoh Ramses V.
(b) Pharaoh Sekhemib-Perenmaat.
(c) Pharaoh Thutmose III.
(d) King Edward I.
2. After vaccination campaigns throughout the 19th and 20th centuries, the WHO certified the eradication of smallpox in what year?
3. What refers to money or any other valuable consideration given or promised with a view to corrupting the behavior of a person, especially in that person's performance as an athlete or public official?
4. In what year did the Moor's Indian Charity School move to Hanover, New Hampshire?
5. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, red feathers mean what symbolically?
Short Answer Questions
1. John Norton played a prominent role in what conflict, leading Iroquois warriors from Grand River into battle against American invaders?
2. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, a "Great Spirit" punishes his daughter for what by casting her down a great hole in the heavens?
3. What is a person appointed by a national government to conduct official negotiations and maintain political, economic, and social relations with another country or countries?
4. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, Teharonghyawago is given the gift of corn from whom?
5. The first known Europeans to reach the Americas were who during the 11th century?
Short Essay Questions
1. When was the Treaty of Fort Stanwix signed? Who opposed it?
2. Why does the author reason that some Indians turned to Christianity in Chapter 2? What was the result?
3. How did European trade impact the Native American peoples, as discussed in the Introduction?
4. How did smallpox impact the Native American peoples, as discussed in the Introduction?
5. What image of the earth's creation is described in John Norton's creation story in Chapter 1? Who was Norton?
6. What did the Indians refuse to consider in a text from 1793 in Chapter 6?
7. How is the American strategy for dealing with the Indians during the American Revolution described in Chapter 5? What founding fathers are discussed?
8. What story is related in Josiah Jeremy's text from Chapter 1?
9. What does the author assert of the attributes and differences between colonial civilization and Native American civilization in Chapter 1?
10. What tribe is described in Chekilli's creation story from Chapter 1?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)