|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to both the process and product of planning, designing and construction of buildings or structures?
2. Of what tribe was Josiah Jeremy?
(a) The Apache people.
(b) The Cherokee people.
(c) The Apalachicolas.
(d) The Micmac Indians.
3. The earliest physical evidence of smallpox is probably the pustular rash on the mummified body of whom?
(a) Pharaoh Ramses V.
(b) Pharaoh Thutmose III.
(c) King Edward I.
(d) Pharaoh Sekhemib-Perenmaat.
4. The Mohawk Major John Norton was known as what by his people?
5. What refers to money or any other valuable consideration given or promised with a view to corrupting the behavior of a person, especially in that person's performance as an athlete or public official?
Short Answer Questions
1. John Norton played a prominent role in what conflict, leading Iroquois warriors from Grand River into battle against American invaders?
2. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the Kasihtas were attacked by the King of what with a bow and arrow?
3. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, how many tribes did the Kasihtas meet by the mountain?
4. When did John Eliot come to America?
5. Samson Occom is believed to be a direct descendant of what famous Mohegan chief?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tribe did the central tribe follow in Chekilli's creation story from Chapter 1? What moral did the tribe learn?
2. What were "client chiefs" and how were they used in controlling the Indians, according to the author in the Introduction?
3. What does the author assert of the attributes and differences between colonial civilization and Native American civilization in Chapter 1?
4. How did smallpox impact the Native American peoples, as discussed in the Introduction?
5. How did the Native Americans receive the Dutch in John Heckewelder's text in Chapter 1? Why?
6. What ability did Teharonghyawago gain from the spirit world in John Norton's creation story from Chapter 1?
7. What were methods of the Native Americans to bolster their numbers, as discussed in Chapter 2?
8. How did a Micmac Indian compare his people's housing structures versus those of the colonists in a text from Chapter 2?
9. How did European trade impact the Native American peoples, as discussed in the Introduction?
10. How did the differences in literacy between the Indians and colonists affect land deals, as discussed in the Introduction?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)