|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a Christian revitalization movement that swept Protestant Europe and British America, and especially the American colonies in the 1730s and 1740s, leaving a permanent impact on American religion?
(a) The Middle Ages.
(b) The White Awakening.
(c) The Great Awakening.
(d) The Spanish Inquisition.
2. Samsom Occom had problems with what dying on him, leading him into debt?
(d) Corn crops.
3. What was an armed conflict between the Lakota, Northern Cheyenne, and Arapaho and the United States in the Wyoming Territory and the Montana Territory from 1866 to 1868?
(a) The French and Indian War.
(b) Red Cloud's War.
(c) King Philip's War.
(d) The Battle of Red Wing.
4. The text by Josiah Jeremy in Chapter 1 relates a story about the first sighting of what?
(a) A French boat.
(b) A Dutch boat.
(c) An English boat.
(d) An Italian boat.
5. When did John Heckewelder die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term refers to the adoption of a new religious identity?
2. When did Eleazar Wheelock die?
3. Where was John Heckewelder born?
4. What is a person appointed by a national government to conduct official negotiations and maintain political, economic, and social relations with another country or countries?
5. In Chapter 1, an Iroquois creation story provided by John Norton was dated from what year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What great spirit attacks the central tribe in Chekilli's creation story from Chapter 1? How does the tribe overcome the adversity?
2. What essay of Joseph Brant's is included in Chapter 6? What is compared in the essay?
3. What did a Micmac Indian assert of European wealth in a text from Chapter 2?
4. What was the intention behind "Act of Submission"? Who wrote this text from Chapter 3?
5. What did the Native Americans feel about the French and Indian War? What is revealed in a 1758 speech about the war in Chapter 4?
6. What strategy did the Americans use on the Indians following the American Revolution? How did the Indians respond?
7. What image of the earth's creation is described in John Norton's creation story in Chapter 1? Who was Norton?
8. What became of White Eyes and the Delaware Indians in 1782?
9. In what types of structures did the Native Americans reside? What were the attributes of these structures?
10. How does the author describe the Eurocentric view of America's discovery versus the reality of Indian culture in the Introduction?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)