|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the Kasihtas were attacked by the King of what with a bow and arrow?
2. What refers to the establishment, maintenance, acquisition and expansion of colonies in one territory by people from another territory?
3. When was John Eliot born?
4. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the West opened up, and a tribe named the Kasihtas settled near a mountain so great and thunderous they called it what?
(a) The Mountain of Heaven.
(b) The Great Mountain.
(c) The King of Mountains.
(d) The Great Bear.
5. The first known Europeans to reach the Americas were who during the 11th century?
(a) The Vikings.
(b) The Druids.
(c) The Italians.
(d) The Portugese.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the Moor's Indian Charity School move to Hanover, New Hampshire?
2. When was John Norton born?
3. What word refers to the practice of viewing the world from a European perspective and with an implied belief, either consciously or subconsciously, in the preeminence of European culture?
4. In Chapter 1, John Heckewelder relates a "verbatim" account from the Delaware and Mahican Indians of the Dutch landing in an area that is now known as what?
5. What is a person appointed by a national government to conduct official negotiations and maintain political, economic, and social relations with another country or countries?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Minavavana scold the British in his speech in Chapter 4?
2. What text in Chapter 4 describes the motivations of the French to the Iroquois? What is the response to this text?
3. What text of Samson Occom's is included in Chapter 2? Who was Occom?
4. How did the Native Americans receive the Dutch in John Heckewelder's text in Chapter 1? Why?
5. When was the Treaty of Fort Stanwix signed? Who opposed it?
6. How does the author describe the oratory skills of the Native Americans in regard to the stereotype in the Introduction?
7. What tribe did the central tribe follow in Chekilli's creation story from Chapter 1? What moral did the tribe learn?
8. How is the "guardian system" described in Chapter 3? When and where was it enacted?
9. What is discussed in Alexander McGillivray's letter in Chapter 5?
10. How is the American strategy for dealing with the Indians during the American Revolution described in Chapter 5? What founding fathers are discussed?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)