|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Eleazar Wheelock born?
(a) London, England.
(b) Windham, Connecticut.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) Montauk, New York.
2. The text by Josiah Jeremy in Chapter 1 is dated when?
3. The Moor's Indian Charity School moved to Hanover, New Hampshire to become what institution?
(a) Boston College.
(b) Harvard College.
(c) Dartmouth College.
(d) Rutgers College.
4. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the West opened up, and a tribe named the Kasihtas settled near a mountain so great and thunderous they called it what?
(a) The King of Mountains.
(b) The Great Bear.
(c) The Great Mountain.
(d) The Mountain of Heaven.
5. What was founded by some Marian exiles from the clergy shortly after the accession of Elizabeth I of England in 1558?
Short Answer Questions
1. John Norton was born of a Cherokee father and a mother from where?
2. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the Kasihtas killed what great animal by sacrificing an orphan baby to it?
3. John Norton was adopted by the Mohawks, with who as his uncle?
4. When was John Norton born?
5. The Mohawk Major John Norton was known as what by his people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story is related in Josiah Jeremy's text from Chapter 1?
2. What did a Micmac Indian assert of European wealth in a text from Chapter 2?
3. How does the author describe the Eurocentric view of America's discovery versus the reality of Indian culture in the Introduction?
4. What text of Samson Occom's is included in Chapter 2? Who was Occom?
5. In what types of structures did the Native Americans reside? What were the attributes of these structures?
6. How involved were Native Americans in colonial society? What does the author write of their role in shaping America in the Introduction?
7. How is John Eliot described in Chapter 2? What did Eliot achieve amongst the Indians?
8. What tribe is described in Chekilli's creation story from Chapter 1?
9. What image of the earth's creation is described in John Norton's creation story in Chapter 1? Who was Norton?
10. What led Samson Occom to convert to Christianity?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)