|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Mary Jemison captured by the Seneca tribe and taken to western New York?
2. John Norton was adopted by the Mohawks, with who as his uncle?
(b) Joseph Brant.
(c) King Philip.
(d) Alexander McGillivray.
3. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, who kills the daughter of the "Great Spirit" in childbirth by trying to exit the womb from "the side"?
4. Jamestown was a settlement in the Colony of Virginia established by the Virginia Company of London as "James Fort" in what year?
5. When did Samson Occom die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Smallpox is believed to have emerged in human populations about what time?
2. The Mohawk Major John Norton was known as what by his people?
3. The text by Josiah Jeremy in Chapter 1 is dated when?
4. Smallpox probably diverged from an ancestral African rodent-borne variola-like virus between 16,000 and how many years ago?
5. What is a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance?
Short Essay Questions
1. From what tribe was Alexander McGillivray? With what European nation were they allied?
2. Why did Minavavana scold the British in his speech in Chapter 4?
3. What were methods of the Native Americans to bolster their numbers, as discussed in Chapter 2?
4. When was the Treaty of Fort Stanwix signed? Who opposed it?
5. In what text is the Treaty of Fort Pitt discussed in Chapter 5? What did this treaty entail?
6. How were the Cherokee Indians impacted by the American Revolution? What rift took place amongst the tribe?
7. How does the author describe the many land deeds in colonial America in Chapter 3?
8. How is John Eliot described in Chapter 2? What did Eliot achieve amongst the Indians?
9. What led Samson Occom to convert to Christianity?
10. What did a Micmac Indian assert of European wealth in a text from Chapter 2?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)