|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the West opened up, and a tribe named the Kasihtas settled near a mountain so great and thunderous they called it what?
(a) The Mountain of Heaven.
(b) The King of Mountains.
(c) The Great Mountain.
(d) The Great Bear.
2. What was a Christian revitalization movement that swept Protestant Europe and British America, and especially the American colonies in the 1730s and 1740s, leaving a permanent impact on American religion?
(a) The Great Awakening.
(b) The Middle Ages.
(c) The Spanish Inquisition.
(d) The White Awakening.
3. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, who kills the daughter of the "Great Spirit" in childbirth by trying to exit the womb from "the side"?
4. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the Kasihtas proved their seniority among the other tribes by having a great war, and accumulating more what than other tribes?
5. John Eliot emigrated to Boston, Massachusetts, on what ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a domed room dwelling used by certain Native American tribes?
2. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, the daughter of the "Great Spirit" has two children, Teharonghyawago and who?
3. Where was John Eliot born?
4. Where was John Heckewelder born?
5. In Chapter 1, John Heckewelder relates a "verbatim" account from the Delaware and Mahican Indians of the Dutch landing in an area that is now known as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the children of the daughter of the Great Spirit in John Norton's creation story from Chapter 1. Who raised the children?
2. How did a Micmac Indian compare his people's housing structures versus those of the colonists in a text from Chapter 2?
3. What text of Samson Occom's is included in Chapter 2? Who was Occom?
4. What image of the earth's creation is described in John Norton's creation story in Chapter 1? Who was Norton?
5. What school did Reverend Eleazar Wheelock found? What letters regarding the school are included in Chapter 2?
6. What tribe is described in Chekilli's creation story from Chapter 1?
7. How is the American strategy for dealing with the Indians during the American Revolution described in Chapter 5? What founding fathers are discussed?
8. What text included in Chapter 3 relates the account of Penobscot? What does it concern?
9. In what text is the Treaty of Fort Pitt discussed in Chapter 5? What did this treaty entail?
10. Who did the Chickasaw Indians make a speech to in Chapter 4? Why?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)