|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, how many tribes did the Kasihtas meet by the mountain?
2. What term refers to the adoption of a new religious identity?
3. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, Teharonghyawago is given the gift of corn from whom?
(b) The "Great Spirit."
(c) The Great Turtle.
(d) His mother.
4. Samsom Occom began to study theology at the "Lattin School" of Eleazar Wheelock in what year?
5. When did John Heckewelder die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Samson Occom is believed to be a direct descendant of what famous Mohegan chief?
2. What is a domed room dwelling used by certain Native American tribes?
3. What refers to both the process and product of planning, designing and construction of buildings or structures?
4. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, a "Great Spirit" punishes his daughter for what by casting her down a great hole in the heavens?
5. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, an image of the earth is described as sitting on the back of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What great spirit attacks the central tribe in Chekilli's creation story from Chapter 1? How does the tribe overcome the adversity?
2. How did European trade impact the Native American peoples, as discussed in the Introduction?
3. In what ways did the Europeans take advantage of the Native Americans regarding land, as discussed in the Introduction?
4. What does the author suggest the reader keep in mind regarding Indian oratory history and literacy in the Introduction?
5. How did the Native Americans receive the Dutch in John Heckewelder's text in Chapter 1? Why?
6. What did a Micmac Indian assert of European wealth in a text from Chapter 2?
7. How is John Eliot described in Chapter 2? What did Eliot achieve amongst the Indians?
8. What ability did Teharonghyawago gain from the spirit world in John Norton's creation story from Chapter 1?
9. What tribe is described in Chekilli's creation story from Chapter 1?
10. Describe the children of the daughter of the Great Spirit in John Norton's creation story from Chapter 1. Who raised the children?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)