|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, a speech from 1752 was made by an Abenaki Indian named what to a Massachusetts emissary?
2. In what year were 96 Delaware Indians murdered by American militia because the militia believed the Indians were plotting against them?
3. When was Phineas Stevens born?
4. When did the American Revolutionary War begin?
5. In 1778, a chief named what, ceding no land, allowed Americans to cross Delaware country?
(a) White Dove.
(b) Black Lion.
(c) White Eyes.
(d) Black Bear.
6. Colonel William Crawford was tortured and burnt at the stake by American Indians in retaliation for what incident?
(a) The Gnadenhutten massacre.
(b) The Braddock expedition.
(c) The Treaty of Fort Stanwix.
(d) The French and Indian War.
7. The Walking Purchase gave Pennsylvania as much land as a person could walk in how much time?
(a) Two days.
(b) Four days.
(c) A day and a half.
(d) Three and a half days.
8. Joseph Brant had been taught at whose school?
(a) Eleazar Wheelock's.
(b) Jeffery Amherst's.
(c) William Johnson's.
(d) Lord Germain's.
9. When was Dragging Canoe born?
10. Where was Colonel William Crawford born?
(a) New York, New York.
(b) Cambridge, Massachusetts.
(c) Orange County, Virginia.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
11. In what year was the Treaty of Fort Stanwix concluded between the Iroquois and English delegate Sir William Johnson?
12. Dragging Canoe led Cherokee Indians inclined to fight whom during the American Revolutionary War?
(a) The French.
(d) The British.
13. In what year did George Washington order the destruction of around forty Iroquois towns during the Revolutionary War?
14. In the "Act of Submission" printed in Chapter 3, the Native American tribe formally submitted themselves as subjects of what?
(a) The American President.
(b) The English Crown.
(c) The French Crown.
(d) The Spanish Crown.
15. A speech was given by what Oneida Indian in Chapter 4, promising to uphold the peace between the tribe and the English, but questioning the English for using Indians to fight their wars for them?
(c) La Barre.
Short Answer Questions
1. By way of the Walking Purchase, the Penn family and proprietors claimed an area of how many acres in Pennsylvania?
2. Joseph Mittark was the sachem of what tribe?
3. An Onondaga Indian named what delivered several powerful speeches at the Treaty of Lancaster conference?
4. When did Congress issue the United States Declaration of Independence?
5. When was Colonel William Crawford born?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)