|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to the crime of falsely making or altering a writing by which the legal rights or obligations of another person are apparently affected?
2. Deliberations on the Treaty of Lancaster ended on what date?
(a) June 12, 1754.
(b) November 23, 1746.
(c) July 4, 1744.
(d) October 15, 1669.
3. In a speech from 1756, the leaders of a tribe known for their ferocious fights against the French, plead for support in fighting the French from the governor of what state?
(a) South Carolina.
(b) North Carolina.
(c) New York.
4. George Washington became known by what nickname among the Native Americans for ordering the destruction of around forty Iroquois towns during the Revolutionary War?
(a) "Monstrous Destroyer."
(b) "Great Bear."
(c) "Town Destroyer."
(d) "Black Night."
5. The Indian Nonintercourse Act declared that all Indian land deals were invalid unless they occurred with what?
(a) Presidential approval.
(b) Popular vote.
(c) Judicial approval.
(d) Congressional approval.
6. Where was Colonel William Crawford born?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Cambridge, Massachusetts.
(d) Orange County, Virginia.
7. Pontiac's War was launched in what year?
8. The Walking Purchase was a purported agreement from what year?
9. The Indian Nonintercourse Act was passed by the United States Congress beginning in what year?
10. One instance of land abuse was the "guardian system," put in place by Massachusetts in what year?
11. When was Joseph Brant born?
12. Joseph Brant had been taught at whose school?
(a) Jeffery Amherst's.
(b) William Johnson's.
(c) Eleazar Wheelock's.
(d) Lord Germain's.
13. A speech in what year by a Chippewa chief rejected the presumption that the English were simply going to inherit Indian lands gained by the French?
14. Chief Pontiac was born in approximately what year?
15. In Chapter 4, a speech from 1752 was made by an Abenaki Indian named what to a Massachusetts emissary?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Treaty of Lancaster was a treaty concluded between the Six Nations and the colonies of Virginia and what?
2. Joseph Mittark was accused of illegitimately selling the lands of his people to whom?
3. Joseph Brant was a military and political leader in what Native American tribe?
4. The first text in Chapter 4 is from what year, when a governor of New France traveled to Iroquois country to try to bluff his way to making the Iroquois stop trading with the English?
5. When was Phineas Stevens born?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)