|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Dragging Canoe born?
2. The older generation of Cherokee who were resigned to making peace were represented by whom during the American Revolutionary War?
(a) Lord Germain.
(b) Dragging Canoe.
(c) Chief Corn Tassel.
(d) Eleazar Wheelock.
3. In 1778, a chief named what, ceding no land, allowed Americans to cross Delaware country?
(a) Black Lion.
(b) White Dove.
(c) White Eyes.
(d) Black Bear.
4. In what year did the French and Indian War erupt into the world-wide conflict known as the Seven Years' War?
5. The French and Indian War ended in what year?
6. In a speech from 1756, the leaders of a tribe known for their ferocious fights against the French, plead for support in fighting the French from the governor of what state?
(a) North Carolina.
(b) South Carolina.
(d) New York.
7. Who were the Iroquois allied with in the American Revolutionary War?
(a) The Spanish.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The French.
(d) The British.
8. In what year were 96 Delaware Indians murdered by American militia because the militia believed the Indians were plotting against them?
9. Thomas Jefferson was governor of what state when he urged extermination of Shawnees in Ohio?
10. What was the name of the governor of New France who traveled to Iroquois country to try to bluff his way to making the Iroquois stop trading with the English?
(c) La Barre.
(d) La Belle.
11. An Onondaga Indian named what delivered several powerful speeches at the Treaty of Lancaster conference?
(b) Joseph Brant.
12. In what year did the Delaware Indians give a speech stating their belief that the English caused the French and Indian War, as described in Chapter 4?
13. The Treaty of Fort Pitt was signed on what date?
(a) November 12, 1776.
(b) September 17, 1778.
(c) October 12, 1777.
(d) July 4, 1776.
14. Deliberations on the Treaty of Lancaster ended on what date?
(a) November 23, 1746.
(b) June 12, 1754.
(c) July 4, 1744.
(d) October 15, 1669.
15. When did the American Revolutionary War end?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Phineas Stevens born?
2. The Treaty of Lancaster was a treaty concluded between the Six Nations and the colonies of Virginia and what?
3. One instance of land abuse was the "guardian system," put in place by Massachusetts in what year?
4. By what year was it clear the French were defeated by the English, and that Indians allied with the French were soon going to have to deal with the English, according to the author in Chapter 4?
5. Dragging Canoe led Cherokee Indians inclined to fight whom during the American Revolutionary War?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)