|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to the crime of falsely making or altering a writing by which the legal rights or obligations of another person are apparently affected?
2. The Walking Purchase gave Pennsylvania as much land as a person could walk in how much time?
(a) Four days.
(b) A day and a half.
(c) Three and a half days.
(d) Two days.
3. A speech by a Chippewa chief named what rejected the presumption that the English were simply going to inherit Indian lands gained by the French in Chapter 4?
4. Joseph Brant was a military and political leader in what Native American tribe?
5. The Indian Nonintercourse Act was passed by the United States Congress beginning in what year?
6. The French and Indian War ended in what year?
7. In what year did a Delaware chief named John Killbuck make a speech correctly doubting that the white man will be satisfied with the Ohio River boundary?
8. In a speech from 1756, the leaders of what tribe, known for their ferocious fights against the French, plead for support in fighting the French?
(a) The Catawbas.
(b) The Abenaki people.
(c) The Chickasaw Indians.
(d) The Apaches.
9. When did the American Revolutionary War end?
10. When did the American Revolutionary War begin?
11. In 1778, a chief named what, ceding no land, allowed Americans to cross Delaware country?
(a) White Dove.
(b) White Eyes.
(c) Black Lion.
(d) Black Bear.
12. The Indian Nonintercourse Act is the collective name given to how many statutes passed by the United States Congress?
13. The Treaty of Lancaster was a treaty concluded between the Six Nations and the colonies of Virginia and what?
14. Chief Pontiac was a leader of what Native American tribe?
(a) The Ouachita people.
(b) The Apache people.
(c) The Cherokee people.
(d) The Ottawa people.
15. The first text in Chapter 4 is from what year, when a governor of New France traveled to Iroquois country to try to bluff his way to making the Iroquois stop trading with the English?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Dragging Canoe born?
2. In what year were 96 Delaware Indians murdered by American militia because the militia believed the Indians were plotting against them?
3. When was Joseph Brant born?
4. A speech in what year by a Chippewa chief rejected the presumption that the English were simply going to inherit Indian lands gained by the French?
5. When did Colonel William Crawford die?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)