|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joseph Mittark was accused of illegitimately selling the lands of his people to the governor of what state?
(b) New York.
2. Where was Phineas Stevens born?
(a) Cambridge, Massachusetts.
(b) Montauk, New York.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) Sudbury, Massachusetts.
3. In a speech from 1756, the leaders of a tribe known for their ferocious fights against the French, plead for support in fighting the French from the governor of what state?
(a) North Carolina.
(b) New York.
(d) South Carolina.
4. What act among Indian tribes was a crucial part of any diplomatic efforts, as it symbolized friendship and sincerity?
(a) Gift giving.
(b) Sharing tea.
(c) Ritual sacrifice.
(d) Totem sharing.
5. When did Phineas Stevens die?
6. The French and Indian War began in what year?
7. In what year was the Treaty of Fort Stanwix concluded between the Iroquois and English delegate Sir William Johnson?
8. What refers to the crime of falsely making or altering a writing by which the legal rights or obligations of another person are apparently affected?
9. Who were the Iroquois allied with in the American Revolutionary War?
(a) The Spanish.
(b) The British.
(c) The French.
(d) The Americans.
10. Deliberations on the Treaty of Lancaster ended on what date?
(a) June 12, 1754.
(b) October 15, 1669.
(c) November 23, 1746.
(d) July 4, 1744.
11. When was Joseph Brant born?
12. Chief Pontiac was born in approximately what year?
13. Phineas Stevens had been captured by what tribe at a young age and had learned their customs and language?
(a) The Apaches.
(b) The Abenaki people.
(c) The Cherokee.
(d) The Catawbas.
14. What was the name of an Onondaga who gave the governor of New France a speech, essentially calling his bluff, in Chapter 4?
(c) La Barre.
15. When was Colonel William Crawford born?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Treaty of Fort Pitt was signed on what date?
2. In the "Act of Submission" printed in Chapter 3, the Native American tribe formally submitted themselves as subjects of what?
3. The Indian Nonintercourse Act is the collective name given to how many statutes passed by the United States Congress?
4. An Onondaga Indian named what delivered several powerful speeches at the Treaty of Lancaster conference?
5. In what year were 96 Delaware Indians murdered by American militia because the militia believed the Indians were plotting against them?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)