|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Colonel William Crawford was tortured and burnt at the stake by American Indians in retaliation for what incident?
(a) The Treaty of Fort Stanwix.
(b) The Braddock expedition.
(c) The French and Indian War.
(d) The Gnadenhutten massacre.
2. A speech by a Chippewa chief named what rejected the presumption that the English were simply going to inherit Indian lands gained by the French in Chapter 4?
3. Penobscot participated in a land negotiation for an area called what in present-day Maine?
(a) Casco Bay.
(b) Pelican Bay.
(c) Martha's Vineyard.
(d) Crystal Bay.
4. In Chapter 3, Penobscot recounted his part in the negotiations, in which he never stated anything about handing over land but only that he wished for what?
(a) Colonists to leave.
(b) Hostilities to end.
(c) Monetary repayment.
(d) The freedom of slaves.
5. When was Phineas Stevens born?
6. On the topic of intertribal wars, a speech by a Cayuga chief named what revealed the extent to which the Europeans succeeded in turning tribes against one another in Chapter 4?
(b) La Barre.
7. The French and Indian War began in what year?
8. By way of the Walking Purchase, the Penn family and proprietors claimed an area of how many acres in Pennsylvania?
9. In what year did a Delaware chief named John Killbuck make a speech correctly doubting that the white man will be satisfied with the Ohio River boundary?
10. When was Colonel William Crawford born?
11. The first text in Chapter 4 is from what year, when a governor of New France traveled to Iroquois country to try to bluff his way to making the Iroquois stop trading with the English?
12. By what year was it clear the French were defeated by the English, and that Indians allied with the French were soon going to have to deal with the English, according to the author in Chapter 4?
13. In what year did the Delaware Indians give a speech stating their belief that the English caused the French and Indian War, as described in Chapter 4?
14. Joseph Mittark was the sachem of what tribe?
(a) The Cherokee Indians.
(b) The Gay Head Indians.
(c) The Delaware Indians.
(d) The Apache Indians.
15. Pontiac's War was launched in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the Treaty of Fort Stanwix concluded between the Iroquois and English delegate Sir William Johnson?
2. The Treaty of Lancaster was a treaty concluded between the Six Nations and the colonies of Virginia and what?
3. What was the name of an Onondaga who gave the governor of New France a speech, essentially calling his bluff, in Chapter 4?
4. When was Joseph Brant born?
5. Where was Phineas Stevens born?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)