|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joseph Mittark was accused of illegitimately selling the lands of his people to whom?
(a) Thomas Dongan.
(b) Joseph Brant.
(c) John Heckewelder.
(d) John Eliot.
2. When did Colonel William Crawford die?
3. In what year was the Treaty of Fort Stanwix concluded between the Iroquois and English delegate Sir William Johnson?
4. In the first text from Chapter 5, Oneida Indians express their desire to remain neutral in the conflict in a speech to whom?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Jonathan Trumbull.
(d) Joseph Brant.
5. One instance of land abuse was the "guardian system," put in place by Massachusetts in what year?
6. In Chapter 4, a Cayuga chief described what tribe as warlike and treacherous, when in reality they were peace-loving?
(a) The Catawbas.
(b) The Cherokee.
(c) The Apaches.
(d) The Delaware Indians.
7. Phineas Stevens had been captured by what tribe at a young age and had learned their customs and language?
(a) The Cherokee.
(b) The Abenaki people.
(c) The Apaches.
(d) The Catawbas.
8. The Walking Purchase was a purported agreement from what year?
9. In what year did the Delaware Indians give a speech stating their belief that the English caused the French and Indian War, as described in Chapter 4?
10. The Indian Nonintercourse Act is the collective name given to how many statutes passed by the United States Congress?
11. The Indian Nonintercourse Act was passed by the United States Congress beginning in what year?
12. Where was Colonel William Crawford born?
(a) Cambridge, Massachusetts.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Orange County, Virginia.
13. What refers to a writing or document executed under seal and delivered to effect a conveyance, especially of real estate?
14. Pontiac's War was launched in what year?
15. Joseph Brant was a military and political leader in what Native American tribe?
Short Answer Questions
1. Colonel William Crawford was tortured and burnt at the stake by American Indians in retaliation for what incident?
2. A speech was given by what Oneida Indian in Chapter 4, promising to uphold the peace between the tribe and the English, but questioning the English for using Indians to fight their wars for them?
3. When was Joseph Brant born?
4. When was Phineas Stevens born?
5. Penobscot participated in a land negotiation for an area called what in present-day Maine?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)