|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The French and Indian War began in what year?
2. The Indian Nonintercourse Act was passed by the United States Congress beginning in what year?
3. What refers to the crime of falsely making or altering a writing by which the legal rights or obligations of another person are apparently affected?
4. In a speech from 1756, the leaders of a tribe known for their ferocious fights against the French, plead for support in fighting the French from the governor of what state?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) New York.
(d) South Carolina.
5. The Walking Purchase was a purported agreement from what year?
6. In Chapter 4, a Cayuga chief described what tribe as warlike and treacherous, when in reality they were peace-loving?
(a) The Apaches.
(b) The Delaware Indians.
(c) The Cherokee.
(d) The Catawbas.
7. In what year did a Delaware chief named John Killbuck make a speech correctly doubting that the white man will be satisfied with the Ohio River boundary?
8. What refers to a writing or document executed under seal and delivered to effect a conveyance, especially of real estate?
9. Joseph Mittark was accused of illegitimately selling the lands of his people to whom?
(a) Thomas Dongan.
(b) John Heckewelder.
(c) Joseph Brant.
(d) John Eliot.
10. The Indian Nonintercourse Act is the collective name given to how many statutes passed by the United States Congress?
11. What act among Indian tribes was a crucial part of any diplomatic efforts, as it symbolized friendship and sincerity?
(a) Totem sharing.
(b) Gift giving.
(c) Sharing tea.
(d) Ritual sacrifice.
12. In what year did the French and Indian War erupt into the world-wide conflict known as the Seven Years' War?
13. In what year were 96 Delaware Indians murdered by American militia because the militia believed the Indians were plotting against them?
14. Colonel William Crawford was tortured and burnt at the stake by American Indians in retaliation for what incident?
(a) The Braddock expedition.
(b) The Gnadenhutten massacre.
(c) The French and Indian War.
(d) The Treaty of Fort Stanwix.
15. The older generation of Cherokee who were resigned to making peace were represented by whom during the American Revolutionary War?
(a) Dragging Canoe.
(b) Chief Corn Tassel.
(c) Lord Germain.
(d) Eleazar Wheelock.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Treaty of Lancaster was a treaty concluded between the Six Nations and the colonies of Virginia and what?
2. Joseph Mittark was the sachem of what tribe?
3. In Chapter 3, Penobscot recounted his part in the negotiations, in which he never stated anything about handing over land but only that he wished for what?
4. Deliberations on the Treaty of Lancaster ended on what date?
5. By way of the Walking Purchase, the Penn family and proprietors claimed an area of how many acres in Pennsylvania?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)