|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the topic of intertribal wars, a speech by a Cayuga chief named what revealed the extent to which the Europeans succeeded in turning tribes against one another in Chapter 4?
(c) La Barre.
2. In a speech from 1756, the leaders of a tribe known for their ferocious fights against the French, plead for support in fighting the French from the governor of what state?
(a) South Carolina.
(b) North Carolina.
(c) New York.
3. The first text reprinted in Chapter 3 is a "Act of Submission" written by what tribe?
(a) The Cherokee Indians.
(b) The Narrangansett Indians.
(c) The Apache Indians.
(d) The Mohawk Indians.
4. What refers to the crime of falsely making or altering a writing by which the legal rights or obligations of another person are apparently affected?
5. When did Phineas Stevens die?
6. George Washington became known by what nickname among the Native Americans for ordering the destruction of around forty Iroquois towns during the Revolutionary War?
(a) "Town Destroyer."
(b) "Monstrous Destroyer."
(c) "Black Night."
(d) "Great Bear."
7. One instance of land abuse was the "guardian system," put in place by Massachusetts in what year?
8. Pontiac's War was launched in what year?
9. What was the name of an Onondaga who gave the governor of New France a speech, essentially calling his bluff, in Chapter 4?
(c) La Barre.
10. In what year did the French and Indian War erupt into the world-wide conflict known as the Seven Years' War?
11. The Treaty of Fort Pitt was signed on what date?
(a) November 12, 1776.
(b) July 4, 1776.
(c) September 17, 1778.
(d) October 12, 1777.
12. In a speech from 1756, the leaders of what tribe, known for their ferocious fights against the French, plead for support in fighting the French?
(a) The Catawbas.
(b) The Chickasaw Indians.
(c) The Abenaki people.
(d) The Apaches.
13. A speech by a Chippewa chief named what rejected the presumption that the English were simply going to inherit Indian lands gained by the French in Chapter 4?
14. Penobscot participated in a land negotiation for an area called what in present-day Maine?
(a) Martha's Vineyard.
(b) Casco Bay.
(c) Crystal Bay.
(d) Pelican Bay.
15. The Walking Purchase was a purported agreement from what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the Treaty of Fort Stanwix concluded between the Iroquois and English delegate Sir William Johnson?
2. Joseph Brant was a military and political leader in what Native American tribe?
3. The Indian Nonintercourse Act declared that all Indian land deals were invalid unless they occurred with what?
4. What refers to a writing or document executed under seal and delivered to effect a conveyance, especially of real estate?
5. The French and Indian War ended in what year?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)