|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Deliberations on the Treaty of Lancaster ended on what date?
(a) October 15, 1669.
(b) July 4, 1744.
(c) November 23, 1746.
(d) June 12, 1754.
2. In the first text from Chapter 5, Oneida Indians express their desire to remain neutral in the conflict in a speech to whom?
(a) Joseph Brant.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) Jonathan Trumbull.
(d) George Washington.
3. Chief Pontiac was born in approximately what year?
4. Joseph Brant was a military and political leader in what Native American tribe?
5. In a speech from 1756, the leaders of what tribe, known for their ferocious fights against the French, plead for support in fighting the French?
(a) The Catawbas.
(b) The Abenaki people.
(c) The Chickasaw Indians.
(d) The Apaches.
6. What was the name of an Onondaga who gave the governor of New France a speech, essentially calling his bluff, in Chapter 4?
(b) La Barre.
7. By way of the Walking Purchase, the Penn family and proprietors claimed an area of how many acres in Pennsylvania?
8. In Chapter 4, a speech from 1752 was made by an Abenaki Indian named what to a Massachusetts emissary?
9. The Indian Nonintercourse Act declared that all Indian land deals were invalid unless they occurred with what?
(a) Congressional approval.
(b) Popular vote.
(c) Judicial approval.
(d) Presidential approval.
10. In what year did the French and Indian War erupt into the world-wide conflict known as the Seven Years' War?
11. In the first text from Chapter 5, Oneida Indians express their desire to remain neutral in the conflict in a speech to the governor of what state?
12. In 2004, the Delaware Nation filed suit against Pennsylvania in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, seeking how many acres included in the Walking Purchase?
13. A speech by a Chippewa chief named what rejected the presumption that the English were simply going to inherit Indian lands gained by the French in Chapter 4?
14. The French and Indian War began in what year?
15. The Indian Nonintercourse Act was passed by the United States Congress beginning in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Delaware Indians strenuously denied the accuracy of the treaty called the Treaty of Fort Pitt in a letter to what American Indian agent in Chapter 5?
2. When was Joseph Brant born?
3. Joseph Mittark was accused of illegitimately selling the lands of his people to the governor of what state?
4. When did Colonel William Crawford die?
5. In a speech from 1756, the leaders of a tribe known for their ferocious fights against the French, plead for support in fighting the French from the governor of what state?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)