|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pontiac's War was launched in what year?
2. A speech in what year by a Chippewa chief rejected the presumption that the English were simply going to inherit Indian lands gained by the French?
3. One instance of land abuse was the "guardian system," put in place by Massachusetts in what year?
4. Joseph Mittark was the sachem of what tribe?
(a) The Cherokee Indians.
(b) The Delaware Indians.
(c) The Apache Indians.
(d) The Gay Head Indians.
5. In what year did the French and Indian War erupt into the world-wide conflict known as the Seven Years' War?
6. In what year did a Delaware chief named John Killbuck make a speech correctly doubting that the white man will be satisfied with the Ohio River boundary?
7. The Indian Nonintercourse Act was passed by the United States Congress beginning in what year?
8. When did Congress issue the United States Declaration of Independence?
(a) July 14, 1776.
(b) June 14, 1777.
(c) October 1, 1774.
(d) July 4, 1776.
9. When did the American Revolutionary War begin?
10. The Treaty of Fort Pitt was signed on what date?
(a) July 4, 1776.
(b) September 17, 1778.
(c) November 12, 1776.
(d) October 12, 1777.
11. In the first text from Chapter 5, Oneida Indians express their desire to remain neutral in the conflict in a speech to whom?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Joseph Brant.
(d) Jonathan Trumbull.
12. In what year did George Washington order the destruction of around forty Iroquois towns during the Revolutionary War?
13. The older generation of Cherokee who were resigned to making peace were represented by whom during the American Revolutionary War?
(a) Eleazar Wheelock.
(b) Chief Corn Tassel.
(c) Lord Germain.
(d) Dragging Canoe.
14. Where was Colonel William Crawford born?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Cambridge, Massachusetts.
(d) Orange County, Virginia.
15. When did Colonel William Crawford die?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the "Act of Submission" printed in Chapter 3, the Native American tribe formally submitted themselves as subjects of what?
2. When was Phineas Stevens born?
3. Joseph Brant had been taught at whose school?
4. George Washington became known by what nickname among the Native Americans for ordering the destruction of around forty Iroquois towns during the Revolutionary War?
5. Penobscot participated in a land negotiation for an area called what in present-day Maine?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)