|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first text reprinted in Chapter 3 is a "Act of Submission" written by what tribe?
(a) The Apache Indians.
(b) The Narrangansett Indians.
(c) The Mohawk Indians.
(d) The Cherokee Indians.
2. A speech was given by what Oneida Indian in Chapter 4, promising to uphold the peace between the tribe and the English, but questioning the English for using Indians to fight their wars for them?
(b) La Barre.
3. What refers to the crime of falsely making or altering a writing by which the legal rights or obligations of another person are apparently affected?
4. Phineas Stevens had been captured by what tribe at a young age and had learned their customs and language?
(a) The Abenaki people.
(b) The Catawbas.
(c) The Apaches.
(d) The Cherokee.
5. When did Congress issue the United States Declaration of Independence?
(a) June 14, 1777.
(b) July 4, 1776.
(c) July 14, 1776.
(d) October 1, 1774.
6. In 1778, a chief named what, ceding no land, allowed Americans to cross Delaware country?
(a) Black Lion.
(b) Black Bear.
(c) White Dove.
(d) White Eyes.
7. In an address to whom in Chapter 5 does Joseph Brant reiterate support for Great Britain?
(a) Jeffery Amherst.
(b) William Johnson.
(c) Lord Germain.
(d) Eleazar Wheelock.
8. The first text in Chapter 4 is from what year, when a governor of New France traveled to Iroquois country to try to bluff his way to making the Iroquois stop trading with the English?
9. In what year did the Delaware Indians give a speech stating their belief that the English caused the French and Indian War, as described in Chapter 4?
10. Joseph Brant was a military and political leader in what Native American tribe?
11. When was Joseph Brant born?
12. Joseph Brant had been taught at whose school?
(a) Lord Germain's.
(b) Jeffery Amherst's.
(c) William Johnson's.
(d) Eleazar Wheelock's.
13. In what year did the French and Indian War erupt into the world-wide conflict known as the Seven Years' War?
14. In the first text from Chapter 5, Oneida Indians express their desire to remain neutral in the conflict in a speech to the governor of what state?
15. A speech by a Chippewa chief named what rejected the presumption that the English were simply going to inherit Indian lands gained by the French in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dragging Canoe led Cherokee Indians inclined to fight whom during the American Revolutionary War?
2. In what year did a Delaware chief named John Killbuck make a speech correctly doubting that the white man will be satisfied with the Ohio River boundary?
3. The French and Indian War ended in what year?
4. When did Phineas Stevens die?
5. Delaware Indians strenuously denied the accuracy of the treaty called the Treaty of Fort Pitt in a letter to what American Indian agent in Chapter 5?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)