|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chief Pontiac was a leader of what Native American tribe?
(a) The Cherokee people.
(b) The Ouachita people.
(c) The Apache people.
(d) The Ottawa people.
2. Chief Pontiac was born in approximately what year?
3. Where was Phineas Stevens born?
(a) Montauk, New York.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) Cambridge, Massachusetts.
(d) Sudbury, Massachusetts.
4. In the first text from Chapter 5, Oneida Indians express their desire to remain neutral in the conflict in a speech to whom?
(a) Jonathan Trumbull.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) Joseph Brant.
(d) George Washington.
5. In Chapter 4, a speech from 1752 was made by an Abenaki Indian named what to a Massachusetts emissary?
6. The French and Indian War ended in what year?
7. When did Phineas Stevens die?
8. The first text reprinted in Chapter 3 is a "Act of Submission" written by what tribe?
(a) The Cherokee Indians.
(b) The Narrangansett Indians.
(c) The Apache Indians.
(d) The Mohawk Indians.
9. George Washington became known by what nickname among the Native Americans for ordering the destruction of around forty Iroquois towns during the Revolutionary War?
(a) "Great Bear."
(b) "Monstrous Destroyer."
(c) "Town Destroyer."
(d) "Black Night."
10. When was Joseph Brant born?
11. In what year was the Treaty of Fort Stanwix concluded between the Iroquois and English delegate Sir William Johnson?
12. When was Dragging Canoe born?
13. In Chapter 3, Penobscot recounted his part in the negotiations, in which he never stated anything about handing over land but only that he wished for what?
(a) Colonists to leave.
(b) Hostilities to end.
(c) The freedom of slaves.
(d) Monetary repayment.
14. What act among Indian tribes was a crucial part of any diplomatic efforts, as it symbolized friendship and sincerity?
(a) Sharing tea.
(b) Ritual sacrifice.
(c) Gift giving.
(d) Totem sharing.
15. When did Colonel William Crawford die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Delaware Indians strenuously denied the accuracy of the treaty called the Treaty of Fort Pitt in a letter to what American Indian agent in Chapter 5?
2. When did the American Revolutionary War begin?
3. Thomas Jefferson was governor of what state when he urged extermination of Shawnees in Ohio?
4. In what year did a Delaware chief named John Killbuck make a speech correctly doubting that the white man will be satisfied with the Ohio River boundary?
5. Penobscot participated in a land negotiation for an area called what in present-day Maine?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)