|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Joseph Brant born?
2. Phineas Stevens had been captured by what tribe at a young age and had learned their customs and language?
(a) The Catawbas.
(b) The Abenaki people.
(c) The Apaches.
(d) The Cherokee.
3. What refers to a writing or document executed under seal and delivered to effect a conveyance, especially of real estate?
4. In the "Act of Submission" printed in Chapter 3, the Native American tribe formally submitted themselves as subjects of what?
(a) The American President.
(b) The English Crown.
(c) The Spanish Crown.
(d) The French Crown.
5. Deliberations on the Treaty of Lancaster ended on what date?
(a) November 23, 1746.
(b) October 15, 1669.
(c) June 12, 1754.
(d) July 4, 1744.
6. When was Phineas Stevens born?
7. Joseph Brant had been taught at whose school?
(a) William Johnson's.
(b) Eleazar Wheelock's.
(c) Lord Germain's.
(d) Jeffery Amherst's.
8. One instance of land abuse was the "guardian system," put in place by Massachusetts in what year?
9. What refers to the crime of falsely making or altering a writing by which the legal rights or obligations of another person are apparently affected?
10. The Indian Nonintercourse Act declared that all Indian land deals were invalid unless they occurred with what?
(a) Presidential approval.
(b) Popular vote.
(c) Judicial approval.
(d) Congressional approval.
11. Colonel William Crawford was tortured and burnt at the stake by American Indians in retaliation for what incident?
(a) The French and Indian War.
(b) The Treaty of Fort Stanwix.
(c) The Braddock expedition.
(d) The Gnadenhutten massacre.
12. Chief Pontiac was a leader of what Native American tribe?
(a) The Cherokee people.
(b) The Apache people.
(c) The Ottawa people.
(d) The Ouachita people.
13. When was Dragging Canoe born?
14. The Walking Purchase was a purported agreement from what year?
15. George Washington became known by what nickname among the Native Americans for ordering the destruction of around forty Iroquois towns during the Revolutionary War?
(a) "Great Bear."
(b) "Black Night."
(c) "Town Destroyer."
(d) "Monstrous Destroyer."
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year were 96 Delaware Indians murdered by American militia because the militia believed the Indians were plotting against them?
2. The Walking Purchase was a purported agreement between the Penn family and what native tribe?
3. In 2004, the Delaware Nation filed suit against Pennsylvania in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, seeking how many acres included in the Walking Purchase?
4. In an address to whom in Chapter 5 does Joseph Brant reiterate support for Great Britain?
5. When did Phineas Stevens die?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)