Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joseph Mittark was accused of illegitimately selling the lands of his people to the governor of what state?
(b) New York.
2. In the first text from Chapter 5, Oneida Indians express their desire to remain neutral in the conflict in a speech to the governor of what state?
3. What was the name of an Onondaga who gave the governor of New France a speech, essentially calling his bluff, in Chapter 4?
(b) La Barre.
4. On the topic of intertribal wars, a speech by a Cayuga chief named what revealed the extent to which the Europeans succeeded in turning tribes against one another in Chapter 4?
(b) La Barre.
5. A speech in what year by a Chippewa chief rejected the presumption that the English were simply going to inherit Indian lands gained by the French?
6. The first text reprinted in Chapter 3 is a "Act of Submission" from what year?by the Narrangansett Indians
7. Joseph Mittark was accused of illegitimately selling the lands of his people to whom?
(a) Joseph Brant.
(b) John Eliot.
(c) Thomas Dongan.
(d) John Heckewelder.
8. Who were the Iroquois allied with in the American Revolutionary War?
(a) The British.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Spanish.
(d) The French.
9. In 2004, the Delaware Nation filed suit against Pennsylvania in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, seeking how many acres included in the Walking Purchase?
10. In what year did the French and Indian War erupt into the world-wide conflict known as the Seven Years' War?
11. The Treaty of Fort Pitt was signed on what date?
(a) July 4, 1776.
(b) November 12, 1776.
(c) October 12, 1777.
(d) September 17, 1778.
12. Thomas Jefferson was governor of what state when he urged extermination of Shawnees in Ohio?
13. Joseph Brant was a military and political leader in what Native American tribe?
14. In what year did George Washington order the destruction of around forty Iroquois towns during the Revolutionary War?
15. Pontiac's War was launched in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What act among Indian tribes was a crucial part of any diplomatic efforts, as it symbolized friendship and sincerity?
2. Delaware Indians strenuously denied the accuracy of the treaty called the Treaty of Fort Pitt in a letter to what American Indian agent in Chapter 5?
3. In the "Act of Submission" printed in Chapter 3, the Native American tribe formally submitted themselves as subjects of what?
4. When did the American Revolutionary War begin?
5. The Walking Purchase was a purported agreement from what year?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)