|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Congress issue the United States Declaration of Independence?
(a) October 1, 1774.
(b) July 14, 1776.
(c) June 14, 1777.
(d) July 4, 1776.
2. Chief Pontiac was a leader of what Native American tribe?
(a) The Cherokee people.
(b) The Ottawa people.
(c) The Apache people.
(d) The Ouachita people.
3. The older generation of Cherokee who were resigned to making peace were represented by whom during the American Revolutionary War?
(a) Eleazar Wheelock.
(b) Lord Germain.
(c) Dragging Canoe.
(d) Chief Corn Tassel.
4. What refers to the crime of falsely making or altering a writing by which the legal rights or obligations of another person are apparently affected?
5. When was Dragging Canoe born?
6. When did Colonel William Crawford die?
7. Joseph Brant was a military and political leader in what Native American tribe?
8. Pontiac's War was launched in what year?
9. In 1778, a chief named what, ceding no land, allowed Americans to cross Delaware country?
(a) Black Bear.
(b) White Dove.
(c) White Eyes.
(d) Black Lion.
10. The Walking Purchase was a purported agreement from what year?
11. A speech in what year by a Chippewa chief rejected the presumption that the English were simply going to inherit Indian lands gained by the French?
12. The first text in Chapter 4 is from what year, when a governor of New France traveled to Iroquois country to try to bluff his way to making the Iroquois stop trading with the English?
13. Joseph Mittark was the sachem of what tribe?
(a) The Apache Indians.
(b) The Delaware Indians.
(c) The Cherokee Indians.
(d) The Gay Head Indians.
14. Phineas Stevens had been captured by what tribe at a young age and had learned their customs and language?
(a) The Catawbas.
(b) The Apaches.
(c) The Cherokee.
(d) The Abenaki people.
15. In what year did a Delaware chief named John Killbuck make a speech correctly doubting that the white man will be satisfied with the Ohio River boundary?
Short Answer Questions
1. The French and Indian War ended in what year?
2. A speech was given by what Oneida Indian in Chapter 4, promising to uphold the peace between the tribe and the English, but questioning the English for using Indians to fight their wars for them?
3. Delaware Indians strenuously denied the accuracy of the treaty called the Treaty of Fort Pitt in a letter to what American Indian agent in Chapter 5?
4. An Onondaga Indian named what delivered several powerful speeches at the Treaty of Lancaster conference?
5. Who were the Iroquois allied with in the American Revolutionary War?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)