|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did John Eliot die?
2. In Chapter 1, John Heckewelder relates a "verbatim" account from the Delaware and Mahican Indians of the Dutch landing in an area that is now known as what?
(a) Manhattan, New York.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) Queens, New York.
(d) Cape May, Massachusetts.
3. In what year did the Moor's Indian Charity School move to Hanover, New Hampshire?
4. What is a domed room dwelling used by certain Native American tribes?
5. When did Eleazar Wheelock die?
6. What refers to a person sent by a church into an area to carry on evangelism or other activities?
7. Smallpox is believed to have emerged in human populations about what time?
(a) 10,000 B.C.
(b) 5,000 B.C.
(c) 15,000 B.C.
(d) 1,000 B.C.
8. When was Samson Occom born?
9. Where was John Eliot born?
(a) London, England.
(b) Dublin, Ireland.
(c) Ross, Scotland.
(d) Hertfordshire, England.
10. Samsom Occom had problems with what dying on him, leading him into debt?
(d) Corn crops.
11. What term means having a vocabulary composed primarily of short, simple words?
12. John Eliot wrote a series of fictional "dialogues" such as one which is reprinted in Chapter 2 describing a converted Indian named what who returns to his native village?
(d) Joseph Brant.
13. John Norton was adopted by the Mohawks, with who as his uncle?
(a) King Philip.
(b) Joseph Brant.
(c) Alexander McGillivray.
14. John Eliot emigrated to Boston, Massachusetts, on what ship?
15. What was founded by some Marian exiles from the clergy shortly after the accession of Elizabeth I of England in 1558?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, Teharonghyawago grows up how?
2. The text by Josiah Jeremy in Chapter 1 relates a story about the first sighting of what?
3. When was John Heckewelder born?
4. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, Tawiskaron proves to be a great what?
5. The Moor's Indian Charity School moved to Hanover, New Hampshire to become what institution?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)