|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After vaccination campaigns throughout the 19th and 20th centuries, the WHO certified the eradication of smallpox in what year?
2. The Mohawk Major John Norton was known as what by his people?
3. When did Samson Occom die?
4. Smallpox was responsible for how many estimated deaths during the 20th century?
(a) 100-300 million.
(b) 100-200 million.
(c) 600-800 million.
(d) 300-500 million.
5. What means to compel by force, intimidation, or authority, especially without regard for individual desire or volition?
6. John Norton was born of a Cherokee father and a mother from where?
7. What refers to the establishment, maintenance, acquisition and expansion of colonies in one territory by people from another territory?
8. What dealt a terrible blow to many Indian tribes, leading to further dependence on European goods and foolish land deals?
(a) Caffeine addiction.
(b) Opium addiction.
(d) Marijuana addiction.
9. The text by Josiah Jeremy in Chapter 1 is dated when?
10. In Chapter 1, an Iroquois creation story provided by John Norton was dated from what year?
11. When was Samson Occom born?
12. Eleazar Wheelock founded the Moor's Indian Charity School in what year?
13. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, white feathers mean what symbolically?
14. What word refers to the practice of viewing the world from a European perspective and with an implied belief, either consciously or subconsciously, in the preeminence of European culture?
15. What was an armed conflict between the Lakota, Northern Cheyenne, and Arapaho and the United States in the Wyoming Territory and the Montana Territory from 1866 to 1868?
(a) King Philip's War.
(b) Red Cloud's War.
(c) The Battle of Red Wing.
(d) The French and Indian War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what tribe was Josiah Jeremy?
2. What is a person appointed by a national government to conduct official negotiations and maintain political, economic, and social relations with another country or countries?
3. What is a domed room dwelling used by certain Native American tribes?
4. What refers to both the process and product of planning, designing and construction of buildings or structures?
5. What refers to the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)