|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Samson Occom die?
2. When was Mary Jemison captured by the Seneca tribe and taken to western New York?
3. Samsom Occom had problems with what dying on him, leading him into debt?
(c) Corn crops.
4. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the West opened up, and a tribe named the Kasihtas settled near a mountain so great and thunderous they called it what?
(a) The Great Mountain.
(b) The King of Mountains.
(c) The Great Bear.
(d) The Mountain of Heaven.
5. Where was Eleazar Wheelock born?
(a) Windham, Connecticut.
(b) London, England.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) Montauk, New York.
6. When did John Eliot come to America?
7. When did John Eliot die?
8. What was founded by some Marian exiles from the clergy shortly after the accession of Elizabeth I of England in 1558?
9. At what age was Samsom Occom first exposed to the teachings of Christian evangelical preachers?
10. Where was John Eliot born?
(a) Ross, Scotland.
(b) Hertfordshire, England.
(c) Dublin, Ireland.
(d) London, England.
11. What term refers to the adoption of a new religious identity?
12. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, the daughter of the "Great Spirit" has two children, Teharonghyawago and who?
13. What word did the Delaware and Mahican Indians use for "Supreme Being"?
14. After vaccination campaigns throughout the 19th and 20th centuries, the WHO certified the eradication of smallpox in what year?
15. Where did Samsom Occom settle, set up a school, marry, attend to the sick and to burials, and perform other priestly duties?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) Salem, Massachusetts.
(c) Montauk, New York.
(d) Windham, Connecticut.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, John Heckewelder relates a "verbatim" account from the Delaware and Mahican Indians of the Dutch landing in an area that is now known as what?
2. When was John Eliot born?
3. John Norton played a prominent role in what conflict, leading Iroquois warriors from Grand River into battle against American invaders?
4. What refers to money or any other valuable consideration given or promised with a view to corrupting the behavior of a person, especially in that person's performance as an athlete or public official?
5. John Norton was adopted by the Mohawks, with who as his uncle?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)