|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jamestown was a settlement in the Colony of Virginia established by the Virginia Company of London as "James Fort" in what year?
2. Smallpox probably diverged from an ancestral African rodent-borne variola-like virus between 16,000 and how many years ago?
3. The Arauco War was a conflict between colonial Spaniards and who?
(a) The Apache people.
(b) The Iriquois people.
(c) The Mapuche people.
(d) The Aztec people.
4. What is the most severe and common form of smallpox, with a more extensive rash and higher fever?
(a) Variola incubus.
(b) Variola sine eruptione.
(c) Variola minor.
(d) Variola major.
5. What is defined as the science of artificial application of water to the land or soil?
6. When did John Heckewelder die?
7. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the Kasihtas proved their seniority among the other tribes by having a great war, and accumulating more what than other tribes?
8. The Mohawk Major John Norton was known as what by his people?
9. Where was Eleazar Wheelock born?
(a) Montauk, New York.
(b) London, England.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) Windham, Connecticut.
10. According to the author in Chapter 2, in addition to intermarriage, some tribes sought to bolster their numbers by what means?
(a) Selling children.
(b) Converting to Christianity.
(c) Converting other tribes.
(d) Capturing Europeans.
11. What was an armed conflict between the Lakota, Northern Cheyenne, and Arapaho and the United States in the Wyoming Territory and the Montana Territory from 1866 to 1868?
(a) The Battle of Red Wing.
(b) Red Cloud's War.
(c) The French and Indian War.
(d) King Philip's War.
12. What was founded by some Marian exiles from the clergy shortly after the accession of Elizabeth I of England in 1558?
13. What refers to a person sent by a church into an area to carry on evangelism or other activities?
14. What is a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance?
15. The Moor's Indian Charity School moved to Hanover, New Hampshire to become what institution?
(a) Dartmouth College.
(b) Harvard College.
(c) Rutgers College.
(d) Boston College.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word did the Delaware and Mahican Indians use for "Supreme Being"?
2. John Eliot emigrated to Boston, Massachusetts, on what ship?
3. Eleazar Wheelock founded the Moor's Indian Charity School in what year?
4. When was John Eliot born?
5. Where was John Eliot born?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)