|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, white feathers mean what symbolically?
2. Samson Occom is believed to be a direct descendant of what famous Mohegan chief?
(d) Joseph Brant.
3. When did John Eliot come to America?
4. The Arauco War was a conflict between colonial Spaniards and who?
(a) The Mapuche people.
(b) The Apache people.
(c) The Iriquois people.
(d) The Aztec people.
5. Smallpox was responsible for how many estimated deaths during the 20th century?
(a) 600-800 million.
(b) 100-200 million.
(c) 100-300 million.
(d) 300-500 million.
6. The earliest physical evidence of smallpox is probably the pustular rash on the mummified body of whom?
(a) King Edward I.
(b) Pharaoh Ramses V.
(c) Pharaoh Sekhemib-Perenmaat.
(d) Pharaoh Thutmose III.
7. Smallpox is believed to have emerged in human populations about what time?
(a) 5,000 B.C.
(b) 15,000 B.C.
(c) 1,000 B.C.
(d) 10,000 B.C.
8. Some estimates indicate case fatality rates of what percentage in Native American populations during smallpox epidemics?
9. The text by Josiah Jeremy in Chapter 1 is dated when?
10. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, the daughter of the "Great Spirit" has two children, Teharonghyawago and who?
11. Where was John Eliot born?
(a) Hertfordshire, England.
(b) Ross, Scotland.
(c) London, England.
(d) Dublin, Ireland.
12. What was founded by some Marian exiles from the clergy shortly after the accession of Elizabeth I of England in 1558?
13. What term means having a vocabulary composed primarily of short, simple words?
14. Smallpox killed what estimated number of Europeans per year during the closing years of the 18th century?
15. When was John Eliot born?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, Teharonghyawago is given the gift of corn from whom?
2. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, how many tribes did the Kasihtas meet by the mountain?
3. What is a person appointed by a national government to conduct official negotiations and maintain political, economic, and social relations with another country or countries?
4. The Chichimeca War was a military conflict waged between Spanish colonizers against a confederation of Chichimeca Indians during what years?
5. What did the French call children of European and Indian parentage?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)