|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, red feathers mean what symbolically?
2. What term refers to the adoption of a new religious identity?
3. After vaccination campaigns throughout the 19th and 20th centuries, the WHO certified the eradication of smallpox in what year?
4. When was John Eliot born?
5. When did John Eliot die?
6. What is a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance?
7. When was John Norton born?
(a) Early 1760s.
(b) Early 1800s.
(c) Late 1770s.
(d) Early 1750s.
8. Smallpox was responsible for how many estimated deaths during the 20th century?
(a) 100-200 million.
(b) 100-300 million.
(c) 300-500 million.
(d) 600-800 million.
9. Where was Eleazar Wheelock born?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) Windham, Connecticut.
(c) Montauk, New York.
(d) London, England.
10. What is defined as a sacred narrative explaining how the world and humankind came to be in their present form?
11. When did Samson Occom die?
12. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, who kills the daughter of the "Great Spirit" in childbirth by trying to exit the womb from "the side"?
13. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the Kasihtas proved their seniority among the other tribes by having a great war, and accumulating more what than other tribes?
14. John Norton was born of a Cherokee father and a mother from where?
15. Of what tribe was Josiah Jeremy?
(a) The Apache people.
(b) The Apalachicolas.
(c) The Cherokee people.
(d) The Micmac Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, an Iroquois creation story provided by John Norton was dated from what year?
2. The Moor's Indian Charity School moved to Hanover, New Hampshire to become what institution?
3. When did John Eliot come to America?
4. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, an image of the earth is described as sitting on the back of what?
5. In Chapter 1, John Heckewelder relates a "verbatim" account from the Delaware and Mahican Indians of the Dutch landing in an area that is now known as what?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)