|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Samson Occom born?
2. John Norton played a prominent role in what conflict, leading Iroquois warriors from Grand River into battle against American invaders?
(a) King Philip's War.
(b) The War of 1812.
(c) The French and Indian War.
(d) Red Cloud's War.
3. The earliest physical evidence of smallpox is probably the pustular rash on the mummified body of whom?
(a) Pharaoh Ramses V.
(b) Pharaoh Thutmose III.
(c) Pharaoh Sekhemib-Perenmaat.
(d) King Edward I.
4. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, white feathers mean what symbolically?
5. What is defined as a sacred narrative explaining how the world and humankind came to be in their present form?
6. What refers to human history in the period before recorded events, known mainly through archaeological discoveries, study, research, etc.?
7. Where was John Heckewelder born?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) Bedford, England.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) London, England.
8. John Norton was born of a Cherokee father and a mother from where?
9. At what age was Samsom Occom first exposed to the teachings of Christian evangelical preachers?
10. When did Samson Occom die?
11. The Moor's Indian Charity School moved to Hanover, New Hampshire to become what institution?
(a) Harvard College.
(b) Rutgers College.
(c) Boston College.
(d) Dartmouth College.
12. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, an image of the earth is described as sitting on the back of what?
(a) A Great Buffalo.
(b) A Great Bear.
(c) A Great Fox.
(d) A Great Turtle.
13. What did the French call children of European and Indian parentage?
14. When did John Eliot die?
15. When was Mary Jemison captured by the Seneca tribe and taken to western New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the establishment, maintenance, acquisition and expansion of colonies in one territory by people from another territory?
2. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, Teharonghyawago is given the gift of corn from whom?
3. What word refers to the practice of viewing the world from a European perspective and with an implied belief, either consciously or subconsciously, in the preeminence of European culture?
4. What is defined as the science of artificial application of water to the land or soil?
5. Of what tribe was Josiah Jeremy?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)