|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is defined as a sacred narrative explaining how the world and humankind came to be in their present form?
2. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the Kasihtas were attacked by the King of what with a bow and arrow?
3. What dealt a terrible blow to many Indian tribes, leading to further dependence on European goods and foolish land deals?
(a) Opium addiction.
(c) Caffeine addiction.
(d) Marijuana addiction.
4. Smallpox probably diverged from an ancestral African rodent-borne variola-like virus between 16,000 and how many years ago?
5. Samsom Occom began to study theology at the "Lattin School" of Eleazar Wheelock in what year?
6. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, Teharonghyawago grows up how?
(a) Alone and unloved.
(b) Rich and powerful.
(c) Adored and spoiled.
(d) Peacefully and happily.
7. Samsom Occom had problems with what dying on him, leading him into debt?
(b) Corn crops.
8. What refers to both the process and product of planning, designing and construction of buildings or structures?
9. What means to compel by force, intimidation, or authority, especially without regard for individual desire or volition?
10. What was a Christian revitalization movement that swept Protestant Europe and British America, and especially the American colonies in the 1730s and 1740s, leaving a permanent impact on American religion?
(a) The White Awakening.
(b) The Spanish Inquisition.
(c) The Great Awakening.
(d) The Middle Ages.
11. John Norton was adopted by the Mohawks, with who as his uncle?
(b) King Philip.
(c) Alexander McGillivray.
(d) Joseph Brant.
12. The earliest physical evidence of smallpox is probably the pustular rash on the mummified body of whom?
(a) Pharaoh Sekhemib-Perenmaat.
(b) Pharaoh Ramses V.
(c) Pharaoh Thutmose III.
(d) King Edward I.
13. What did the French call children of European and Indian parentage?
14. At what age was Samsom Occom first exposed to the teachings of Christian evangelical preachers?
15. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, red feathers mean what symbolically?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the Kasihtas followed a tribe called what for many years over different kinds of terrain?
2. What was founded by some Marian exiles from the clergy shortly after the accession of Elizabeth I of England in 1558?
3. The Moor's Indian Charity School moved to Hanover, New Hampshire to become what institution?
4. Where was Eleazar Wheelock born?
5. Some estimates indicate case fatality rates of what percentage in Native American populations during smallpox epidemics?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)