|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Norton was born of a Cherokee father and a mother from where?
2. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the Kasihtas were attacked by the King of what with a bow and arrow?
3. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, how many tribes did the Kasihtas meet by the mountain?
4. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the Kasihtas killed what great animal by sacrificing an orphan baby to it?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A lion.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A bear.
5. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the Kasihtas followed a tribe called what for many years over different kinds of terrain?
(a) The Micmac Indians.
(b) The Apache people.
(c) The Apalachicolas.
(d) The Cherokee people.
6. In what year did the Moor's Indian Charity School move to Hanover, New Hampshire?
7. What was an armed conflict between the Lakota, Northern Cheyenne, and Arapaho and the United States in the Wyoming Territory and the Montana Territory from 1866 to 1868?
(a) Red Cloud's War.
(b) The French and Indian War.
(c) King Philip's War.
(d) The Battle of Red Wing.
8. Where was John Heckewelder born?
(a) London, England.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) Bedford, England.
(d) New York, New York.
9. The Chichimeca War was a military conflict waged between Spanish colonizers against a confederation of Chichimeca Indians during what years?
10. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, the daughter of the "Great Spirit" has two children, Teharonghyawago and who?
11. The Mohawk Major John Norton was known as what by his people?
12. What refers to the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning?
13. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, an image of the earth is described as sitting on the back of what?
(a) A Great Fox.
(b) A Great Turtle.
(c) A Great Buffalo.
(d) A Great Bear.
14. Samson Occom is believed to be a direct descendant of what famous Mohegan chief?
(d) Joseph Brant.
15. What is defined as the science of artificial application of water to the land or soil?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Samsom Occom settle, set up a school, marry, attend to the sick and to burials, and perform other priestly duties?
2. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, red feathers mean what symbolically?
3. What refers to the establishment, maintenance, acquisition and expansion of colonies in one territory by people from another territory?
4. Smallpox probably diverged from an ancestral African rodent-borne variola-like virus between 16,000 and how many years ago?
5. The Moor's Indian Charity School moved to Hanover, New Hampshire to become what institution?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)