|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a person appointed by a national government to conduct official negotiations and maintain political, economic, and social relations with another country or countries?
2. When did Eleazar Wheelock die?
3. John Eliot emigrated to Boston, Massachusetts, on what ship?
4. What is a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance?
5. Smallpox is believed to have emerged in human populations about what time?
(a) 5,000 B.C.
(b) 15,000 B.C.
(c) 1,000 B.C.
(d) 10,000 B.C.
6. At what age was Samsom Occom first exposed to the teachings of Christian evangelical preachers?
7. What was a Christian revitalization movement that swept Protestant Europe and British America, and especially the American colonies in the 1730s and 1740s, leaving a permanent impact on American religion?
(a) The Middle Ages.
(b) The Spanish Inquisition.
(c) The Great Awakening.
(d) The White Awakening.
8. According to the author in Chapter 2, in addition to intermarriage, some tribes sought to bolster their numbers by what means?
(a) Selling children.
(b) Capturing Europeans.
(c) Converting to Christianity.
(d) Converting other tribes.
9. Smallpox killed what estimated number of Europeans per year during the closing years of the 18th century?
10. When was Eleazar Wheelock born?
11. Samsom Occom had problems with what dying on him, leading him into debt?
(c) Corn crops.
12. What refers to the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning?
13. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, white feathers mean what symbolically?
14. Of what tribe was Josiah Jeremy?
(a) The Micmac Indians.
(b) The Apache people.
(c) The Cherokee people.
(d) The Apalachicolas.
15. What means to compel by force, intimidation, or authority, especially without regard for individual desire or volition?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the Kasihtas killed what great animal by sacrificing an orphan baby to it?
2. What was an armed conflict between the Lakota, Northern Cheyenne, and Arapaho and the United States in the Wyoming Territory and the Montana Territory from 1866 to 1868?
3. When was John Norton born?
4. In what year did the Moor's Indian Charity School move to Hanover, New Hampshire?
5. Eleazar Wheelock founded the Moor's Indian Charity School in what year?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)