|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the Kasihtas followed a tribe called what for many years over different kinds of terrain?
(a) The Cherokee people.
(b) The Apache people.
(c) The Micmac Indians.
(d) The Apalachicolas.
2. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, the daughter of the "Great Spirit" has two children, Teharonghyawago and who?
3. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, an image of the earth is described as sitting on the back of what?
(a) A Great Buffalo.
(b) A Great Bear.
(c) A Great Fox.
(d) A Great Turtle.
4. The text by Josiah Jeremy in Chapter 1 is dated when?
5. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the Kasihtas were attacked by the King of what with a bow and arrow?
6. What dealt a terrible blow to many Indian tribes, leading to further dependence on European goods and foolish land deals?
(a) Opium addiction.
(b) Caffeine addiction.
(d) Marijuana addiction.
7. What was a Christian revitalization movement that swept Protestant Europe and British America, and especially the American colonies in the 1730s and 1740s, leaving a permanent impact on American religion?
(a) The White Awakening.
(b) The Middle Ages.
(c) The Spanish Inquisition.
(d) The Great Awakening.
8. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, how many tribes did the Kasihtas meet by the mountain?
9. Jamestown was a settlement in the Colony of Virginia established by the Virginia Company of London as "James Fort" in what year?
10. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the West opened up, and a tribe named the Kasihtas settled near a mountain so great and thunderous they called it what?
(a) The Mountain of Heaven.
(b) The Great Bear.
(c) The King of Mountains.
(d) The Great Mountain.
11. The start of the European colonization of the Americas is typically dated to what year?
12. When was John Norton born?
(a) Early 1760s.
(b) Early 1750s.
(c) Late 1770s.
(d) Early 1800s.
13. Samson Occom is believed to be a direct descendant of what famous Mohegan chief?
(c) Joseph Brant.
14. Where did Samsom Occom settle, set up a school, marry, attend to the sick and to burials, and perform other priestly duties?
(a) Windham, Connecticut.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) Salem, Massachusetts.
(d) Montauk, New York.
15. What is a domed room dwelling used by certain Native American tribes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance?
2. What is defined as the science of artificial application of water to the land or soil?
3. What refers to a person sent by a church into an area to carry on evangelism or other activities?
4. What is defined as a sacred narrative explaining how the world and humankind came to be in their present form?
5. In Chapter 1, John Heckewelder relates a "verbatim" account from the Delaware and Mahican Indians of the Dutch landing in an area that is now known as what?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)