|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the Kasihtas were attacked by the King of what with a bow and arrow?
2. Jamestown was a settlement in the Colony of Virginia established by the Virginia Company of London as "James Fort" in what year?
3. The Mohawk Major John Norton was known as what by his people?
4. The Moor's Indian Charity School moved to Hanover, New Hampshire to become what institution?
(a) Harvard College.
(b) Dartmouth College.
(c) Rutgers College.
(d) Boston College.
5. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the Kasihtas killed what great animal by sacrificing an orphan baby to it?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A bear.
(d) A lion.
6. When did John Heckewelder die?
7. What refers to money or any other valuable consideration given or promised with a view to corrupting the behavior of a person, especially in that person's performance as an athlete or public official?
8. What word refers to the practice of viewing the world from a European perspective and with an implied belief, either consciously or subconsciously, in the preeminence of European culture?
9. When was Eleazar Wheelock born?
10. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, white feathers mean what symbolically?
11. What dealt a terrible blow to many Indian tribes, leading to further dependence on European goods and foolish land deals?
(a) Caffeine addiction.
(b) Marijuana addiction.
(c) Opium addiction.
12. What refers to a person sent by a church into an area to carry on evangelism or other activities?
13. In what year did the Moor's Indian Charity School move to Hanover, New Hampshire?
14. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, Teharonghyawago grows up how?
(a) Alone and unloved.
(b) Adored and spoiled.
(c) Rich and powerful.
(d) Peacefully and happily.
15. When was Mary Jemison captured by the Seneca tribe and taken to western New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, red feathers mean what symbolically?
2. The Chichimeca War was a military conflict waged between Spanish colonizers against a confederation of Chichimeca Indians during what years?
3. What is the most severe and common form of smallpox, with a more extensive rash and higher fever?
4. At what age was Samsom Occom first exposed to the teachings of Christian evangelical preachers?
5. When was John Norton born?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)