|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, red feathers mean what symbolically?
2. What term refers to the adoption of a new religious identity?
3. When was John Norton born?
(a) Early 1750s.
(b) Early 1760s.
(c) Early 1800s.
(d) Late 1770s.
4. The Mohawk Major John Norton was known as what by his people?
5. What is a person appointed by a national government to conduct official negotiations and maintain political, economic, and social relations with another country or countries?
6. What is a domed room dwelling used by certain Native American tribes?
7. When did Eleazar Wheelock die?
8. When was Samson Occom born?
9. What refers to the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning?
10. Some estimates indicate case fatality rates of what percentage in Native American populations during smallpox epidemics?
11. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, who kills the daughter of the "Great Spirit" in childbirth by trying to exit the womb from "the side"?
12. The Chichimeca War was a military conflict waged between Spanish colonizers against a confederation of Chichimeca Indians during what years?
13. When did John Eliot die?
14. Smallpox probably diverged from an ancestral African rodent-borne variola-like virus between 16,000 and how many years ago?
15. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, white feathers mean what symbolically?
Short Answer Questions
1. The earliest physical evidence of smallpox is probably the pustular rash on the mummified body of whom?
2. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the West opened up, and a tribe named the Kasihtas settled near a mountain so great and thunderous they called it what?
3. Smallpox killed what estimated number of Europeans per year during the closing years of the 18th century?
4. Of what tribe was Josiah Jeremy?
5. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the Kasihtas killed what great animal by sacrificing an orphan baby to it?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)