|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Samsom Occom began to study theology at the "Lattin School" of Eleazar Wheelock in what year?
2. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, red feathers mean what symbolically?
3. When did John Eliot come to America?
4. The text by Josiah Jeremy in Chapter 1 relates a story about the first sighting of what?
(a) An English boat.
(b) An Italian boat.
(c) A French boat.
(d) A Dutch boat.
5. Where did Samsom Occom settle, set up a school, marry, attend to the sick and to burials, and perform other priestly duties?
(a) Windham, Connecticut.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) Salem, Massachusetts.
(d) Montauk, New York.
6. What is defined as the science of artificial application of water to the land or soil?
7. At what age was Samsom Occom first exposed to the teachings of Christian evangelical preachers?
8. What means to compel by force, intimidation, or authority, especially without regard for individual desire or volition?
9. What refers to human history in the period before recorded events, known mainly through archaeological discoveries, study, research, etc.?
10. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, an image of the earth is described as sitting on the back of what?
(a) A Great Buffalo.
(b) A Great Bear.
(c) A Great Fox.
(d) A Great Turtle.
11. When was John Eliot born?
12. The Mohawk Major John Norton was known as what by his people?
13. When was John Heckewelder born?
14. The first known Europeans to reach the Americas were who during the 11th century?
(a) The Italians.
(b) The Portugese.
(c) The Druids.
(d) The Vikings.
15. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, the daughter of the "Great Spirit" has two children, Teharonghyawago and who?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Eleazar Wheelock born?
2. What refers to both the process and product of planning, designing and construction of buildings or structures?
3. When did Eleazar Wheelock die?
4. When was Eleazar Wheelock born?
5. When was John Norton born?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)