|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is defined as the science of artificial application of water to the land or soil?
2. When was Samson Occom born?
3. When was John Eliot born?
4. Samson Occom is believed to be a direct descendant of what famous Mohegan chief?
(c) Joseph Brant.
5. John Norton was born of a Cherokee father and a mother from where?
6. Where was John Heckewelder born?
(a) Bedford, England.
(b) London, England.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
7. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the Kasihtas were attacked by the King of what with a bow and arrow?
8. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the Kasihtas followed a tribe called what for many years over different kinds of terrain?
(a) The Cherokee people.
(b) The Micmac Indians.
(c) The Apalachicolas.
(d) The Apache people.
9. When did John Eliot come to America?
10. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, Tawiskaron proves to be a great what?
11. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the West opened up, and a tribe named the Kasihtas settled near a mountain so great and thunderous they called it what?
(a) The Great Bear.
(b) The King of Mountains.
(c) The Mountain of Heaven.
(d) The Great Mountain.
12. What dealt a terrible blow to many Indian tribes, leading to further dependence on European goods and foolish land deals?
(b) Marijuana addiction.
(c) Opium addiction.
(d) Caffeine addiction.
13. Where did Samsom Occom settle, set up a school, marry, attend to the sick and to burials, and perform other priestly duties?
(a) Montauk, New York.
(b) Salem, Massachusetts.
(c) Windham, Connecticut.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
14. At what age was Samsom Occom first exposed to the teachings of Christian evangelical preachers?
15. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the Kasihtas killed what great animal by sacrificing an orphan baby to it?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A bear.
(d) A lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, how many tribes did the Kasihtas meet by the mountain?
2. Smallpox probably diverged from an ancestral African rodent-borne variola-like virus between 16,000 and how many years ago?
3. When did Samson Occom die?
4. Where was Eleazar Wheelock born?
5. What was an armed conflict between the Lakota, Northern Cheyenne, and Arapaho and the United States in the Wyoming Territory and the Montana Territory from 1866 to 1868?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)