|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is defined as the science of artificial application of water to the land or soil?
2. Where did Samsom Occom settle, set up a school, marry, attend to the sick and to burials, and perform other priestly duties?
(a) Salem, Massachusetts.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) Montauk, New York.
(d) Windham, Connecticut.
3. In an address to whom in Chapter 5 does Joseph Brant reiterate support for Great Britain?
(a) Eleazar Wheelock.
(b) Jeffery Amherst.
(c) William Johnson.
(d) Lord Germain.
4. When was John Eliot born?
5. Delaware Indians strenuously denied the accuracy of the treaty called the Treaty of Fort Pitt in a letter to what American Indian agent in Chapter 5?
(a) George Morgan.
(b) William Johnson.
(c) Joseph Brant.
(d) Alexander McGillivray.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word did the Delaware and Mahican Indians use for "Supreme Being"?
2. A speech was given by what Oneida Indian in Chapter 4, promising to uphold the peace between the tribe and the English, but questioning the English for using Indians to fight their wars for them?
3. When did John Eliot come to America?
4. Like many southern tribes, the Creeks had allied themselves with what nation who was now withdrawing from America in Chapter 6?
5. Alexander McGillivray emerged as a spokesman for the Creek Indians in present-day Georgia and where?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)