|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Eliot emigrated to Boston, Massachusetts, on what ship?
2. What was a loose confederacy of North American Natives in the Great Lakes region following the American Revolutionary War?
(a) The Western Confederacy.
(b) The Northwest Ordinance.
(c) The Ohio Confederacy.
(d) The Pacific Confederacy.
3. What refers to a person sent by a church into an area to carry on evangelism or other activities?
4. Smallpox probably diverged from an ancestral African rodent-borne variola-like virus between 16,000 and how many years ago?
5. The first text in Chapter 4 is from what year, when a governor of New France traveled to Iroquois country to try to bluff his way to making the Iroquois stop trading with the English?
Short Answer Questions
1. What dealt a terrible blow to many Indian tribes, leading to further dependence on European goods and foolish land deals?
2. Alexander McGillivray's father was of what descent?
3. In Chapter 1, John Heckewelder relates a "verbatim" account from the Delaware and Mahican Indians of the Dutch landing in an area that is now known as what?
4. Colin G. Calloway earned his Ph.D. from what institution?
5. According to the author in Chapter 2, in addition to intermarriage, some tribes sought to bolster their numbers by what means?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)