|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, John Heckewelder relates a "verbatim" account from the Delaware and Mahican Indians of the Dutch landing in an area that is now known as what?
(a) Manhattan, New York.
(b) Queens, New York.
(c) Cape May, Massachusetts.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
2. In what year did a Delaware chief named John Killbuck make a speech correctly doubting that the white man will be satisfied with the Ohio River boundary?
3. When did the American Revolutionary War end?
4. An Onondaga Indian named what delivered several powerful speeches at the Treaty of Lancaster conference?
(b) Joseph Brant.
5. In what year was the Treaty of Fort Stanwix concluded between the Iroquois and English delegate Sir William Johnson?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the governor of New France who traveled to Iroquois country to try to bluff his way to making the Iroquois stop trading with the English?
2. The Indian Removal Act was signed into law in what year?
3. By what year was it clear the French were defeated by the English, and that Indians allied with the French were soon going to have to deal with the English, according to the author in Chapter 4?
4. What word refers to the practice of viewing the world from a European perspective and with an implied belief, either consciously or subconsciously, in the preeminence of European culture?
5. One instance of land abuse was the "guardian system," put in place by Massachusetts in what year?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)