|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, John Heckewelder relates a "verbatim" account from the Delaware and Mahican Indians of the Dutch landing in an area that is now known as what?
(a) Manhattan, New York.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) Queens, New York.
(d) Cape May, Massachusetts.
2. In the first text from Chapter 5, Oneida Indians express their desire to remain neutral in the conflict in a speech to the governor of what state?
3. Colin G. Calloway is professor of history and Samson Occom Professor of Native American Studies at what institution?
(a) Yale University.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) Dartmouth College.
(d) Harvard University.
4. Where was Phineas Stevens born?
(a) Sudbury, Massachusetts.
(b) Cambridge, Massachusetts.
(c) Montauk, New York.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
5. What refers to a person sent by a church into an area to carry on evangelism or other activities?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was The Scratch of a Pen: 1763 and the Transformation of North America published?
2. To help control Indian populations, Europeans would install what, who would support European interests, which included sending Indian warriors into European wars?
3. What word refers to the practice of viewing the world from a European perspective and with an implied belief, either consciously or subconsciously, in the preeminence of European culture?
4. When was Joseph Brant born?
5. Alexander McGillivray's mother was of what descent?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)