|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chichimeca War was a military conflict waged between Spanish colonizers against a confederation of Chichimeca Indians during what years?
2. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, who kills the daughter of the "Great Spirit" in childbirth by trying to exit the womb from "the side"?
3. In the "Act of Submission" printed in Chapter 3, the Native American tribe formally submitted themselves as subjects of what?
(a) The American President.
(b) The Spanish Crown.
(c) The English Crown.
(d) The French Crown.
4. One instance of land abuse was the "guardian system," put in place by Massachusetts in what year?
5. The Indian Nonintercourse Act declared that all Indian land deals were invalid unless they occurred with what?
(a) Judicial approval.
(b) Presidential approval.
(c) Congressional approval.
(d) Popular vote.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word did the Delaware and Mahican Indians use for "Supreme Being"?
2. When was Colonel William Crawford born?
3. The Walking Purchase was a purported agreement between the Penn family and what native tribe?
4. By way of the Walking Purchase, the Penn family and proprietors claimed an area of how many acres in Pennsylvania?
5. Smallpox is believed to have emerged in human populations about what time?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)