|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Phineas Stevens die?
2. In the "Act of Submission" printed in Chapter 3, the Native American tribe formally submitted themselves as subjects of what?
(a) The French Crown.
(b) The Spanish Crown.
(c) The English Crown.
(d) The American President.
3. The first text reprinted in Chapter 3 is a "Act of Submission" written by what tribe?
(a) The Cherokee Indians.
(b) The Mohawk Indians.
(c) The Apache Indians.
(d) The Narrangansett Indians.
4. Samsom Occom began to study theology at the "Lattin School" of Eleazar Wheelock in what year?
5. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, Tawiskaron proves to be a great what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, the daughter of the "Great Spirit" has two children, Teharonghyawago and who?
2. What act among Indian tribes was a crucial part of any diplomatic efforts, as it symbolized friendship and sincerity?
3. Deliberations on the Treaty of Lancaster ended on what date?
4. Eleazar Wheelock founded the Moor's Indian Charity School in what year?
5. When was Mary Jemison captured by the Seneca tribe and taken to western New York?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)