|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was John Heckewelder born?
(a) New York, New York.
(b) Bedford, England.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) London, England.
2. A speech was given by what Oneida Indian in Chapter 4, promising to uphold the peace between the tribe and the English, but questioning the English for using Indians to fight their wars for them?
(b) La Barre.
3. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, who kills the daughter of the "Great Spirit" in childbirth by trying to exit the womb from "the side"?
4. Smallpox was responsible for how many estimated deaths during the 20th century?
(a) 100-300 million.
(b) 300-500 million.
(c) 100-200 million.
(d) 600-800 million.
5. John Eliot wrote a series of fictional "dialogues" such as one which is reprinted in Chapter 2 describing a converted Indian named what who returns to his native village?
(a) Joseph Brant.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Mohawk Major John Norton was known as what by his people?
2. What refers to the crime of falsely making or altering a writing by which the legal rights or obligations of another person are apparently affected?
3. The Treaty of Lancaster was a treaty concluded between the Six Nations and the colonies of Virginia and what?
4. When did John Eliot come to America?
5. The Indian Nonintercourse Act was passed by the United States Congress beginning in what year?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)