|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, Teharonghyawago grows up how?
(a) Peacefully and happily.
(b) Rich and powerful.
(c) Adored and spoiled.
(d) Alone and unloved.
2. The earliest physical evidence of smallpox is probably the pustular rash on the mummified body of whom?
(a) King Edward I.
(b) Pharaoh Ramses V.
(c) Pharaoh Thutmose III.
(d) Pharaoh Sekhemib-Perenmaat.
3. Smallpox was responsible for how many estimated deaths during the 20th century?
(a) 100-300 million.
(b) 300-500 million.
(c) 600-800 million.
(d) 100-200 million.
4. When was Eleazar Wheelock born?
5. When did Samson Occom die?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Eleazar Wheelock die?
2. What term means having a vocabulary composed primarily of short, simple words?
3. Smallpox probably diverged from an ancestral African rodent-borne variola-like virus between 16,000 and how many years ago?
4. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, who kills the daughter of the "Great Spirit" in childbirth by trying to exit the womb from "the side"?
5. What refers to both the process and product of planning, designing and construction of buildings or structures?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)