|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Norton played a prominent role in what conflict, leading Iroquois warriors from Grand River into battle against American invaders?
(a) Red Cloud's War.
(b) King Philip's War.
(c) The War of 1812.
(d) The French and Indian War.
2. What was a Christian revitalization movement that swept Protestant Europe and British America, and especially the American colonies in the 1730s and 1740s, leaving a permanent impact on American religion?
(a) The Great Awakening.
(b) The Spanish Inquisition.
(c) The White Awakening.
(d) The Middle Ages.
3. When was Mary Jemison captured by the Seneca tribe and taken to western New York?
4. What refers to the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning?
5. John Norton was adopted by the Mohawks, with who as his uncle?
(a) Joseph Brant.
(b) Alexander McGillivray.
(c) King Philip.
Short Answer Questions
1. John Norton was born of a Cherokee father and a mother from where?
2. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, Tawiskaron proves to be a great what?
3. The Arauco War was a conflict between colonial Spaniards and who?
4. What is a domed room dwelling used by certain Native American tribes?
5. What refers to human history in the period before recorded events, known mainly through archaeological discoveries, study, research, etc.?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)