|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a domed room dwelling used by certain Native American tribes?
2. What refers to a person sent by a church into an area to carry on evangelism or other activities?
3. What is defined as the science of artificial application of water to the land or soil?
4. The first known Europeans to reach the Americas were who during the 11th century?
(a) The Portugese.
(b) The Druids.
(c) The Italians.
(d) The Vikings.
5. What is the most severe and common form of smallpox, with a more extensive rash and higher fever?
(a) Variola major.
(b) Variola minor.
(c) Variola incubus.
(d) Variola sine eruptione.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to human history in the period before recorded events, known mainly through archaeological discoveries, study, research, etc.?
2. What refers to money or any other valuable consideration given or promised with a view to corrupting the behavior of a person, especially in that person's performance as an athlete or public official?
3. What is a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance?
4. When did John Eliot come to America?
5. What was a Christian revitalization movement that swept Protestant Europe and British America, and especially the American colonies in the 1730s and 1740s, leaving a permanent impact on American religion?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)