|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was John Heckewelder born?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) Bedford, England.
(c) London, England.
(d) New York, New York.
2. Samsom Occom began to study theology at the "Lattin School" of Eleazar Wheelock in what year?
3. The text by Josiah Jeremy in Chapter 1 is dated when?
4. When did Eleazar Wheelock die?
5. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, an image of the earth is described as sitting on the back of what?
(a) A Great Fox.
(b) A Great Bear.
(c) A Great Turtle.
(d) A Great Buffalo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a person appointed by a national government to conduct official negotiations and maintain political, economic, and social relations with another country or countries?
2. What word did the Delaware and Mahican Indians use for "Supreme Being"?
3. What was an armed conflict between the Lakota, Northern Cheyenne, and Arapaho and the United States in the Wyoming Territory and the Montana Territory from 1866 to 1868?
4. John Eliot wrote a series of fictional "dialogues" such as one which is reprinted in Chapter 2 describing a converted Indian named what who returns to his native village?
5. Samson Occom is believed to be a direct descendant of what famous Mohegan chief?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)