|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was John Heckewelder born?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Bedford, England.
(d) London, England.
2. What refers to a person sent by a church into an area to carry on evangelism or other activities?
3. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, the daughter of the "Great Spirit" has two children, Teharonghyawago and who?
4. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, Teharonghyawago grows up how?
(a) Adored and spoiled.
(b) Alone and unloved.
(c) Peacefully and happily.
(d) Rich and powerful.
5. Eleazar Wheelock founded the Moor's Indian Charity School in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. The earliest physical evidence of smallpox is probably the pustular rash on the mummified body of whom?
2. The text by Josiah Jeremy in Chapter 1 is dated when?
3. What was an armed conflict between the Lakota, Northern Cheyenne, and Arapaho and the United States in the Wyoming Territory and the Montana Territory from 1866 to 1868?
4. In what year did the Moor's Indian Charity School move to Hanover, New Hampshire?
5. What refers to the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)