|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first known Europeans to reach the Americas were who during the 11th century?
(a) The Portugese.
(b) The Vikings.
(c) The Italians.
(d) The Druids.
2. The Chichimeca War was a military conflict waged between Spanish colonizers against a confederation of Chichimeca Indians during what years?
3. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the Kasihtas proved their seniority among the other tribes by having a great war, and accumulating more what than other tribes?
4. After vaccination campaigns throughout the 19th and 20th centuries, the WHO certified the eradication of smallpox in what year?
5. The text by Josiah Jeremy in Chapter 1 relates a story about the first sighting of what?
(a) An Italian boat.
(b) An English boat.
(c) A Dutch boat.
(d) A French boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. John Norton played a prominent role in what conflict, leading Iroquois warriors from Grand River into battle against American invaders?
2. To help control Indian populations, Europeans would install what, who would support European interests, which included sending Indian warriors into European wars?
3. What is a person appointed by a national government to conduct official negotiations and maintain political, economic, and social relations with another country or countries?
4. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, a "Great Spirit" punishes his daughter for what by casting her down a great hole in the heavens?
5. Smallpox probably diverged from an ancestral African rodent-borne variola-like virus between 16,000 and how many years ago?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)