|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the Kasihtas killed what great animal by sacrificing an orphan baby to it?
(a) A bear.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A lion.
2. Where was John Heckewelder born?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) Bedford, England.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) London, England.
3. What means to compel by force, intimidation, or authority, especially without regard for individual desire or volition?
4. What word refers to the practice of viewing the world from a European perspective and with an implied belief, either consciously or subconsciously, in the preeminence of European culture?
5. What refers to human history in the period before recorded events, known mainly through archaeological discoveries, study, research, etc.?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what tribe was Josiah Jeremy?
2. Smallpox probably diverged from an ancestral African rodent-borne variola-like virus between 16,000 and how many years ago?
3. The start of the European colonization of the Americas is typically dated to what year?
4. What is a domed room dwelling used by certain Native American tribes?
5. What was an armed conflict between the Lakota, Northern Cheyenne, and Arapaho and the United States in the Wyoming Territory and the Montana Territory from 1866 to 1868?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)