|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a domed room dwelling used by certain Native American tribes?
2. What was an armed conflict between the Lakota, Northern Cheyenne, and Arapaho and the United States in the Wyoming Territory and the Montana Territory from 1866 to 1868?
(a) The Battle of Red Wing.
(b) King Philip's War.
(c) Red Cloud's War.
(d) The French and Indian War.
3. What is defined as the science of artificial application of water to the land or soil?
4. What is a person appointed by a national government to conduct official negotiations and maintain political, economic, and social relations with another country or countries?
5. Jamestown was a settlement in the Colony of Virginia established by the Virginia Company of London as "James Fort" in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the establishment, maintenance, acquisition and expansion of colonies in one territory by people from another territory?
2. What refers to both the process and product of planning, designing and construction of buildings or structures?
3. The first known Europeans to reach the Americas were who during the 11th century?
4. Smallpox is believed to have emerged in human populations about what time?
5. Smallpox was responsible for how many estimated deaths during the 20th century?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)