|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a person appointed by a national government to conduct official negotiations and maintain political, economic, and social relations with another country or countries?
2. What is a domed room dwelling used by certain Native American tribes?
3. The Arauco War was a conflict between colonial Spaniards and who?
(a) The Aztec people.
(b) The Apache people.
(c) The Iriquois people.
(d) The Mapuche people.
4. What dealt a terrible blow to many Indian tribes, leading to further dependence on European goods and foolish land deals?
(a) Opium addiction.
(c) Caffeine addiction.
(d) Marijuana addiction.
5. Smallpox probably diverged from an ancestral African rodent-borne variola-like virus between 16,000 and how many years ago?
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a person sent by a church into an area to carry on evangelism or other activities?
2. What means to compel by force, intimidation, or authority, especially without regard for individual desire or volition?
3. Smallpox is believed to have emerged in human populations about what time?
4. To help control Indian populations, Europeans would install what, who would support European interests, which included sending Indian warriors into European wars?
5. What was founded by some Marian exiles from the clergy shortly after the accession of Elizabeth I of England in 1558?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)