|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was founded by some Marian exiles from the clergy shortly after the accession of Elizabeth I of England in 1558?
2. What term means having a vocabulary composed primarily of short, simple words?
3. Jamestown was a settlement in the Colony of Virginia established by the Virginia Company of London as "James Fort" in what year?
4. The earliest physical evidence of smallpox is probably the pustular rash on the mummified body of whom?
(a) Pharaoh Thutmose III.
(b) King Edward I.
(c) Pharaoh Sekhemib-Perenmaat.
(d) Pharaoh Ramses V.
5. What is defined as the science of artificial application of water to the land or soil?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a person appointed by a national government to conduct official negotiations and maintain political, economic, and social relations with another country or countries?
2. What is the most severe and common form of smallpox, with a more extensive rash and higher fever?
3. What means to compel by force, intimidation, or authority, especially without regard for individual desire or volition?
4. The Chichimeca War was a military conflict waged between Spanish colonizers against a confederation of Chichimeca Indians during what years?
5. What refers to the establishment, maintenance, acquisition and expansion of colonies in one territory by people from another territory?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)