|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Norton played a prominent role in what conflict, leading Iroquois warriors from Grand River into battle against American invaders?
(a) King Philip's War.
(b) The French and Indian War.
(c) Red Cloud's War.
(d) The War of 1812.
2. In Chapter 3, Penobscot recounted his part in the negotiations, in which he never stated anything about handing over land but only that he wished for what?
(a) Hostilities to end.
(b) The freedom of slaves.
(c) Colonists to leave.
(d) Monetary repayment.
3. After vaccination campaigns throughout the 19th and 20th centuries, the WHO certified the eradication of smallpox in what year?
4. George Washington became known by what nickname among the Native Americans for ordering the destruction of around forty Iroquois towns during the Revolutionary War?
(a) "Black Night."
(b) "Town Destroyer."
(c) "Great Bear."
(d) "Monstrous Destroyer."
5. What term means having a vocabulary composed primarily of short, simple words?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Colonel William Crawford die?
2. Where was John Eliot born?
3. When did the American Revolutionary War end?
4. The first known Europeans to reach the Americas were who during the 11th century?
5. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, Tawiskaron proves to be a great what?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)