|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Samson Occom is believed to be a direct descendant of what famous Mohegan chief?
(c) Joseph Brant.
2. When did Eleazar Wheelock die?
3. A speech was given by what Oneida Indian in Chapter 4, promising to uphold the peace between the tribe and the English, but questioning the English for using Indians to fight their wars for them?
(a) La Barre.
4. In Chapter 3, Penobscot recounted his part in the negotiations, in which he never stated anything about handing over land but only that he wished for what?
(a) Colonists to leave.
(b) The freedom of slaves.
(c) Hostilities to end.
(d) Monetary repayment.
5. Of what tribe was Josiah Jeremy?
(a) The Micmac Indians.
(b) The Apache people.
(c) The Apalachicolas.
(d) The Cherokee people.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 2, in addition to intermarriage, some tribes sought to bolster their numbers by what means?
2. Thomas Jefferson was governor of what state when he urged extermination of Shawnees in Ohio?
3. The Indian Nonintercourse Act declared that all Indian land deals were invalid unless they occurred with what?
4. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, an image of the earth is described as sitting on the back of what?
5. To help control Indian populations, Europeans would install what, who would support European interests, which included sending Indian warriors into European wars?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)