|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did the Delaware Indians give a speech stating their belief that the English caused the French and Indian War, as described in Chapter 4?
2. In what year were 96 Delaware Indians murdered by American militia because the militia believed the Indians were plotting against them?
3. Jamestown was a settlement in the Colony of Virginia established by the Virginia Company of London as "James Fort" in what year?
4. Of what tribe was Josiah Jeremy?
(a) The Apalachicolas.
(b) The Cherokee people.
(c) The Micmac Indians.
(d) The Apache people.
5. Where did Samsom Occom settle, set up a school, marry, attend to the sick and to burials, and perform other priestly duties?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) Montauk, New York.
(c) Windham, Connecticut.
(d) Salem, Massachusetts.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Samson Occom die?
2. Dragging Canoe led Cherokee Indians inclined to fight whom during the American Revolutionary War?
3. Some estimates indicate case fatality rates of what percentage in Native American populations during smallpox epidemics?
4. Chief Pontiac was born in approximately what year?
5. In Chapter 1, John Heckewelder relates a "verbatim" account from the Delaware and Mahican Indians of the Dutch landing in an area that is now known as what?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)