|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joseph Mittark was accused of illegitimately selling the lands of his people to whom?
(a) John Heckewelder.
(b) Thomas Dongan.
(c) John Eliot.
(d) Joseph Brant.
2. John Norton played a prominent role in what conflict, leading Iroquois warriors from Grand River into battle against American invaders?
(a) Red Cloud's War.
(b) The War of 1812.
(c) King Philip's War.
(d) The French and Indian War.
3. The start of the European colonization of the Americas is typically dated to what year?
4. Chief Pontiac was born in approximately what year?
5. Joseph Brant had been taught at whose school?
(a) William Johnson's.
(b) Eleazar Wheelock's.
(c) Lord Germain's.
(d) Jeffery Amherst's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning?
2. When was Colonel William Crawford born?
3. The Walking Purchase was a purported agreement from what year?
4. In what year were 96 Delaware Indians murdered by American militia because the militia believed the Indians were plotting against them?
5. The first text in Chapter 4 is from what year, when a governor of New France traveled to Iroquois country to try to bluff his way to making the Iroquois stop trading with the English?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)