|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The earliest physical evidence of smallpox is probably the pustular rash on the mummified body of whom?
(a) King Edward I.
(b) Pharaoh Thutmose III.
(c) Pharaoh Ramses V.
(d) Pharaoh Sekhemib-Perenmaat.
2. When was John Norton born?
(a) Early 1750s.
(b) Early 1760s.
(c) Early 1800s.
(d) Late 1770s.
3. Jamestown was a settlement in the Colony of Virginia established by the Virginia Company of London as "James Fort" in what year?
4. What refers to the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning?
5. After vaccination campaigns throughout the 19th and 20th centuries, the WHO certified the eradication of smallpox in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did John Heckewelder die?
2. Smallpox probably diverged from an ancestral African rodent-borne variola-like virus between 16,000 and how many years ago?
3. What was founded by some Marian exiles from the clergy shortly after the accession of Elizabeth I of England in 1558?
4. Smallpox was responsible for how many estimated deaths during the 20th century?
5. The text by Josiah Jeremy in Chapter 1 is dated when?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)