|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the Kasihtas killed what great animal by sacrificing an orphan baby to it?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A lion.
(c) A bear.
(d) A tiger.
2. What refers to the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning?
3. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, who kills the daughter of the "Great Spirit" in childbirth by trying to exit the womb from "the side"?
4. Smallpox is believed to have emerged in human populations about what time?
(a) 5,000 B.C.
(b) 1,000 B.C.
(c) 10,000 B.C.
(d) 15,000 B.C.
5. What is defined as the science of artificial application of water to the land or soil?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Arauco War was a conflict between colonial Spaniards and who?
2. What term means having a vocabulary composed primarily of short, simple words?
3. When did John Heckewelder die?
4. The text by Josiah Jeremy in Chapter 1 relates a story about the first sighting of what?
5. When was John Heckewelder born?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)