|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance?
2. Joseph Mittark was accused of illegitimately selling the lands of his people to whom?
(a) Thomas Dongan.
(b) John Heckewelder.
(c) Joseph Brant.
(d) John Eliot.
3. John Eliot emigrated to Boston, Massachusetts, on what ship?
4. Deliberations on the Treaty of Lancaster ended on what date?
(a) July 4, 1744.
(b) June 12, 1754.
(c) October 15, 1669.
(d) November 23, 1746.
5. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, red feathers mean what symbolically?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word refers to the practice of viewing the world from a European perspective and with an implied belief, either consciously or subconsciously, in the preeminence of European culture?
2. The Indian Nonintercourse Act was passed by the United States Congress beginning in what year?
3. What was an armed conflict between the Lakota, Northern Cheyenne, and Arapaho and the United States in the Wyoming Territory and the Montana Territory from 1866 to 1868?
4. What term refers to the adoption of a new religious identity?
5. What was a Christian revitalization movement that swept Protestant Europe and British America, and especially the American colonies in the 1730s and 1740s, leaving a permanent impact on American religion?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)