|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did John Eliot come to America?
2. Some estimates indicate case fatality rates of what percentage in Native American populations during smallpox epidemics?
3. What refers to the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning?
4. Samson Occom is believed to be a direct descendant of what famous Mohegan chief?
(c) Joseph Brant.
5. What refers to the crime of falsely making or altering a writing by which the legal rights or obligations of another person are apparently affected?
Short Answer Questions
1. Eleazar Wheelock founded the Moor's Indian Charity School in what year?
2. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, red feathers mean what symbolically?
3. Joseph Mittark was accused of illegitimately selling the lands of his people to whom?
4. Smallpox is believed to have emerged in human populations about what time?
5. Joseph Mittark was accused of illegitimately selling the lands of his people to the governor of what state?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)