|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was John Heckewelder born?
2. What is defined as the science of artificial application of water to the land or soil?
3. The first known Europeans to reach the Americas were who during the 11th century?
(a) The Druids.
(b) The Portugese.
(c) The Italians.
(d) The Vikings.
4. What dealt a terrible blow to many Indian tribes, leading to further dependence on European goods and foolish land deals?
(a) Marijuana addiction.
(c) Opium addiction.
(d) Caffeine addiction.
5. The Walking Purchase was a purported agreement between the Penn family and what native tribe?
(a) The Apache Indians.
(b) The Delaware Indians.
(c) The Cherokee Indians.
(d) The Iriquois Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. After vaccination campaigns throughout the 19th and 20th centuries, the WHO certified the eradication of smallpox in what year?
2. What did the French call children of European and Indian parentage?
3. What was a Christian revitalization movement that swept Protestant Europe and British America, and especially the American colonies in the 1730s and 1740s, leaving a permanent impact on American religion?
4. What was founded by some Marian exiles from the clergy shortly after the accession of Elizabeth I of England in 1558?
5. What is a person appointed by a national government to conduct official negotiations and maintain political, economic, and social relations with another country or countries?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)