|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By way of the Walking Purchase, the Penn family and proprietors claimed an area of how many acres in Pennsylvania?
2. According to the author in Chapter 2, in addition to intermarriage, some tribes sought to bolster their numbers by what means?
(a) Capturing Europeans.
(b) Converting to Christianity.
(c) Converting other tribes.
(d) Selling children.
3. In the Iroquois creation story of John Norton's in Chapter 1, an image of the earth is described as sitting on the back of what?
(a) A Great Buffalo.
(b) A Great Bear.
(c) A Great Turtle.
(d) A Great Fox.
4. In Chekilli's creation story of the Creek people, the Kasihtas followed a tribe called what for many years over different kinds of terrain?
(a) The Micmac Indians.
(b) The Apache people.
(c) The Apalachicolas.
(d) The Cherokee people.
5. The Indian Nonintercourse Act was passed by the United States Congress beginning in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Eleazar Wheelock born?
2. To help control Indian populations, Europeans would install what, who would support European interests, which included sending Indian warriors into European wars?
3. What refers to a person sent by a church into an area to carry on evangelism or other activities?
4. The Indian Nonintercourse Act is the collective name given to how many statutes passed by the United States Congress?
5. John Norton was born of a Cherokee father and a mother from where?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)