Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the stone represents in the King Arthur and Theseus myths?
2. From where does Leeming take the term "monomyth?"
3. How does Leeming describe Delphi?
4. What happened after Moses refused the call to his quest?
5. What does Leeming say the Aboriginal myth of the Pleiades resembles?
Essay Topic 1
Leeming describes myths as concerning gods and goddesses, but they are also tales that transcend religion, and have an essential human, psychological truth, which is applicable beyond the particular religion that told the myth originally. In this light, discuss the religious nature of myth--do myths apply equally to atheists and believers?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast myths of the industrial or modern age with ancient or primitive myths. How are myths different in industrial times? What aspects of myths have remained the same?
Essay Topic 3
How are heroes different from ordinary humans? Is everyone a hero at certain stages of their development, or is the hero a specific cultural response to social problems or situations? Use examples from The World of Myth to define the status of the hero relative to "ordinary" people.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)