Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the stone represents in the King Arthur and Theseus myths?
2. From where does Leeming take the term "monomyth?"
3. How does Leeming describe Delphi?
4. What happened after Moses refused the call to his quest?
5. What does Leeming say the Aboriginal myth of the Pleiades resembles?
Essay Topic 1
Where is Leeming least convincing and least effective on this topic? Where does he lose the reader? What are the book's weak points, and how can you account for the flaws?
Essay Topic 2
How useful is the term monomyth for the study of myth? How useful is it for analyzing a particular myth? Analyze a myth of your choice by relating it to its underlying monomyth, and discuss the benefits and limitations of the term "monomyth" as an analytical tool. How useful is it?
Essay Topic 3
How consistent are the myths from each of the cultures Leeming describes? Do the cosmogonies and the hero myths from Greece, say, demonstrate a unified Greekness? Is there a conflict in values between the different kinds of myths Leeming analyzes? Describe two myths that reveal a conflict in values within the one culture that tells them.
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)