|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say that mountain represents as a sacred place?
2. What does Leeming say beckoned to King Arthur's knights?
3. What does Leeming say each place or object has in myth?
4. How does Leeming describe the sanctity of the garden, grove, and cave?
5. What is the temple at Delphi a microcosm for in Leeming's account?
Essay Topic 1
Where is Leeming least convincing and least effective on this topic? Where does he lose the reader? What are the book's weak points, and how can you account for the flaws?
Essay Topic 2
Does the packaging--the book jacket layout and design in particular--advance the material in the book? Does it detract? Analyze and describe how the publisher is striving to present this work to a book-buying marketplace. Is the book accurately represented by the cover? How could the cover, jacket, and copy have represented the book better?
Essay Topic 3
How useful is the term monomyth for the study of myth? How useful is it for analyzing a particular myth? Analyze a myth of your choice by relating it to its underlying monomyth, and discuss the benefits and limitations of the term "monomyth" as an analytical tool. How useful is it?
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)