|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the loss of genitals represents in myth?
(a) Domination by ideas.
(b) Loss of a culture's integrity.
(c) Gaining second sight.
(d) Planting a seed in the womb of the Great Mother.
2. How does Leeming describe Antigone's quest?
(a) As an attempt to express her human nature.
(b) As an attempt to repent parental sins.
(c) As a fight against patriarchal culture.
(d) As a fulfillment of prophecy.
3. How old was Joan of Arc when she first heart supernatural voices?
4. When does Leeming say heroes tend to be born?
(a) When they are most needed.
(b) In spring.
(c) When the world is dying.
(d) Half a generation after tyrants or pests.
5. How does Leeming define the hero?
(a) The hero is an inventor who brings new knowledge.
(b) The hero is the fixer who banishes monsters and overcomes obstacles.
(c) The hero is the person who performs feats beyond the ordinary world.
(d) The hero is any exceptional person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say heroes like Karna and Buddha have because of their miraculous births?
2. What forms does Leeming say the heroes' guides will take?
3. Who attempted to convince the Trojans to accept the wooden horse?
4. What does Leeming say the chasm at Delphi gives access to?
5. What time of year does the time when heroes are born correspond to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leeming define the hero?
2. How does Leeming describe the myth of Moses?
3. How does Leeming describe the fall of Troy?
4. How does Leeming describe the significance of Jerusalem?
5. How does Leeming describe the hero Herakles?
6. How does Leeming describe the myth of King Arthur?
7. What significance does Leeming attribute to the labyrinth in myth?
8. When does Leeming say that heroes tend to be born?
9. How does Leeming describe the myth of Oedipus?
10. What significance does Leeming attribute to Delphi?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)