|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What forms does Leeming say the heroes' guides will take?
(b) Wise men or fairy godmothers.
(c) Step-parents or stepsiblings.
(d) Animal spirits and stars.
2. Who sent the angel who called Moses to his quest?
3. Who does Leeming say Theseus' parents were?
(a) A goddess and a hunter.
(b) A river nymph and a god.
(c) A wood nymph and a mortal woman.
(d) A supernatural spirit and a mortal woman.
4. What does Leeming say the Tree of Knowledge in the Hebraic myth foreshadows?
(a) The apotheosis of Christ.
(b) The cross of Christ.
(c) The loss of the Holy Land.
(d) The return to the Holy Land.
5. How old was Joan of Arc when she first heart supernatural voices?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the temple at Delphi a microcosm for in Leeming's account?
2. How does Leeming describe Delphi?
3. What does Leeming mean by the term 'monomyth'?
4. How did King Arthur assume the throne?
5. What was the young girl in the Water Jar Boy myth doing when she got pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Leeming say that heroes tend to be born?
2. What does Leeming see places and objects as metaphors for?
3. How does Leeming describe the myth of Gilgamesh?
4. What significance does Leeming attribute to places and objects?
5. How does Leeming define the hero?
6. How does Leeming describe the myth of Oedipus?
7. What mythic significance does Leeming say European cathedrals have?
8. What significance does Leeming attribute to trees in myth?
9. What does Leeming say the Mountain represents in myth?
10. How does Leeming define the term monomyth?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)