|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the stone represents in the King Arthur and Theseus myths?
(c) The populace.
(d) A womb.
2. From where does Leeming take the term "monomyth?"
(a) T. S. Eliot.
(b) Ezra Pound.
(c) James Joyce.
(d) Gertrude Stein.
3. How does Leeming describe Delphi?
(a) As a place of exile.
(b) As a sacred precinct.
(c) As a meeting place.
(d) As a city.
4. What happened after Moses refused the call to his quest?
(a) He was converted.
(b) He was threatened.
(c) He was swallowed by a whale.
(d) He lost everything he owned.
5. What does Leeming say the Aboriginal myth of the Pleiades resembles?
(a) The Sumerian myth of the huntress.
(b) The Native American myth of the seven sisters.
(c) The Norse myth of the apocalypse.
(d) The Greek tale of the priestesses of Artemis being turned into stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming say Krishna is seen in Indian culture?
2. What does Leeming say the Norse tree of life represents?
3. Who does Leeming say Theseus' parents were?
4. What does Leeming say urged the Buddha into action?
5. Who tempts Gilgamesh in the myth?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)