|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of year does the time when heroes are born correspond to?
2. What does Leeming say each place or object has in myth?
(a) Unconscious significance.
(b) An archetypal significance.
(c) Dual meanings.
(d) Possible significance.
3. What is the temple at Delphi a microcosm for in Leeming's account?
(a) The universe.
(b) The Olympic temples.
(c) The heavens.
(d) The city.
4. What was the young girl in the Water Jar Boy myth doing when she got pregnant?
(a) Washing clothing.
(b) Picking flowers in a field.
(c) Mixing clay.
5. Where does Leeming say Moses was called?
(a) The desert.
(b) The Red Sea.
(d) The Holy Land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say places and objects represent in myths?
2. Who tempts Gilgamesh in the myth?
3. What does Leeming say places and objects are associated with in myth?
4. Who attempted to convince the Trojans to accept the wooden horse?
5. What does Leeming say Oedipus was on a quest for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leeming say describe the most important aspect of the hero's myth?
2. What mythic significance does Leeming say European cathedrals have?
3. What significance does Leeming attribute to Delphi?
4. How does Leeming describe the hero Herakles?
5. What does Leeming say about the importance of death and resurrection in hero stories?
6. What significance does Leeming attribute to the labyrinth in myth?
7. How does Leeming describe the significance of Jerusalem?
8. What does Leeming say the fall of a city represents?
9. What significance does Leeming attribute to trees in myth?
10. Where does Leeming see images of the Great Mother in cathedrals?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)