|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did King Arthur assume the throne?
(a) He pulled the sword from the stone.
(b) He killed his father and married his mother.
(c) He killed the usurper who had taken his father's life.
(d) He worked as a woman for 12 years.
2. Where does Leeming say the garden, grove, and cave derive their sanctity?
(a) Their darkness.
(b) Their remoteness from daily human experience.
(c) Their relationship with the Great Mother.
(d) Their special and different set of rules.
3. Who does Leeming say Theseus' parents were?
(a) A wood nymph and a mortal woman.
(b) A river nymph and a god.
(c) A supernatural spirit and a mortal woman.
(d) A goddess and a hunter.
4. How does Leeming describe Delphi?
(a) As a meeting place.
(b) As a sacred precinct.
(c) As a city.
(d) As a place of exile.
5. What does Leeming say happened when the Greek soldiers came out of the wooden horse and captured Troy?
(a) A new age of the world was initiated.
(b) Greek enemies everywhere lost hope.
(c) The cosmos was turned to chaos.
(d) The gigantomachy was avenged.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming describe the sanctity of the garden, grove, and cave?
2. What does Leeming say the garden, grove, and cave can be ideal places for?
3. What element does Leeming say the Water Jar Boy myth contains?
4. What was the young girl in the Water Jar Boy myth doing when she got pregnant?
5. What does Leeming say the Aboriginal myth of the Pleiades resembles?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)