|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of year does the time when heroes are born correspond to?
2. What does Leeming say the Norse tree of life represents?
(b) Knowledge and Wisdom.
(d) Death and resurrection.
3. How old was Joan of Arc when she first heart supernatural voices?
4. Where does Leeming say Moses was called?
(a) The Red Sea.
(c) The desert.
(d) The Holy Land.
5. What does Leeming say urged the Buddha into action?
(a) A war.
(b) The lotus flower.
(c) His parents.
(d) The four signs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the story of the Pleiades typically illustrates?
2. What does Leeming say the stone represents in the King Arthur and Theseus myths?
3. What tale does Leeming describe as the epitome of the story of the loss of genitals?
4. How does Leeming say Krishna is seen in Indian culture?
5. What was Hiawatha's quest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What significance does Leeming attribute to the labyrinth in myth?
2. What significance does Leeming attribute to Delphi?
3. Where does Leeming see images of the Great Mother in cathedrals?
4. What significance does Leeming attribute to places and objects?
5. What is the Water Jar Boy myth?
6. What is significant in the story of Teiresias, in Leeming's description?
7. What significance does Leeming attribute to trees in myth?
8. How does Leeming describe the myth of Oedipus?
9. When does Leeming say that heroes tend to be born?
10. How does Leeming describe the myth of Moses?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)