|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming say Krishna is seen in Indian culture?
(a) As a god.
(b) As a god but also human.
(c) As an eternal principle.
(d) As a prophet.
2. What symbols in churches does Leeming say represent the Great Mother?
(a) Stained glass windows.
(b) Baptismal fonts.
(d) Flying buttresses.
3. What does Leeming say the myth of Gilgamesh represents?
(a) The quest for eternal youth.
(b) The perfection of human language in art.
(c) The fulfillment of human nature in death.
(d) The quest for redemption.
4. What forms does Leeming say the heroes' guides will take?
(a) Step-parents or stepsiblings.
(c) Wise men or fairy godmothers.
(d) Animal spirits and stars.
5. What does Leeming say the Bethel stone represents?
(a) The gates of heaven.
(b) The origin of life.
(c) The center of the earth.
(d) The ancestors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say most myths are like in their nature?
2. What element does Leeming say the Water Jar Boy myth contains?
3. Where does Leeming say Moses was called?
4. What does Leeming say each place or object has in myth?
5. What does Leeming say the sword represents in the King Arthur and Theseus myths?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)