|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tempts Gilgamesh in the myth?
2. When was the story of Gilgamesh likely composed?
(a) 900 CE.
(b) 2000 BCE.
(c) 1,500 BCE.
(d) 1,000 BCE.
3. What does Leeming say most myths are like in their nature?
4. What forms does Leeming say the heroes' guides will take?
(a) Step-parents or stepsiblings.
(c) Animal spirits and stars.
(d) Wise men or fairy godmothers.
5. Why does Leeming say trees are often sacred symbols?
(a) Because the sacred tree's roots reach to the center of the earth.
(b) Because the tree loses its leaves but grows them back.
(c) Because the tree can provide for so many needs.
(d) Because the tree is the heart of so many of men's tools.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming mean by the term 'monomyth'?
2. How does Leeming say the hero's quest typically begins?
3. How does Leeming say Krishna is seen in Indian culture?
4. What sign does Leeming say started Moses' myth?
5. How old was Joan of Arc when she first heart supernatural voices?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)