|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Leeming's account, why are temples and cities founded on mountains?
(a) Because they gain status when devotees have to bring water and food.
(b) Because can see the weather and visitors coming.
(c) Because they can be defended better there.
(d) Because they are closest to the Supreme Being there.
2. Who does Leeming say Theseus' parents were?
(a) A supernatural spirit and a mortal woman.
(b) A wood nymph and a mortal woman.
(c) A river nymph and a god.
(d) A goddess and a hunter.
3. When does Leeming say heroes tend to be born?
(a) Half a generation after tyrants or pests.
(b) When they are most needed.
(c) When the world is dying.
(d) In spring.
4. What forms does Leeming say the heroes' guides will take?
(a) Wise men or fairy godmothers.
(b) Step-parents or stepsiblings.
(c) Animal spirits and stars.
5. What does Leeming say most myths are like in their nature?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say Christ's cross and Odin and Attis' sacred trees represent?
2. What does Leeming say happened when the Greek soldiers came out of the wooden horse and captured Troy?
3. What does Leeming say urged the Buddha into action?
4. What finally created the human baby in the Water Jar Boy myth?
5. How does Leeming say Buddha was conceived?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)