|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the temple at Delphi represents?
(a) Divine inspiration.
(b) Karmic revisitation of sins.
(c) Feminine nature.
(d) Prophetic arts.
2. What does Leeming say the loss of genitals represents in myth?
(a) Planting a seed in the womb of the Great Mother.
(b) Loss of a culture's integrity.
(c) Gaining second sight.
(d) Domination by ideas.
3. What does Leeming say heroes like Karna and Buddha have because of their miraculous births?
(a) Pure hearts.
(c) Adult qualities, even in their innocence.
(d) Multiple languages.
4. What does Leeming say European temples are meant to represent?
(a) The marriage between the hero and the mother-wife.
(b) The incarnation of the divinity.
(c) The expression of a divine law or idea.
(d) The relationship between worshiper and spirit.
5. Where does Leeming say heroes typically find their foes?
(a) In their wives.
(b) In their families.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) In the underworld.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say happened when the Greek soldiers came out of the wooden horse and captured Troy?
2. What does Leeming say the fall of a city represents in myth?
3. What does Leeming say that mountain represents as a sacred place?
4. What does Leeming say urged the Buddha into action?
5. What symbols in churches does Leeming say represent the Great Mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leeming say the fall of a city represents?
2. How does Leeming describe the hero Herakles?
3. What does Leeming say the Mountain represents in myth?
4. When does Leeming say that heroes tend to be born?
5. What is significant in the story of Teiresias, in Leeming's description?
6. How does Leeming define the term monomyth?
7. How does Leeming describe the myth of Oedipus?
8. How does Leeming describe the significance of Jerusalem?
9. How does Leeming describe the myth of King Arthur?
10. What mythic significance does Leeming say European cathedrals have?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)