|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What opposition does Leeming say King Arthur faced in assuming his quest?
(a) Opponents believed he was not fit to reign.
(b) His knights seduce his wife.
(c) His knights were not worthy.
(d) His subjects rebel.
2. What forms does Leeming say the heroes' guides will take?
(b) Wise men or fairy godmothers.
(c) Animal spirits and stars.
(d) Step-parents or stepsiblings.
3. What happened after Moses refused the call to his quest?
(a) He was converted.
(b) He lost everything he owned.
(c) He was swallowed by a whale.
(d) He was threatened.
4. What does Leeming say the hero does with the things the hero attains in heroic feats?
(a) Renew culture from death.
(b) Redeem sinners.
(c) Found new nations.
(d) Share them with the people.
5. What finally created the human baby in the Water Jar Boy myth?
(a) The water jar was filled with water.
(b) The water jar turned into a boy.
(c) The water jar the girl gave birth to broke.
(d) The flowers turned into a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose story does Leeming cite as evidence of the story of the fall of a great city?
2. How does Leeming say most people celebrate Jerusalem?
3. How does Leeming describe Antigone's quest?
4. Who sent the serpents that devoured the character who warned the Trojans not to accept the Greeks' wooden horse?
5. What does Leeming say the Bethel stone represents?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Leeming say that heroes tend to be born?
2. What significance does Leeming attribute to the labyrinth in myth?
3. How does Leeming describe the myth of Gilgamesh?
4. How does Leeming describe the hero Herakles?
5. How does Leeming define the hero?
6. How does Leeming describe the fall of Troy?
7. How does Leeming describe the myth of Moses?
8. What is significant in the story of Teiresias, in Leeming's description?
9. How does Leeming describe the myth of King Arthur?
10. What significance does Leeming attribute to rocks in myth?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)