|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say a monomyth consists of?
(a) Elements that may or may not be acted out by each hero.
(b) A timeless framework of experiences and triumphs.
(c) A single heroic identity.
(d) A protagonist and an antagonist.
2. What does Leeming say heroes like Karna and Buddha have because of their miraculous births?
(b) Adult qualities, even in their innocence.
(c) Pure hearts.
(d) Multiple languages.
3. What qualities does Leeming say Hercules shares with many heroes?
(a) He was childlike but wise.
(b) He was a buffoon but he was put to use in dangerous tasks.
(c) He did not have control over his impulses, but he was very strong and honest.
(d) He was mortally threatened at a young age and lived to overcome danger.
4. How does Leeming say Krishna is seen in Indian culture?
(a) As a prophet.
(b) As an eternal principle.
(c) As a god.
(d) As a god but also human.
5. Where does Leeming say heroes typically find their foes?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In the underworld.
(c) In their families.
(d) In their wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened after Moses refused the call to his quest?
2. Who attempted to convince the Trojans to accept the wooden horse?
3. What does Leeming say the myth of Gilgamesh represents?
4. How did King Arthur assume the throne?
5. What does Leeming say each place or object has in myth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leeming describe the fall of Troy?
2. How does Leeming describe the myth of King Arthur?
3. When does Leeming say that heroes tend to be born?
4. What does Leeming say the fall of a city represents?
5. What traits does Leeming describe in heroes?
6. What significance does Leeming attribute to trees in myth?
7. How does Leeming describe the significance of Jerusalem?
8. What does Leeming say the Mountain represents in myth?
9. What significance does Leeming attribute to places and objects?
10. How does Leeming describe the myth of Moses?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)