|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Leeming's account, why are temples and cities founded on mountains?
(a) Because they are closest to the Supreme Being there.
(b) Because they gain status when devotees have to bring water and food.
(c) Because can see the weather and visitors coming.
(d) Because they can be defended better there.
2. Whose advice did the Trojans ignore when they decided to accept the Greeks' wooden horse?
3. From where does Leeming take the term "monomyth?"
(a) Ezra Pound.
(b) T. S. Eliot.
(c) Gertrude Stein.
(d) James Joyce.
4. Who tempts Gilgamesh in the myth?
5. What does Leeming say heroes like Karna and Buddha have because of their miraculous births?
(a) Adult qualities, even in their innocence.
(b) Multiple languages.
(d) Pure hearts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose story does Leeming cite as evidence of the story of the fall of a great city?
2. What is the temple at Delphi a microcosm for in Leeming's account?
3. What does Leeming say most myths are like in their nature?
4. What does Leeming say the rocks in the stories of Jesus, Arthur, Mithras, and Isaac represent?
5. When was the story of Gilgamesh likely composed?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)