|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were the hieroglyphs made that contain the oldest myth Leeming cites?
(a) 2200-2000 BCE.
(b) 1800-1500 BCE.
(c) 3000-2200 BCE.
(d) 1500-1200 BCE.
2. Who does Leeming say introduced monotheism to Egyptian culture?
3. What other divine figure does Leeming say the main Norse god resembles?
4. Who is Frigg, in the Norse pantheon?
(a) The earth mother.
(b) The goddess of the hunt.
(c) Odin's wife.
(d) The goddess of cultivation.
5. When does Leeming say the Greek pantheon was adapted to Roman religion?
(a) 900-500 BCE.
(b) 300-100 BCE.
(c) 500-400 BCE.
(d) 600-400 BCE.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leeming say the Greek name Zeus comes from?
2. To whom does Leeming say the Egyptian god Isis corresponds in the Greek pantheon?
3. What does Leeming say was the primary difference between the Greek pantheon and the Roman pantheon?
4. How does Leeming say the Zeus and Hera represented humanity in Greek culture?
5. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Leeming say the figures of Supreme Beings came from in myths?
2. How does Leeming say the Romans altered the Greek pantheon?
3. How does Leeming describe the Greek pantheon as a family?
4. How does Leeming describe the Egyptian pantheon?
5. Describe the stages through which the Greek pantheon developed, in Leeming's account.
6. Who are the primary gods in the Egyptian pantheon?
7. How does Leeming define the gods?
8. How does Leeming describe the Hebrew pantheon?
9. How does Leeming define a "cosmogony" and what kinds of stories are contained in cosmogonies?
10. When does Leeming say the Egyptian creation myths were repeated?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)