|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which topic does not fall under cosmology?
(a) The meaning of life.
(b) The Great Flood.
2. Where is the first recorded creation myth from?
3. Which narrative is not an aspect of cosmogony?
(a) How the universe was developed.
(b) The fall from the state of perfection or grace.
(c) Explanation of natural phenomena.
(d) The creation of humankind.
4. How does Leeming say the Supreme Being is frequently characterized?
(a) As the sun.
(b) As the earth.
(c) As a snake.
(d) As a thunderbolt.
5. When were the Coffin Texts made?
(a) 2134-1660 BCE.
(b) 2134-1200 BCE.
(c) 3000-2134 BCE.
(d) 2134 BCE.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Leeming say the gods are metaphors?
2. What is a teleological reason for myth?
3. What does Leeming say the flood represents as a metaphor?
4. What does Leeming say happened to the figure of the Great Mother over time?
5. When were the hieroglyphs made that contain the oldest myth Leeming cites?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leeming define the gods?
2. Describe the Hebrew creation myth.
3. What relationship does Leeming describe between politics and religion in the myths of the Egyptian pantheon?
4. What stories or topics does Leeming include in the category of cosmic myths?
5. Where does Leeming say the figures of Supreme Beings came from in myths?
6. How does Leeming say the figure of the trickster?
7. Describe the first creation myth to originate in Egypt.
8. How does Leeming describe the Norse pantheon?
9. Who are the primary gods in the Egyptian pantheon?
10. What does Leeming say the Great Mother represents?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)