|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the end goal of human development in Hopi myth, in Leeming's account?
(a) Converting non-believers to the Hopi perspective.
(b) Winning glory for their god.
(c) Manifesting the divinity on earth.
(d) Growing into the light of the Sun God's power.
2. What does Leeming say the Supreme Being represents?
(a) The beginning and end of time.
(b) The embodiment of kingship.
(c) The possibility of redemption.
(d) The laws of creation.
3. How does Leeming describe Hopi culture?
(a) As patriarchal.
(b) As warlike.
(c) As communal.
(d) As matrilineal.
4. What does Leeming say was the primary difference between the Greek pantheon and the Roman pantheon?
(a) The Romans used the Greek pantheon to justify their wars.
(b) The Romans became more philosophical and contemplative about myths.
(c) The Romans placed more value on the practical results of myths.
(d) The Romans placed more value on the gods as personifications of abstractions.
5. Where is the first recorded creation myth from?
Short Answer Questions
1. The first recorded creation myth was part myth and part what else?
2. What evidence does Leeming cite to argue for a single matriarch at the beginning of the Greek pantheon?
3. How does Leeming define gods?
4. How does Leeming describe the trickster gods?
5. What does Leeming say happened to the figure of the Great Mother over time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leeming describe the Norse pantheon?
2. How does Leeming say that pantheons can be described?
3. Describe the first creation myth to originate in Egypt.
4. What does Leeming say the Great Mother represents?
5. Why does Leeming say that cosmogonies are predominantly feminine?
6. Describe the Mesopotamian creation myth.
7. Who are the primary gods in the Egyptian pantheon?
8. How does Leeming describe the Greek pantheon as a family?
9. How does Leeming say that cultures still worship the Great Mother?
10. How does Leeming describe the Greek pantheon?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)