|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
(a) As warlike.
(b) As communal.
(c) As matriarchal.
(d) As patrilineal.
2. What does Leeming say the Hebraic people's monotheistic god focused on?
(a) The sublimity of God.
(b) The importance of proselytizing.
(c) The dangers of disobeying God.
(d) The importance of being on a mission.
3. Where does Leeming say the Greek name Zeus comes from?
(a) The Persian for power.
(b) The Sanskrit for light or day.
(c) The Egyptian for thunder.
(d) The Sumerian for death.
4. How does Leeming say the Greek pantheon differs from other pantheons?
(a) The Greek gods were imposed on cultures Greeks influenced.
(b) The Greek gods retained their local origins and cults.
(c) The Greek gods had a great number of human attributes.
(d) The Greek gods were not always more powerful than humans.
5. Why does Leeming say cultures give human form to Supreme Beings?
(a) Because a Supreme Being protects them from the night.
(b) Because they cannot express the sublimity of existence without giving it a human face.
(c) Because humans tend to see their virtues as outlasting them.
(d) Because they do not understand anything beyond human limitations.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming say earth religions still worship the Great Mother?
2. When does Leeming say the older Genesis text was likely composed?
3. What does Leeming say the Roman pantheon is rife with?
4. What does Leeming say suggests a desire to escape from earthly existence?
5. To whom does Leeming credit the adaptation of the Greek pantheon the Roman religion?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Leeming say that heroes tend to be born?
2. How does Leeming say that pantheons can be described?
3. What traits does Leeming describe in heroes?
4. What is the Water Jar Boy myth?
5. What parallels does Leeming say in the Aboriginal myth of the Pleiades?
6. How does Leeming define the term monomyth?
7. How does Leeming describe the Egyptian pantheon?
8. How does Leeming define the gods?
9. How does Leeming describe the myth of Moses?
10. What does Leeming say the Mountain represents in myth?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)