|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Frigg, in the Norse pantheon?
(a) The goddess of the hunt.
(b) The earth mother.
(c) Odin's wife.
(d) The goddess of cultivation.
2. What does Leeming say happened to the figure of the Great Mother over time?
(a) It acquired new faces.
(b) It became merely decorative.
(c) It lingered at the periphery of industrial culture.
(d) It lost significance.
3. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
(d) Free will.
4. What does Leeming say the Egyptian pantheon is centered on?
(b) The possibility of self-fulfillment.
(c) The balance between free will and fate.
(d) Death and resurrection.
5. Where does Leeming say the world originates in the Christian creation myth?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Book of the Dead made?
2. How does Leeming describe Hopi culture?
3. How does Leeming describe cosmogonies?
4. How does Leeming describe the trickster gods?
5. When were the Coffin Texts made?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leeming describe the Egyptian pantheon?
2. What does Leeming say the Great Mother represents?
3. Who are the primary gods in the Egyptian pantheon?
4. How does Leeming say that pantheons can be described?
5. How does Leeming define the gods?
6. What contribution does Leeming say Hesiod made to Greek creation myths?
7. Where does Leeming say the figures of Supreme Beings came from in myths?
8. How does Leeming say the figure of the trickster?
9. Describe the Indian creation myth.
10. Why does Leeming say that cosmogonies are predominantly feminine?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)