|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the New Testament book of Revelation likely composed?
(a) 51 CE.
(b) 110 CE.
(c) 33 BCE.
(d) 95 CE.
2. What does Leeming say happened to the figure of the Great Mother over time?
(a) It acquired new faces.
(b) It lingered at the periphery of industrial culture.
(c) It became merely decorative.
(d) It lost significance.
3. Who was the oldest divine being in the Greek pantheon?
4. What is an ontological reason for myth?
(a) To compensate for the loss of instinct.
(b) To understand the goal of existence.
(c) To understand existence.
(d) To beautify existence.
5. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Greco-Roman Pantheon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the various versions of the Egyptian creation myth Leeming cites revolve around?
2. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
3. What is the creation myth called in Mesopotamia?
4. What is a teleological reason for myth?
5. What evidence does Leeming cite to argue for a single matriarch at the beginning of the Greek pantheon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leeming describe the Hebrew pantheon?
2. Where does Leeming say the figures of Supreme Beings came from in myths?
3. How does Leeming describe the myth of King Arthur?
4. What traits does Leeming describe in heroes?
5. Describe the Christian creation myth.
6. What does Leeming say the fall of a city represents?
7. What significance does Leeming attribute to Delphi?
8. How does Leeming describe the Greek pantheon as a family?
9. Describe the first creation myth to originate in Egypt.
10. Where does Leeming see images of the Great Mother in cathedrals?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)