|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reconciliation does Leeming say the Greeks' creation myths described?
(a) The reconciliation between male and female principles.
(b) The reconciliation between warring brothers.
(c) The reconciliation between warring fathers and sons.
(d) The reconciliation between ancient and modern ideas.
2. For what does Leeming say the gods are metaphors?
(a) Earth, wind, water and fire.
(b) Elements of society, as well as human emotions.
(c) The collective unconscious.
(d) Timeless laws of the universe.
3. What does Leeming say ancient cultures realized through cosmogonies?
(a) That the world's spirit pervades all forms.
(b) That culture survives the deaths of its members.
(c) That death is ubiquitous in life.
(d) That the Great Mother makes all life possible.
4. What evidence does Leeming cite that suggests the presence of whites in Africa?
(a) Bumba speaks a foreign language.
(b) Bumba subjugates other tribes.
(c) Bumba has new ways of doing things.
(d) Bumba is white.
5. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
(a) Re or Atun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the gods function as in myth?
2. Who does Leeming say is the main god in the Norse pantheon?
3. What does Leeming say the Great Mother personifies?
4. How does Leeming describe the trickster gods?
5. Where is the Norse pantheon first described in writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Supreme Being represents in myths?
2. How does Leeming say that cultures still worship the Great Mother?
3. What does Leeming say the Great Mother represents?
4. How does Leeming define the cosmic myth?
5. Describe the Hebrew creation myth.
6. How does Leeming say the figure of the trickster?
7. When does Leeming say the Egyptian creation myths were repeated?
8. How do different cultures describe the Apocalypse?
9. Where does Leeming say the figures of Supreme Beings came from in myths?
10. How does Leeming describe the Egyptian pantheon?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)