|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose advice did the Trojans ignore when they decided to accept the Greeks' wooden horse?
2. Where does Leeming say Moses was called?
(a) The Red Sea.
(b) The desert.
(c) The Holy Land.
3. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Meso-American pantheon?
4. How does Leeming define cosmic myth?
(a) Myths that define the constellations.
(b) Myths that explain the location of different stars.
(c) Myths that define the order of the world.
(d) Myths that define the history of the earth.
5. How does Leeming say the Chinese describe the flood?
(a) As a way to purge a preliminary form of humanity.
(b) As a way to help cultivate the earth.
(c) As a punishment for sins against the gods.
(d) As an attempt to avert a war against the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say Oedipus was on a quest for?
2. What does Leeming say the myth of Gilgamesh represents?
3. How does Leeming say Krishna is seen in Indian culture?
4. What evidence does Leeming cite to argue for a single matriarch at the beginning of the Greek pantheon?
5. How does Leeming define gods?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)