|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say Oedipus was on a quest for?
2. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
3. What does Leeming say that Galahad found in the Chapel Perilous?
(a) King Arthur.
(b) A giant.
(c) The Holy Grail.
(d) Sir Lancelot and Guinevere.
4. What does Leeming say about the birth of God?
(a) Leeming says that gods can only be born of virgins.
(b) Leeming says that in almost every myth, God is born of a holy Mother.
(c) Leeming says that gods are born from almost everything in existence.
(d) Leeming says that there is only one God, and he was born of the Virgin Mary.
5. How does Leeming say Buddha was conceived?
(a) He was conceived first as a snake.
(b) He was conceived by the sky god.
(c) He created himself through his mother's dreams.
(d) He was a normal human baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the story of the Pleiades typically illustrates?
2. For what does Leeming say the struggle among gods in the Egyptian pantheon is a metaphor?
3. What symbols in churches does Leeming say represent the Great Mother?
4. Whose advice did the Trojans ignore when they decided to accept the Greeks' wooden horse?
5. What is an ontological reason for myth?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)