|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Hebrew creation myth was concerned with?
(a) The role of humanity in the universe.
(b) The indifference of the creator to his creation.
(c) The possibility of justice in dealings with people.
(d) The morality of human beings.
2. How does Leeming describe the significance of the city?
(a) It is a microcosm for the social universe.
(b) It is an expression of the divine plan.
(c) It is humanity's stand against chaos.
(d) It depends on agriculture, but does not grow anything.
3. What does Leeming say was the primary difference between the Greek pantheon and the Roman pantheon?
(a) The Romans placed more value on the gods as personifications of abstractions.
(b) The Romans placed more value on the practical results of myths.
(c) The Romans became more philosophical and contemplative about myths.
(d) The Romans used the Greek pantheon to justify their wars.
4. When was the Book of the Dead made?
(a) 1400 CE.
(b) 2134 BCE.
(c) 1550 BCE.
(d) 1200 CE.
5. What is the end goal of human development in Hopi myth, in Leeming's account?
(a) Growing into the light of the Sun God's power.
(b) Manifesting the divinity on earth.
(c) Winning glory for their god.
(d) Converting non-believers to the Hopi perspective.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of year does the time when heroes are born correspond to?
2. During whose reign was the first creation myth recorded, according to Leeming?
3. Why does Leeming say the hero sometimes refuses the quest?
4. What does Leeming say the Supreme Being represents?
5. When were creation myths repeated in the culture that created the oldest myth Leeming cites?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)