|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tempts Gilgamesh in the myth?
2. What happened after Moses refused the call to his quest?
(a) He was threatened.
(b) He was swallowed by a whale.
(c) He was converted.
(d) He lost everything he owned.
3. What does Leeming say the garden, grove, and cave can be ideal places for?
(a) Murders and secret rites.
(b) Withdrawal for meditation.
(c) Political plots and coups.
(d) Love affairs.
4. What does Leeming say the Supreme Being represents?
(a) The beginning and end of time.
(b) The possibility of redemption.
(c) The laws of creation.
(d) The embodiment of kingship.
5. How does Leeming describe the significance of the city?
(a) It is humanity's stand against chaos.
(b) It is an expression of the divine plan.
(c) It depends on agriculture, but does not grow anything.
(d) It is a microcosm for the social universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leeming say parallels Lucifer in the Norse pantheon?
2. What does Leeming say the labyrinth represents?
3. What does Leeming say the Hebrew creation myth was concerned with?
4. To whom does Leeming say the Egyptian god Isis corresponds in the Greek pantheon?
5. What does Leeming say the flood represents as a metaphor?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)