|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming describe the Greek people's pantheon?
(a) As a divine family.
(b) As a system of checks and balances.
(c) As a nationalization of local gods.
(d) As a set of gods cobbled together into a narrative.
2. Who does Leeming say parallels Lucifer in the Norse pantheon?
3. In what way does Leeming say that Jerusalem is an unusual city?
(a) It is at the center of the ancient world.
(b) It was conquered and reconquered frequently.
(c) It was a sacred place to Jews, Muslims, and Christians.
(d) It resisted conquest for thousands of years.
4. What does Leeming say Horus represents, in the Egyptian pantheon?
(a) The rebirth of the earth after winter.
(b) The rage of war.
(c) The playful nature of fate.
(d) The spiritual force governing the Pharaoh.
5. How does Leeming say the Supreme Being is frequently characterized?
(a) As a snake.
(b) As a thunderbolt.
(c) As the sun.
(d) As the earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leeming say Jerusalem represents?
2. How does Leeming say Buddha was conceived?
3. Who was the oldest divine being in the Greek pantheon?
4. Why mystery does Leeming address with regard to human creation?
5. What does Leeming say ancient cultures realized through cosmogonies?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)