|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming describe cosmogonies?
(a) As prophetic.
(b) As sacramental.
(c) As ritual.
(d) As nostalgic.
2. What does Leeming say ancient cultures realized through cosmogonies?
(a) That culture survives the deaths of its members.
(b) That death is ubiquitous in life.
(c) That the Great Mother makes all life possible.
(d) That the world's spirit pervades all forms.
3. How does Leeming describe the trickster gods?
(a) As half-goat.
(b) As gods of craft as well.
(c) As young and unmarried.
(d) As male and promiscuous.
4. How does Leeming say Krishna is seen in Indian culture?
(a) As a prophet.
(b) As an eternal principle.
(c) As a god.
(d) As a god but also human.
5. What is cosmogony?
(a) Myth of beautification.
(b) Myth of creation.
(c) Myth of the beginning of humanity.
(d) Myth of the end of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say had to happen before the Olympian gods could reign in the Greek pantheon?
2. How does Leeming define the hero?
3. Where does Leeming say the Great Mother began to play a role over time?
4. What does Leeming say the Great Mother represents?
5. What does Leeming say the labyrinth represents?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)