|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sign does Leeming say started Moses' myth?
(a) The burning bush.
(b) The ten commandments.
(c) He saw God's backside.
(d) He heard an angel.
2. What symbols in churches does Leeming say represent the Great Mother?
(a) Stained glass windows.
(c) Baptismal fonts.
(d) Flying buttresses.
3. What tale does Leeming describe as the epitome of the story of the loss of genitals?
(a) The story of Medea.
(b) The story of Teiresias.
(c) The story of the Argonauts.
(d) The story of the Water Jar Boy.
4. What does Leeming say the Indian creation myths were concerned with?
(a) The ability of the human will to make moral decisions.
(b) The variety of forms the creator made.
(c) The emergence of the mind from nothingness.
(d) The insufficiency of the human mind to comprehending creation.
5. Whose advice did the Trojans ignore when they decided to accept the Greeks' wooden horse?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Leeming say trees are often sacred symbols?
2. How does Leeming say the Greek pantheon differs from other pantheons?
3. Where does Leeming say Moses was called?
4. Where does Leeming say the Greek name Zeus comes from?
5. Who does Leeming say Theseus' parents were?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)