|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say Jesus and Quetzalcoatl have in common?
(a) They were both reborn.
(b) They were both born of virgins.
(c) They were both divine humans.
(d) They both preached love.
2. How does Leeming describe the sanctity of the garden, grove, and cave?
(a) As political.
(b) As divine.
(c) As feminine.
(d) As ancient.
3. Why does Leeming say cultures give human form to Supreme Beings?
(a) Because they do not understand anything beyond human limitations.
(b) Because humans tend to see their virtues as outlasting them.
(c) Because a Supreme Being protects them from the night.
(d) Because they cannot express the sublimity of existence without giving it a human face.
4. Why does Leeming say trees are often sacred symbols?
(a) Because the tree loses its leaves but grows them back.
(b) Because the tree can provide for so many needs.
(c) Because the tree is the heart of so many of men's tools.
(d) Because the sacred tree's roots reach to the center of the earth.
5. What does Leeming say the Hebraic people's monotheistic god focused on?
(a) The sublimity of God.
(b) The importance of proselytizing.
(c) The importance of being on a mission.
(d) The dangers of disobeying God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose child is Horus, in the Egyptian pantheon?
2. How does Leeming describe the significance of the city?
3. When was the story of Gilgamesh likely composed?
4. How does Leeming say earth religions still worship the Great Mother?
5. Which narrative is not an aspect of cosmogony?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)