|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Meso-American pantheon?
2. Who does Leeming say is the main god in the Norse pantheon?
3. What does Leeming say about cosmogonies?
(a) That they are typically linear narratives.
(b) That they are typically moral.
(c) That they are typically allegorical.
(d) That they are typically female.
4. What problem or question does Leeming say cultures were addressing in cosmogonies?
(a) The question of how man rose to the summit of power over nature.
(b) The question of why men are stronger than women are.
(c) The question of how life forms evolved and differentiated.
(d) The question of birth from nothing.
5. How does Leeming say the Greek pantheon differs from other pantheons?
(a) The Greek gods were not always more powerful than humans.
(b) The Greek gods were imposed on cultures Greeks influenced.
(c) The Greek gods had a great number of human attributes.
(d) The Greek gods retained their local origins and cults.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say urged the Buddha into action?
2. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
3. Who attempted to convince the Trojans to accept the wooden horse?
4. What does Leeming say the myth of Gilgamesh represents?
5. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)