|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a teleological reason for myth?
(a) To understand the nature of language.
(b) To understand the cause and purpose of existence.
(c) To compensate for the loss of instinct.
(d) To understand the origins of existence.
2. Which topic does not fall under cosmology?
(b) The meaning of life.
(d) The Great Flood.
3. Which narrative is not an aspect of cosmogony?
(a) Explanation of natural phenomena.
(b) The creation of humankind.
(c) How the universe was developed.
(d) The fall from the state of perfection or grace.
4. How does Leeming say the Supreme Being is frequently characterized?
(a) As a snake.
(b) As the earth.
(c) As the sun.
(d) As a thunderbolt.
5. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
(d) Free will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Tree of Knowledge in the Hebraic myth foreshadows?
2. What does Leeming say Cuchulain had upon his birth?
3. How many gods and goddesses comprised the Greek pantheon?
4. What does Leeming say Jesus and Quetzalcoatl have in common?
5. Where does Leeming say the Great Mother began to play a role over time?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)