|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming say the hero's quest typically begins?
(a) The hero leaves home.
(b) The hero is challenged by an opponent.
(c) The hero is called into action.
(d) The hero discovers a special power.
2. Where is the Norse pantheon first described in writing?
(a) Tacitus' Germania.
(b) The Nibelungenleid.
(c) The Kalevala.
(d) The Elder and Younger Eddas.
3. Where does Leeming say heroes typically find their foes?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In their wives.
(c) In the underworld.
(d) In their families.
4. How does Leeming describe the sanctity of the garden, grove, and cave?
(a) As divine.
(b) As ancient.
(c) As feminine.
(d) As political.
5. During whose reign was the first creation myth recorded, according to Leeming?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose advice did the Trojans ignore when they decided to accept the Greeks' wooden horse?
2. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Meso-American pantheon?
3. How did King Arthur assume the throne?
4. How does Leeming describe the Greek people's pantheon?
5. Whom does Leeming say parallels the serpent in the Christian garden in the Norse pantheon?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)