|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Tree of Knowledge in the Hebraic myth foreshadows?
(a) The apotheosis of Christ.
(b) The return to the Holy Land.
(c) The cross of Christ.
(d) The loss of the Holy Land.
2. How many gods and goddesses comprised the Greek pantheon?
3. What does Leeming say the hero attains in heroic feats?
(a) New crafts and techniques.
(b) Wealth and status.
(d) New powers and knowledge.
4. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Meso-American pantheon?
5. What does Leeming say had to happen before the Olympian gods could reign in the Greek pantheon?
(a) The flood.
(b) Humans had to offer their worship.
(c) The Olympian gods had to create humans.
(d) Two dynasties of gods had to be overthrown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Supreme Being represents?
2. To whom does Leeming credit the adaptation of the Greek pantheon the Roman religion?
3. How does Leeming say the hero's quest typically begins?
4. What does Leeming say Oedipus was on a quest for?
5. In Leeming's account, how did the Hopi create their creation myth?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)