|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Indian creation myths were concerned with?
(a) The insufficiency of the human mind to comprehending creation.
(b) The emergence of the mind from nothingness.
(c) The variety of forms the creator made.
(d) The ability of the human will to make moral decisions.
2. What finally created the human baby in the Water Jar Boy myth?
(a) The water jar turned into a boy.
(b) The water jar the girl gave birth to broke.
(c) The flowers turned into a baby.
(d) The water jar was filled with water.
3. To whom does Leeming credit the adaptation of the Greek pantheon the Roman religion?
(a) The Trojans.
(b) The Aolians.
(c) The Etruscans.
(d) The Syracusans.
4. During whose reign was the first creation myth recorded, according to Leeming?
5. What is the creation myth called in Mesopotamia?
(a) Re or Atun.
(c) The Gaia hypothesis.
(d) Enuma Elish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say most myths are like in their nature?
2. Where does Leeming say the Great Mother began to play a role over time?
3. Who does Leeming say introduced monotheism to Egyptian culture?
4. What does Leeming say gods are fighting for in the Egyptian pantheon?
5. What does Leeming say is important about dying gods?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)