|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is eschatology?
(a) The study of the end of time.
(b) The study of Supreme Beings.
(c) The study of prophecies.
(d) The study of fears.
2. How does Leeming say the hero's quest typically begins?
(a) The hero discovers a special power.
(b) The hero is challenged by an opponent.
(c) The hero is called into action.
(d) The hero leaves home.
3. Where does Leeming say heroes typically find their foes?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In the underworld.
(c) In their families.
(d) In their wives.
4. Where does Leeming say Moses was called?
(a) The desert.
(b) The Holy Land.
(c) The Red Sea.
5. Whose behavior does Leeming say explains the behavior of the Olympian gods in the Greek pantheon?
(a) The Persians'.
(b) The Etruscans'.
(c) The Egyptians'.
(d) The Greek ruling class'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem or question does Leeming say cultures were addressing in cosmogonies?
2. Whom does Leeming say parallels the serpent in the Christian garden in the Norse pantheon?
3. What does Leeming say the fall of a city represents in myth?
4. Which narrative is not an aspect of cosmogony?
5. The first recorded creation myth was part myth and part what else?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)