|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Leeming say heroes tend to be born?
(a) In spring.
(b) Half a generation after tyrants or pests.
(c) When they are most needed.
(d) When the world is dying.
2. Where does Leeming say the garden, grove, and cave derive their sanctity?
(a) Their remoteness from daily human experience.
(b) Their special and different set of rules.
(c) Their darkness.
(d) Their relationship with the Great Mother.
3. Where is the first recorded creation myth from?
4. What does Leeming say that mountain represents as a sacred place?
(a) The prophetic vision.
(b) The permanent presence of the forebears.
(c) The cosmic center.
(d) The end of history.
5. When was the story of Gilgamesh likely composed?
(a) 2000 BCE.
(b) 900 CE.
(c) 1,500 BCE.
(d) 1,000 BCE.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Leeming take the term "monomyth?"
2. For what does Leeming say the struggle among gods in the Egyptian pantheon is a metaphor?
3. Who does Leeming say Theseus' parents were?
4. What does Leeming say the Supreme Being represents?
5. What does Leeming say the city represents in myth?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)