|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming say earth religions still worship the Great Mother?
(a) In modern agriculture.
(b) In the form of nature.
(c) In the constellations.
(d) In the seasons.
2. For what does Leeming say the struggle among gods in the Egyptian pantheon is a metaphor?
(a) The human struggle against evil.
(b) The expansion of trade in the Mediterranean.
(c) Historical political and religious conflicts in 4,000 BCE.
(d) The invasion of Ethiopians in 2,200 BCE.
3. What was the young girl in the Water Jar Boy myth doing when she got pregnant?
(a) Mixing clay.
(c) Picking flowers in a field.
(d) Washing clothing.
4. What sign does Leeming say started Moses' myth?
(a) The ten commandments.
(b) He heard an angel.
(c) He saw God's backside.
(d) The burning bush.
5. What does Leeming say gods are fighting for in the Egyptian pantheon?
(b) Worship from humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why mystery does Leeming address with regard to human creation?
2. What problem or question does Leeming say cultures were addressing in cosmogonies?
3. Where is the Norse pantheon first described in writing?
4. What creation myth does Leeming say modern people favor?
5. For what does Leeming say the gods are metaphors?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)