|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say urged the Buddha into action?
(a) The lotus flower.
(b) His parents.
(c) A war.
(d) The four signs.
2. What happened after Moses refused the call to his quest?
(a) He was swallowed by a whale.
(b) He lost everything he owned.
(c) He was converted.
(d) He was threatened.
3. What does Leeming say the garden, grove, and cave can be ideal places for?
(a) Political plots and coups.
(b) Withdrawal for meditation.
(c) Murders and secret rites.
(d) Love affairs.
4. When does Leeming say heroes tend to be born?
(a) When they are most needed.
(b) Half a generation after tyrants or pests.
(c) When the world is dying.
(d) In spring.
5. Who does Leeming say parallels Lucifer in the Norse pantheon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say was the natural phenomenon at the heart of the Egyptian religion?
2. What do the various versions of the Egyptian creation myth Leeming cites revolve around?
3. How does Leeming say earth religions still worship the Great Mother?
4. What is eschatology?
5. What was Hiawatha's quest?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)