|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the gods function as in myth?
(d) Masks and metaphors.
2. Where is the first recorded creation myth from?
3. Where does Leeming say Jerusalem represents?
(a) The navel of the universe.
(b) The origin of the world.
(c) The Kingdom of God.
(d) The City on the Hill.
4. What reconciliation does Leeming say the Greeks' creation myths described?
(a) The reconciliation between warring fathers and sons.
(b) The reconciliation between warring brothers.
(c) The reconciliation between male and female principles.
(d) The reconciliation between ancient and modern ideas.
5. What does Leeming say dominates all myths?
(a) The concept of God and Goddess.
(b) The concept of redemption.
(c) The concept of creation from nothing.
(d) The concept of justice in the universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attempted to convince the Trojans to accept the wooden horse?
2. What does Leeming say the hero does with the things the hero attains in heroic feats?
3. What does Leeming say about cosmogonies?
4. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Meso-American pantheon?
5. What does Leeming say the Bethel stone represents?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)