|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why mystery does Leeming address with regard to human creation?
(a) Why humans see themselves as fundamentally flawed.
(b) Why humans created gods to justify their discontent.
(c) Why humans have to go through rituals to regain grace.
(d) Why humans fall from grace so quickly after being created by gods.
2. When does Leeming say the Greek pantheon was adapted to Roman religion?
(a) 600-400 BCE.
(b) 500-400 BCE.
(c) 900-500 BCE.
(d) 300-100 BCE.
3. When was the New Testament book of Revelation likely composed?
(a) 33 BCE.
(b) 51 CE.
(c) 95 CE.
(d) 110 CE.
4. What does Leeming say the Bethel stone represents?
(a) The ancestors.
(b) The origin of life.
(c) The center of the earth.
(d) The gates of heaven.
5. What does Leeming say is similar between the myths of Hiawatha and the Buddha?
(a) Both are related to divine knowledge.
(b) Both can be related to self-denial.
(c) Both involve flowers.
(d) Both conclude with an apotheosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leeming say heroes typically find their foes?
2. What problem or question does Leeming say cultures were addressing in cosmogonies?
3. Whose advice did the Trojans ignore when they decided to accept the Greeks' wooden horse?
4. What does Leeming mean by the term 'monomyth'?
5. What does Leeming say Horus represents, in the Egyptian pantheon?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)