|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What qualities does Leeming say Hercules shares with many heroes?
(a) He did not have control over his impulses, but he was very strong and honest.
(b) He was a buffoon but he was put to use in dangerous tasks.
(c) He was mortally threatened at a young age and lived to overcome danger.
(d) He was childlike but wise.
2. What happened after Moses refused the call to his quest?
(a) He was threatened.
(b) He lost everything he owned.
(c) He was converted.
(d) He was swallowed by a whale.
3. What does Leeming say the Tree of Knowledge in the Hebraic myth foreshadows?
(a) The cross of Christ.
(b) The return to the Holy Land.
(c) The loss of the Holy Land.
(d) The apotheosis of Christ.
4. When does Leeming say the older Genesis text was likely composed?
(a) 110 CE.
(b) 800 BCE.
(c) 950 BCE.
(d) 500 BCE.
5. What does Leeming say happened to the figure of the Great Mother over time?
(a) It acquired new faces.
(b) It lingered at the periphery of industrial culture.
(c) It lost significance.
(d) It became merely decorative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the flood represents as a metaphor?
2. What does Leeming say Jesus and Quetzalcoatl have in common?
3. What does Leeming say cosmogonies represent?
4. Whose child is Horus, in the Egyptian pantheon?
5. What problem or question does Leeming say cultures were addressing in cosmogonies?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)