|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming describe Hopi culture?
(a) As patriarchal.
(b) As matrilineal.
(c) As warlike.
(d) As communal.
2. What does Leeming say the Aboriginal myth of the Pleiades resembles?
(a) The Sumerian myth of the huntress.
(b) The Greek tale of the priestesses of Artemis being turned into stars.
(c) The Native American myth of the seven sisters.
(d) The Norse myth of the apocalypse.
3. What does Leeming say European temples are meant to represent?
(a) The incarnation of the divinity.
(b) The marriage between the hero and the mother-wife.
(c) The relationship between worshiper and spirit.
(d) The expression of a divine law or idea.
4. What element does Leeming say the Water Jar Boy myth contains?
(a) The search for the father.
(b) Redemption by penance.
(c) Death by water.
(d) Creation from nothing.
5. What does Leeming say the Great Mother represents?
(a) Creation and nourishment.
(b) Craft and teaching.
(c) Death and resurrection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leeming say is the main god in the Norse pantheon?
2. What is the end goal of human development in Hopi myth, in Leeming's account?
3. How does Leeming say the Chinese describe the flood?
4. Who sent the serpents that devoured the character who warned the Trojans not to accept the Greeks' wooden horse?
5. When does Leeming say heroes tend to be born?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)