|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leeming say heroes typically find their foes?
(a) In the underworld.
(b) In their wives.
(c) In their families.
(d) In the mountains.
2. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
(b) Re or Atun.
3. How does Bumba create the earth in Boshongo creation myth?
(a) He finds it.
(b) He vomits it.
(c) He excretes it.
(d) He fashions it from stone.
4. How do the Greeks explain the presence of winter?
(a) Demeter mourns for her daughter.
(b) Zeus bans fertility.
(c) Hera goes away on a trip.
(d) Hades conquers earth.
5. What does Leeming say myths describe with regard to individuals relating to the Supreme Being?
(a) Myths describe the innate unity of each individual with the Supreme Being.
(b) Myths describe the state of formless perfection alongside the Supreme Being.
(c) Myths describe the irreconcilable split that divides humans from the Supreme Being.
(d) Myths describe the rules that govern redemption and grace for humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming describe the sanctity of the garden, grove, and cave?
2. What does Leeming say Horus represents, in the Egyptian pantheon?
3. What does Leeming say was the primary difference between the Greek pantheon and the Roman pantheon?
4. What does Leeming say the stories of heroes who return or are reborn signify?
5. What does Leeming say places and objects are associated with in myth?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)