|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming define cosmic myth?
(a) Myths that explain the location of different stars.
(b) Myths that define the order of the world.
(c) Myths that define the constellations.
(d) Myths that define the history of the earth.
2. Where does Leeming say heroes typically find their foes?
(a) In their families.
(b) In the underworld.
(c) In their wives.
(d) In the mountains.
3. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
4. Where does Leeming say Moses was called?
(a) The desert.
(b) The Holy Land.
(d) The Red Sea.
5. How does Leeming say the Greeks thought of Delphi?
(a) As a business center.
(b) As a tourist destination.
(c) As the center of the world.
(d) As the center of Greek power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say beckoned to King Arthur's knights?
2. To whom does Leeming say the Egyptian god Isis corresponds in the Greek pantheon?
3. How does Leeming say Buddha was conceived?
4. What does Leeming say was the primary difference between the Greek pantheon and the Roman pantheon?
5. Who attempted to convince the Trojans to accept the wooden horse?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)