|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say places and objects represent in myths?
(a) The Great Mother.
(b) Ancestral origins.
(d) Actual places.
2. How does Leeming say the Greek pantheon differs from other pantheons?
(a) The Greek gods had a great number of human attributes.
(b) The Greek gods were imposed on cultures Greeks influenced.
(c) The Greek gods retained their local origins and cults.
(d) The Greek gods were not always more powerful than humans.
3. How does Leeming say the Chinese describe the flood?
(a) As a way to help cultivate the earth.
(b) As a punishment for sins against the gods.
(c) As an attempt to avert a war against the gods.
(d) As a way to purge a preliminary form of humanity.
4. What opposition does Leeming say King Arthur faced in assuming his quest?
(a) Opponents believed he was not fit to reign.
(b) His subjects rebel.
(c) His knights were not worthy.
(d) His knights seduce his wife.
5. Who does Leeming say introduced monotheism to Egyptian culture?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say happened when the Greek soldiers came out of the wooden horse and captured Troy?
2. What idea does Leeming say that icons within churches often reinforce?
3. What does Leeming say beckoned to King Arthur's knights?
4. What does Leeming say the myth of Gilgamesh represents?
5. Who attempted to convince the Trojans to accept the wooden horse?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)