|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were the Coffin Texts made?
(a) 2134-1200 BCE.
(b) 3000-2134 BCE.
(c) 2134 BCE.
(d) 2134-1660 BCE.
2. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
(a) Re or Atun.
3. What happened after Moses refused the call to his quest?
(a) He was swallowed by a whale.
(b) He was threatened.
(c) He lost everything he owned.
(d) He was converted.
4. What does Leeming say is consistent from one set of myths to another?
(a) Transcendent truths.
(b) Universal human concerns.
(c) Heroes and heroines.
(d) Monsters and angels.
5. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Meso-American pantheon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What finally created the human baby in the Water Jar Boy myth?
2. How does Leeming say the Zeus and Hera represented humanity in Greek culture?
3. Who is Frigg, in the Norse pantheon?
4. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
5. What does Leeming say is similar between the myths of Hiawatha and the Buddha?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)