|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Oedipus' birth, what did the oracle predict Oedipus would do?
(a) Found a new country.
(b) Institute an age of peace.
(c) Kill his father and marry his mother.
(d) Discover medicines.
2. Where does Leeming say the Greek name Zeus comes from?
(a) The Sanskrit for light or day.
(b) The Persian for power.
(c) The Egyptian for thunder.
(d) The Sumerian for death.
3. Who was the oldest divine being in the Greek pantheon?
4. What opposition does Leeming say King Arthur faced in assuming his quest?
(a) His knights seduce his wife.
(b) His knights were not worthy.
(c) Opponents believed he was not fit to reign.
(d) His subjects rebel.
5. Where does Leeming say the Great Mother began to play a role over time?
(a) In primitive culture.
(b) In folklore.
(c) In industrial religion.
(d) In modern art.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Leeming say cultures give human form to Supreme Beings?
2. Who does Leeming say Theseus' parents were?
3. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
4. What psychological experience does Leeming say is central to cosmogonies?
5. How does Leeming say Krishna is seen in Indian culture?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)