|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leeming say the world originates in the Christian creation myth?
2. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Meso-American pantheon?
3. What does Leeming say the Egyptian pantheon is centered on?
(a) Death and resurrection.
(b) The possibility of self-fulfillment.
(c) The balance between free will and fate.
4. How does Leeming describe the Greek people's pantheon?
(a) As a divine family.
(b) As a nationalization of local gods.
(c) As a system of checks and balances.
(d) As a set of gods cobbled together into a narrative.
5. What was the young girl in the Water Jar Boy myth doing when she got pregnant?
(a) Picking flowers in a field.
(c) Mixing clay.
(d) Washing clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What finally created the human baby in the Water Jar Boy myth?
2. What does Leeming say cosmogonies represent?
3. What other divine figure does Leeming say the main Norse god resembles?
4. Who tempts Gilgamesh in the myth?
5. At Oedipus' birth, what did the oracle predict Oedipus would do?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)