|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reconciliation does Leeming say the Greeks' creation myths described?
(a) The reconciliation between male and female principles.
(b) The reconciliation between warring fathers and sons.
(c) The reconciliation between warring brothers.
(d) The reconciliation between ancient and modern ideas.
2. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
(a) As a metaphor for birth.
(b) As a metaphor for maturity.
(c) As a metaphor for storytelling.
(d) As a metaphor for history.
3. How does Leeming define cosmology?
(a) The study of beauty aids.
(b) The study of the history of the heavens.
(c) The study of the structure of the universe.
(d) The scientific study of the universal order.
4. Who does Leeming say Theseus' parents were?
(a) A wood nymph and a mortal woman.
(b) A supernatural spirit and a mortal woman.
(c) A goddess and a hunter.
(d) A river nymph and a god.
5. When were the hieroglyphs made that contain the oldest myth Leeming cites?
(a) 1800-1500 BCE.
(b) 1500-1200 BCE.
(c) 2200-2000 BCE.
(d) 3000-2200 BCE.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the stories of heroes who return or are reborn signify?
2. How does Leeming describe the trickster gods?
3. How did King Arthur assume the throne?
4. How does Leeming say Krishna is seen in Indian culture?
5. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)