|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Great Mother represents?
(a) Death and resurrection.
(b) Craft and teaching.
(c) Creation and nourishment.
2. Where is the Norse pantheon first described in writing?
(a) Tacitus' Germania.
(b) The Nibelungenleid.
(c) The Kalevala.
(d) The Elder and Younger Eddas.
3. What is the creation myth called in Mesopotamia?
(a) Re or Atun.
(b) The Gaia hypothesis.
(d) Enuma Elish.
4. How does Leeming say the Supreme Being is frequently characterized?
(a) As the sun.
(b) As a snake.
(c) As the earth.
(d) As a thunderbolt.
5. How does Leeming describe Antigone's quest?
(a) As an attempt to express her human nature.
(b) As a fight against patriarchal culture.
(c) As an attempt to repent parental sins.
(d) As a fulfillment of prophecy.
Short Answer Questions
1. During whose reign was the first creation myth recorded, according to Leeming?
2. What does Leeming say Jesus and Quetzalcoatl have in common?
3. How does Leeming define cosmic myth?
4. What does Leeming say the Egyptian pantheon is centered on?
5. What does Leeming say ancient cultures realized through cosmogonies?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)