|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Leeming say the Greek pantheon was adapted to Roman religion?
(a) 300-100 BCE.
(b) 900-500 BCE.
(c) 500-400 BCE.
(d) 600-400 BCE.
2. What does Leeming say the gods function as in myth?
(c) Masks and metaphors.
3. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Meso-American pantheon?
4. How does Leeming define gods?
(a) They are projections of human dreams into enduring characters.
(b) They are manifestations of the collective unconscious.
(c) They are metaphors for human experiences.
(d) They are immortal beings who personify the transcendence of the laws of nature.
5. What does Leeming say the Indian creation myths were concerned with?
(a) The ability of the human will to make moral decisions.
(b) The variety of forms the creator made.
(c) The emergence of the mind from nothingness.
(d) The insufficiency of the human mind to comprehending creation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Leeming say the hero sometimes refuses the quest?
2. What is the end goal of human development in Hopi myth, in Leeming's account?
3. Where does Leeming say heroes typically find their foes?
4. During whose reign was the first creation myth recorded, according to Leeming?
5. What is the creation myth called in Mesopotamia?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)