|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leeming say heroes typically find their foes?
(a) In their wives.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) In their families.
(d) In the underworld.
2. Who does Leeming say parallels Lucifer in the Norse pantheon?
3. During whose reign was the first creation myth recorded, according to Leeming?
4. How does Leeming define cosmology?
(a) The study of the history of the heavens.
(b) The study of the structure of the universe.
(c) The scientific study of the universal order.
(d) The study of beauty aids.
5. How does Leeming describe the trickster gods?
(a) As male and promiscuous.
(b) As young and unmarried.
(c) As half-goat.
(d) As gods of craft as well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say cosmogonies represent?
2. What does Leeming say is similar between the myths of Hiawatha and the Buddha?
3. What does Leeming say the Supreme Being represents?
4. What does Leeming say had to happen before the Olympian gods could reign in the Greek pantheon?
5. What evidence does Leeming cite to argue for a single matriarch at the beginning of the Greek pantheon?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)