|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leeming say the Greek name Zeus comes from?
(a) The Persian for power.
(b) The Egyptian for thunder.
(c) The Sanskrit for light or day.
(d) The Sumerian for death.
2. What does Leeming say Cuchulain had upon his birth?
(a) All the powers he needed for his quest.
(b) A powerful family.
(c) A sword.
(d) Six fingers on each hand.
3. At Oedipus' birth, what did the oracle predict Oedipus would do?
(a) Discover medicines.
(b) Institute an age of peace.
(c) Found a new country.
(d) Kill his father and marry his mother.
4. Where does Leeming say Moses was called?
(b) The Red Sea.
(c) The desert.
(d) The Holy Land.
5. From where does Leeming take the term "monomyth?"
(a) James Joyce.
(b) Gertrude Stein.
(c) T. S. Eliot.
(d) Ezra Pound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the flood was for in Mayan culture?
2. Who does Leeming say introduced monotheism to Egyptian culture?
3. How does Leeming define cosmology?
4. What sign does Leeming say started Moses' myth?
5. What does Leeming say ancient cultures realized through cosmogonies?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)