|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened after Moses refused the call to his quest?
(a) He was swallowed by a whale.
(b) He was converted.
(c) He was threatened.
(d) He lost everything he owned.
2. Which topic does not fall under cosmology?
(a) The Great Flood.
(b) The meaning of life.
3. What does Leeming say was the natural phenomenon at the heart of the Egyptian religion?
(a) The death of each generation.
(b) The flooding of the Nile.
(c) The birth of new children each generation.
(d) The expansion of the desert.
4. What is an ontological reason for myth?
(a) To beautify existence.
(b) To compensate for the loss of instinct.
(c) To understand the goal of existence.
(d) To understand existence.
5. Whom does Leeming say parallels the serpent in the Christian garden in the Norse pantheon?
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Leeming take the term "monomyth?"
2. Where does Leeming say the world originates in the Christian creation myth?
3. What is cosmogony?
4. What does Leeming say Cuchulain had upon his birth?
5. How does Leeming describe Hopi culture?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)