|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Leeming credit the adaptation of the Greek pantheon the Roman religion?
(a) The Etruscans.
(b) The Trojans.
(c) The Aolians.
(d) The Syracusans.
2. What does Leeming say ancient cultures realized through cosmogonies?
(a) That the world's spirit pervades all forms.
(b) That the Great Mother makes all life possible.
(c) That death is ubiquitous in life.
(d) That culture survives the deaths of its members.
3. What does Leeming say about the birth of God?
(a) Leeming says that there is only one God, and he was born of the Virgin Mary.
(b) Leeming says that in almost every myth, God is born of a holy Mother.
(c) Leeming says that gods can only be born of virgins.
(d) Leeming says that gods are born from almost everything in existence.
4. What does Leeming say the Indian creation myths were concerned with?
(a) The variety of forms the creator made.
(b) The ability of the human will to make moral decisions.
(c) The emergence of the mind from nothingness.
(d) The insufficiency of the human mind to comprehending creation.
5. How does Leeming say Krishna is seen in Indian culture?
(a) As a god but also human.
(b) As an eternal principle.
(c) As a god.
(d) As a prophet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say suggests a desire to escape from earthly existence?
2. What does Leeming say the Hebrew creation myth was concerned with?
3. What is the creation myth called in Mesopotamia?
4. What does Leeming say is consistent from one set of myths to another?
5. How does Leeming define the hero?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)