|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say is consistent from one set of myths to another?
(a) Heroes and heroines.
(b) Transcendent truths.
(c) Universal human concerns.
(d) Monsters and angels.
2. What does Leeming say a monomyth consists of?
(a) A single heroic identity.
(b) Elements that may or may not be acted out by each hero.
(c) A timeless framework of experiences and triumphs.
(d) A protagonist and an antagonist.
3. How does Leeming describe Hopi culture?
(a) As patriarchal.
(b) As communal.
(c) As warlike.
(d) As matrilineal.
4. From where does Leeming take the term "monomyth?"
(a) James Joyce.
(b) Ezra Pound.
(c) T. S. Eliot.
(d) Gertrude Stein.
5. What psychological experience does Leeming say is central to cosmogonies?
(a) The rise of technology.
(b) The rise of nationalism from tribalism.
(c) The rise of consciousness from unconsciousness.
(d) The rise of industry from crafts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What element does Leeming say the Water Jar Boy myth contains?
2. The first recorded creation myth was part myth and part what else?
3. What does Leeming say is important about dying gods?
4. Who does Leeming say Theseus' parents were?
5. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)