|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say beckoned to King Arthur's knights?
(a) God's angel Gabriel.
(b) The burning bush.
(c) The Holy Grail.
(d) The maid of the lake.
2. When were the Coffin Texts made?
(a) 2134 BCE.
(b) 3000-2134 BCE.
(c) 2134-1660 BCE.
(d) 2134-1200 BCE.
3. What does Leeming say a monomyth consists of?
(a) A single heroic identity.
(b) A protagonist and an antagonist.
(c) Elements that may or may not be acted out by each hero.
(d) A timeless framework of experiences and triumphs.
4. Where is the Norse pantheon first described in writing?
(a) The Elder and Younger Eddas.
(b) The Kalevala.
(c) Tacitus' Germania.
(d) The Nibelungenleid.
5. Whose behavior does Leeming say explains the behavior of the Olympian gods in the Greek pantheon?
(a) The Egyptians'.
(b) The Greek ruling class'.
(c) The Etruscans'.
(d) The Persians'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an ontological reason for myth?
2. What does Leeming say the Indian creation myths were concerned with?
3. How does Leeming say the Chinese describe the flood?
4. The first recorded creation myth was part myth and part what else?
5. What does Leeming say the Egyptian pantheon is centered on?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)