|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Leeming say introduced monotheism to Egyptian culture?
2. What does Leeming say the stories of heroes who return or are reborn signify?
(a) The deathlessness of the imagination.
(b) The impossibility of transcendence.
(c) The presence of something beyond the mortal world.
(d) The nature of metaphor.
3. When were the hieroglyphs made that contain the oldest myth Leeming cites?
(a) 1800-1500 BCE.
(b) 1500-1200 BCE.
(c) 2200-2000 BCE.
(d) 3000-2200 BCE.
4. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
(a) As a metaphor for storytelling.
(b) As a metaphor for history.
(c) As a metaphor for birth.
(d) As a metaphor for maturity.
5. What does Leeming say the Supreme Being represents?
(a) The embodiment of kingship.
(b) The laws of creation.
(c) The possibility of redemption.
(d) The beginning and end of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say was the natural phenomenon at the heart of the Egyptian religion?
2. What does Leeming say the hero attains in heroic feats?
3. At Oedipus' birth, what did the oracle predict Oedipus would do?
4. Where does Leeming say the Greek name Zeus comes from?
5. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Meso-American pantheon?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)