|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first recorded creation myth was part myth and part what else?
(a) Celebration of the high Marduk.
(b) Wedding ode.
(c) Funeral dirge.
(d) Rite of passage.
2. Where does Leeming say the Greek name Zeus comes from?
(a) The Persian for power.
(b) The Sanskrit for light or day.
(c) The Sumerian for death.
(d) The Egyptian for thunder.
3. What does Leeming say Horus represents, in the Egyptian pantheon?
(a) The rage of war.
(b) The playful nature of fate.
(c) The spiritual force governing the Pharaoh.
(d) The rebirth of the earth after winter.
4. How does Leeming define cosmic myth?
(a) Myths that explain the location of different stars.
(b) Myths that define the history of the earth.
(c) Myths that define the order of the world.
(d) Myths that define the constellations.
5. What does Leeming say the Hebraic people's monotheistic god focused on?
(a) The dangers of disobeying God.
(b) The importance of proselytizing.
(c) The sublimity of God.
(d) The importance of being on a mission.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which narrative is not an aspect of cosmogony?
2. Where did the first creation story Leeming cites come from?
3. What is the creation myth called in Mesopotamia?
4. In Leeming's account, how did the Hopi create their creation myth?
5. What does Leeming say about cosmogonies?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)