|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming define gods?
(a) They are projections of human dreams into enduring characters.
(b) They are metaphors for human experiences.
(c) They are immortal beings who personify the transcendence of the laws of nature.
(d) They are manifestations of the collective unconscious.
2. What does Leeming say the gods function as in myth?
(b) Masks and metaphors.
3. Where did the first creation story Leeming cites come from?
4. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Greco-Roman Pantheon?
5. What does Leeming say the flood represents as a metaphor?
(a) The clean feeling after admitting wrong.
(b) Extreme guilt washing away with forgiveness.
(c) The cleansing effect of death on culture.
(d) The unconscious before experiencing rebirth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tempts Gilgamesh in the myth?
2. How does Leeming describe the trickster gods?
3. What does Leeming say cosmogonies represent?
4. What does Leeming say dominates all myths?
5. Where does Leeming say Moses was called?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)