|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Leeming say the oldest myth refers?
(a) Oceans where life first developed.
(b) Primeval gathering places or mounds that become fused with the sun.
(c) Plains where men sow seeds that unite earth and water.
(d) Caves where men are reunited with the earth.
2. What does Leeming say the myth of Gilgamesh represents?
(a) The quest for redemption.
(b) The quest for eternal youth.
(c) The fulfillment of human nature in death.
(d) The perfection of human language in art.
3. Whose behavior does Leeming say explains the behavior of the Olympian gods in the Greek pantheon?
(a) The Egyptians'.
(b) The Greek ruling class'.
(c) The Etruscans'.
(d) The Persians'.
4. What was Hiawatha's quest?
(a) Fending off monsters.
(b) Freeing her parents.
(c) Fleeing her uncle.
(d) Finding a holy cup.
5. What does Leeming say Cuchulain had upon his birth?
(a) A powerful family.
(b) Six fingers on each hand.
(c) A sword.
(d) All the powers he needed for his quest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose child is Horus, in the Egyptian pantheon?
2. When does Leeming say the older Genesis text was likely composed?
3. What does Leeming say the Great Mother personifies?
4. How does Leeming define gods?
5. Why mystery does Leeming address with regard to human creation?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)