|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What element does Leeming say the Water Jar Boy myth contains?
(a) Death by water.
(b) Redemption by penance.
(c) Creation from nothing.
(d) The search for the father.
2. What is the creation myth called in Mesopotamia?
(a) The Gaia hypothesis.
(b) Re or Atun.
(d) Enuma Elish.
3. What does Leeming say gods are fighting for in the Egyptian pantheon?
(a) Worship from humans.
4. What does Leeming say was the natural phenomenon at the heart of the Egyptian religion?
(a) The birth of new children each generation.
(b) The expansion of the desert.
(c) The flooding of the Nile.
(d) The death of each generation.
5. What does Leeming say was the primary difference between the Greek pantheon and the Roman pantheon?
(a) The Romans became more philosophical and contemplative about myths.
(b) The Romans placed more value on the gods as personifications of abstractions.
(c) The Romans placed more value on the practical results of myths.
(d) The Romans used the Greek pantheon to justify their wars.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did King Arthur assume the throne?
2. What does Leeming say the Great Mother personifies?
3. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
4. What time of year does the time when heroes are born correspond to?
5. Who was the oldest divine being in the Greek pantheon?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)