|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What element does Leeming say the Water Jar Boy myth contains?
(a) The search for the father.
(b) Death by water.
(c) Creation from nothing.
(d) Redemption by penance.
2. Who does Leeming say parallels Lucifer in the Norse pantheon?
3. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Greco-Roman Pantheon?
4. What does Leeming say the Roman pantheon is rife with?
(a) Political metaphor.
(b) Legalistic language.
(c) Anxiety about the Greeks' supremacy.
(d) Prophecy of Christ.
5. To what does Leeming say the oldest myth refers?
(a) Caves where men are reunited with the earth.
(b) Plains where men sow seeds that unite earth and water.
(c) Oceans where life first developed.
(d) Primeval gathering places or mounds that become fused with the sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the Coffin Texts made?
2. What does Leeming say is similar between the myths of Hiawatha and the Buddha?
3. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
4. Who was the oldest divine being in the Greek pantheon?
5. How does Leeming say the Chinese describe the flood?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)