|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were the hieroglyphs made that contain the oldest myth Leeming cites?
(a) 3000-2200 BCE.
(b) 1800-1500 BCE.
(c) 1500-1200 BCE.
(d) 2200-2000 BCE.
2. Why does Leeming say the hero sometimes refuses the quest?
(a) Because they distrust their mission.
(b) Because they do not want to be heroes.
(c) Because they are afraid.
(d) Because of a sense of unworthiness.
3. Who is Frigg, in the Norse pantheon?
(a) The goddess of cultivation.
(b) Odin's wife.
(c) The earth mother.
(d) The goddess of the hunt.
4. What opposition does Leeming say King Arthur faced in assuming his quest?
(a) His knights were not worthy.
(b) His subjects rebel.
(c) Opponents believed he was not fit to reign.
(d) His knights seduce his wife.
5. What does Leeming say the gods function as in myth?
(a) Masks and metaphors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leeming say parallels Lucifer in the Norse pantheon?
2. For what does Leeming say the struggle among gods in the Egyptian pantheon is a metaphor?
3. How does Leeming define the hero?
4. What does Leeming say suggests a desire to escape from earthly existence?
5. During whose reign was the first creation myth recorded, according to Leeming?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)