|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say dominates all myths?
(a) The concept of redemption.
(b) The concept of justice in the universe.
(c) The concept of God and Goddess.
(d) The concept of creation from nothing.
2. What does Leeming say cosmogonies represent?
(a) Cultural truths.
(b) Scientific truths.
(c) Historical realities.
(d) Future predictions.
3. What is the creation myth called in Mesopotamia?
(a) The Gaia hypothesis.
(b) Re or Atun.
(d) Enuma Elish.
4. Who is Frigg, in the Norse pantheon?
(a) The goddess of the hunt.
(b) Odin's wife.
(c) The earth mother.
(d) The goddess of cultivation.
5. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
(c) Free will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem or question does Leeming say cultures were addressing in cosmogonies?
2. Why does Leeming say cultures give human form to Supreme Beings?
3. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Greco-Roman Pantheon?
4. What does Leeming say myths describe with regard to individuals relating to the Supreme Being?
5. What does Leeming say about cosmogonies?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)