|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Indian creation myths were concerned with?
(a) The emergence of the mind from nothingness.
(b) The ability of the human will to make moral decisions.
(c) The variety of forms the creator made.
(d) The insufficiency of the human mind to comprehending creation.
2. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
(a) As warlike.
(b) As matriarchal.
(c) As patrilineal.
(d) As communal.
3. Why mystery does Leeming address with regard to human creation?
(a) Why humans fall from grace so quickly after being created by gods.
(b) Why humans see themselves as fundamentally flawed.
(c) Why humans have to go through rituals to regain grace.
(d) Why humans created gods to justify their discontent.
4. What evidence does Leeming cite that suggests the presence of whites in Africa?
(a) Bumba speaks a foreign language.
(b) Bumba has new ways of doing things.
(c) Bumba subjugates other tribes.
(d) Bumba is white.
5. What creation myth does Leeming say modern people favor?
(a) The Big Bang.
(c) Intelligent design.
(d) Creation ex nihilo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Leeming say parallels the serpent in the Christian garden in the Norse pantheon?
2. To what does Leeming say the oldest myth refers?
3. Where did the first creation story Leeming cites come from?
4. When does Leeming say the older Genesis text was likely composed?
5. How does Leeming define cosmology?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)