|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say was the primary difference between the Greek pantheon and the Roman pantheon?
(a) The Romans became more philosophical and contemplative about myths.
(b) The Romans placed more value on the practical results of myths.
(c) The Romans used the Greek pantheon to justify their wars.
(d) The Romans placed more value on the gods as personifications of abstractions.
2. In Leeming's account, how did the Hopi create their creation myth?
(a) Through spreading their culture.
(b) Through art.
(c) Through song.
(d) Through initiating their children.
3. When was the Book of the Dead made?
(a) 1550 BCE.
(b) 1400 CE.
(c) 2134 BCE.
(d) 1200 CE.
4. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Greco-Roman Pantheon?
5. Whose child is Horus, in the Egyptian pantheon?
(a) Isis and Amun.
(b) Anubis and Isis.
(c) Isis and Geb.
(d) Isis and Osiris.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming describe Hopi culture?
2. What does Leeming say the flood represents as a metaphor?
3. What reconciliation does Leeming say the Greeks' creation myths described?
4. During whose reign was the first creation myth recorded, according to Leeming?
5. What other divine figure does Leeming say the main Norse god resembles?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)