|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leeming say the world originates in the Christian creation myth?
2. How does Leeming describe cosmogonies?
(a) As ritual.
(b) As prophetic.
(c) As nostalgic.
(d) As sacramental.
3. The first recorded creation myth was part myth and part what else?
(a) Celebration of the high Marduk.
(b) Rite of passage.
(c) Wedding ode.
(d) Funeral dirge.
4. Who does Leeming say introduced monotheism to Egyptian culture?
5. To what does Leeming say the oldest myth refers?
(a) Caves where men are reunited with the earth.
(b) Primeval gathering places or mounds that become fused with the sun.
(c) Oceans where life first developed.
(d) Plains where men sow seeds that unite earth and water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leeming say the Greek name Zeus comes from?
2. What does Leeming say happened to the figure of the Great Mother over time?
3. What does Leeming say the Hebraic people's monotheistic god focused on?
4. What is eschatology?
5. How does Leeming say the Supreme Being is frequently characterized?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)