|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What psychological experience does Leeming say is central to cosmogonies?
(a) The rise of industry from crafts.
(b) The rise of consciousness from unconsciousness.
(c) The rise of nationalism from tribalism.
(d) The rise of technology.
2. When was the New Testament book of Revelation likely composed?
(a) 51 CE.
(b) 110 CE.
(c) 33 BCE.
(d) 95 CE.
3. How does Leeming define cosmic myth?
(a) Myths that define the constellations.
(b) Myths that define the history of the earth.
(c) Myths that define the order of the world.
(d) Myths that explain the location of different stars.
4. What does Leeming say was the primary difference between the Greek pantheon and the Roman pantheon?
(a) The Romans placed more value on the practical results of myths.
(b) The Romans placed more value on the gods as personifications of abstractions.
(c) The Romans used the Greek pantheon to justify their wars.
(d) The Romans became more philosophical and contemplative about myths.
5. During whose reign was the first creation myth recorded, according to Leeming?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say is consistent from one set of myths to another?
2. What does Leeming say the Great Mother represents?
3. What is the creation myth called in Mesopotamia?
4. To whom does Leeming say the Egyptian god Isis corresponds in the Greek pantheon?
5. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)