|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why mystery does Leeming address with regard to human creation?
(a) Why humans fall from grace so quickly after being created by gods.
(b) Why humans see themselves as fundamentally flawed.
(c) Why humans created gods to justify their discontent.
(d) Why humans have to go through rituals to regain grace.
2. How does Leeming describe Hopi culture?
(a) As matrilineal.
(b) As communal.
(c) As warlike.
(d) As patriarchal.
3. What does Leeming say cosmogonies represent?
(a) Scientific truths.
(b) Cultural truths.
(c) Future predictions.
(d) Historical realities.
4. When was the New Testament book of Revelation likely composed?
(a) 51 CE.
(b) 33 BCE.
(c) 110 CE.
(d) 95 CE.
5. Whose child is Horus, in the Egyptian pantheon?
(a) Isis and Geb.
(b) Isis and Osiris.
(c) Anubis and Isis.
(d) Isis and Amun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leeming say the Great Mother began to play a role over time?
2. How does Leeming define gods?
3. How does Leeming define cosmic myth?
4. What does Leeming say the flood represents as a metaphor?
5. What does Leeming say happened to the figure of the Great Mother over time?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)