|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
(a) As patrilineal.
(b) As warlike.
(c) As matriarchal.
(d) As communal.
2. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
3. What does Leeming say myths describe with regard to individuals relating to the Supreme Being?
(a) Myths describe the rules that govern redemption and grace for humans.
(b) Myths describe the state of formless perfection alongside the Supreme Being.
(c) Myths describe the irreconcilable split that divides humans from the Supreme Being.
(d) Myths describe the innate unity of each individual with the Supreme Being.
4. What does Leeming say the Great Mother personifies?
(b) The planet earth.
(c) The process of being born.
(d) The pains of childbirth.
5. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
(b) Re or Atun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the flood represents as a metaphor?
2. Which topic does not fall under cosmology?
3. What does Leeming say about cosmogonies?
4. What does Leeming say was the natural phenomenon at the heart of the Egyptian religion?
5. How does Leeming describe Hopi culture?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)