|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Hebraic people's monotheistic god focused on?
(a) The importance of proselytizing.
(b) The sublimity of God.
(c) The dangers of disobeying God.
(d) The importance of being on a mission.
2. What creation myth does Leeming say modern people favor?
(b) Creation ex nihilo.
(c) The Big Bang.
(d) Intelligent design.
3. How does Leeming describe Hopi culture?
(a) As patriarchal.
(b) As warlike.
(c) As matrilineal.
(d) As communal.
4. How does Leeming describe the Greek people's pantheon?
(a) As a nationalization of local gods.
(b) As a divine family.
(c) As a set of gods cobbled together into a narrative.
(d) As a system of checks and balances.
5. What evidence does Leeming cite to argue for a single matriarch at the beginning of the Greek pantheon?
(a) Gaia fought to enthrone each of her husbands.
(b) Gaia devoured her offspring.
(c) Gaia created her own mate.
(d) Gaia killed her husbands.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming say the Greek pantheon differs from other pantheons?
2. How does Leeming define cosmic myth?
3. When were the hieroglyphs made that contain the oldest myth Leeming cites?
4. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
5. What does Leeming say the Supreme Being represents?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)