|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming say the Zeus and Hera represented humanity in Greek culture?
(a) In an essentializing portrait.
(b) In a caricature of male and female spirits.
(c) In a realistic yet skeptical portrait.
(d) In an idealized portrait of man and wife.
2. For what does Leeming say the gods are metaphors?
(a) Timeless laws of the universe.
(b) Earth, wind, water and fire.
(c) The collective unconscious.
(d) Elements of society, as well as human emotions.
3. What do the various versions of the Egyptian creation myth Leeming cites revolve around?
(a) The different justifications for divine kings' rule.
(b) The competing theories for creation.
(c) The different explanations for consciousness.
(d) The different names for the god.
4. What creation myth does Leeming say modern people favor?
(a) The Big Bang.
(b) Creation ex nihilo.
(c) Intelligent design.
5. How does Bumba create the earth in Boshongo creation myth?
(a) He excretes it.
(b) He finds it.
(c) He fashions it from stone.
(d) He vomits it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leeming say is the main god in the Norse pantheon?
2. When were the Coffin Texts made?
3. How do the Greeks explain the presence of winter?
4. What does Leeming say was the natural phenomenon at the heart of the Egyptian religion?
5. Where is the first recorded creation myth from?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)