|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which topic does not fall under cosmology?
(b) The Great Flood.
(c) The meaning of life.
2. What does Leeming say about the birth of God?
(a) Leeming says that gods can only be born of virgins.
(b) Leeming says that in almost every myth, God is born of a holy Mother.
(c) Leeming says that gods are born from almost everything in existence.
(d) Leeming says that there is only one God, and he was born of the Virgin Mary.
3. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
(d) Free will.
4. What does Leeming say the Hebraic people's monotheistic god focused on?
(a) The importance of being on a mission.
(b) The sublimity of God.
(c) The importance of proselytizing.
(d) The dangers of disobeying God.
5. For what does Leeming say the gods are metaphors?
(a) Earth, wind, water and fire.
(b) The collective unconscious.
(c) Timeless laws of the universe.
(d) Elements of society, as well as human emotions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why mystery does Leeming address with regard to human creation?
2. What does Leeming say the Supreme Being represents?
3. When was the Book of the Dead made?
4. Where does Leeming say the world originates in the Christian creation myth?
5. How does Leeming say the Greek pantheon differs from other pantheons?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)