|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Frigg, in the Norse pantheon?
(a) The goddess of cultivation.
(b) The goddess of the hunt.
(c) Odin's wife.
(d) The earth mother.
2. What is cosmogony?
(a) Myth of beautification.
(b) Myth of creation.
(c) Myth of the end of time.
(d) Myth of the beginning of humanity.
3. How does Leeming define cosmic myth?
(a) Myths that define the constellations.
(b) Myths that define the order of the world.
(c) Myths that define the history of the earth.
(d) Myths that explain the location of different stars.
4. What does Leeming say the Supreme Being represents?
(a) The embodiment of kingship.
(b) The laws of creation.
(c) The beginning and end of time.
(d) The possibility of redemption.
5. What does Leeming say suggests a desire to escape from earthly existence?
(a) The transition from struggle and creation to fall from grace.
(b) The evolution of morals and laws.
(c) The development of technology.
(d) The transformation from instinctual to moral consciousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Greeks explain the presence of winter?
2. How does Leeming define cosmology?
3. Where does Leeming say the Greek name Zeus comes from?
4. What does Leeming say Isis is the goddess of?
5. What creation myth does Leeming say modern people favor?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)