|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming define cosmology?
(a) The scientific study of the universal order.
(b) The study of the history of the heavens.
(c) The study of the structure of the universe.
(d) The study of beauty aids.
2. What does Leeming say is consistent from one set of myths to another?
(a) Transcendent truths.
(b) Universal human concerns.
(c) Monsters and angels.
(d) Heroes and heroines.
3. What does Leeming say the Supreme Being represents?
(a) The beginning and end of time.
(b) The possibility of redemption.
(c) The laws of creation.
(d) The embodiment of kingship.
4. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Meso-American pantheon?
5. How does Bumba create the earth in Boshongo creation myth?
(a) He excretes it.
(b) He finds it.
(c) He fashions it from stone.
(d) He vomits it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say cosmogonies represent?
2. What reconciliation does Leeming say the Greeks' creation myths described?
3. When was the Book of the Dead made?
4. What other divine figure does Leeming say the main Norse god resembles?
5. Where is the Norse pantheon first described in writing?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)