|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Leeming say parallels the serpent in the Christian garden in the Norse pantheon?
2. Where did the first creation story Leeming cites come from?
3. What psychological experience does Leeming say is central to cosmogonies?
(a) The rise of consciousness from unconsciousness.
(b) The rise of industry from crafts.
(c) The rise of nationalism from tribalism.
(d) The rise of technology.
4. What does Leeming say was the natural phenomenon at the heart of the Egyptian religion?
(a) The expansion of the desert.
(b) The birth of new children each generation.
(c) The death of each generation.
(d) The flooding of the Nile.
5. When was the Book of the Dead made?
(a) 1550 BCE.
(b) 2134 BCE.
(c) 1400 CE.
(d) 1200 CE.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Hebrew creation myth was concerned with?
2. For what does Leeming say the gods are metaphors?
3. When were creation myths repeated in the culture that created the oldest myth Leeming cites?
4. How does Leeming define gods?
5. How does Leeming say the Zeus and Hera represented humanity in Greek culture?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)