|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many gods and goddesses comprised the Greek pantheon?
2. What does Leeming say cosmogonies represent?
(a) Historical realities.
(b) Scientific truths.
(c) Cultural truths.
(d) Future predictions.
3. What is the creation myth called in Mesopotamia?
(a) Enuma Elish.
(c) Re or Atun.
(d) The Gaia hypothesis.
4. What does Leeming say the gods function as in myth?
(a) Masks and metaphors.
5. Where is the Norse pantheon first described in writing?
(a) The Elder and Younger Eddas.
(b) The Nibelungenleid.
(c) Tacitus' Germania.
(d) The Kalevala.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming define gods?
2. When were creation myths repeated in the culture that created the oldest myth Leeming cites?
3. What does Leeming say the Roman pantheon is rife with?
4. What does Leeming say ancient cultures realized through cosmogonies?
5. Where did the first creation story Leeming cites come from?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)