|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is eschatology?
(a) The study of prophecies.
(b) The study of Supreme Beings.
(c) The study of fears.
(d) The study of the end of time.
2. What reconciliation does Leeming say the Greeks' creation myths described?
(a) The reconciliation between male and female principles.
(b) The reconciliation between ancient and modern ideas.
(c) The reconciliation between warring brothers.
(d) The reconciliation between warring fathers and sons.
3. Where does Leeming say the Greek name Zeus comes from?
(a) The Persian for power.
(b) The Sanskrit for light or day.
(c) The Sumerian for death.
(d) The Egyptian for thunder.
4. What does Leeming say had to happen before the Olympian gods could reign in the Greek pantheon?
(a) The Olympian gods had to create humans.
(b) The flood.
(c) Humans had to offer their worship.
(d) Two dynasties of gods had to be overthrown.
5. When was the New Testament book of Revelation likely composed?
(a) 110 CE.
(b) 95 CE.
(c) 33 BCE.
(d) 51 CE.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the first creation story Leeming cites come from?
2. When does Leeming say the older Genesis text was likely composed?
3. When does Leeming say the Greek pantheon was adapted to Roman religion?
4. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
5. What does Leeming say the gods function as in myth?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)