|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Roman pantheon is rife with?
(a) Anxiety about the Greeks' supremacy.
(b) Legalistic language.
(c) Prophecy of Christ.
(d) Political metaphor.
2. Whose child is Horus, in the Egyptian pantheon?
(a) Isis and Amun.
(b) Anubis and Isis.
(c) Isis and Osiris.
(d) Isis and Geb.
3. Whom does Leeming say parallels the serpent in the Christian garden in the Norse pantheon?
4. What does Leeming say myths describe with regard to individuals relating to the Supreme Being?
(a) Myths describe the irreconcilable split that divides humans from the Supreme Being.
(b) Myths describe the state of formless perfection alongside the Supreme Being.
(c) Myths describe the rules that govern redemption and grace for humans.
(d) Myths describe the innate unity of each individual with the Supreme Being.
5. How does Bumba create the earth in Boshongo creation myth?
(a) He fashions it from stone.
(b) He finds it.
(c) He excretes it.
(d) He vomits it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say Horus represents, in the Egyptian pantheon?
2. To what does Leeming say the oldest myth refers?
3. How does Leeming describe Hopi culture?
4. Where does Leeming say the Greek name Zeus comes from?
5. What is the creation myth called in Mesopotamia?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)