|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say was the primary difference between the Greek pantheon and the Roman pantheon?
(a) The Romans placed more value on the practical results of myths.
(b) The Romans used the Greek pantheon to justify their wars.
(c) The Romans placed more value on the gods as personifications of abstractions.
(d) The Romans became more philosophical and contemplative about myths.
2. What is the end goal of human development in Hopi myth, in Leeming's account?
(a) Winning glory for their god.
(b) Converting non-believers to the Hopi perspective.
(c) Growing into the light of the Sun God's power.
(d) Manifesting the divinity on earth.
3. What does Leeming say about the birth of God?
(a) Leeming says that gods can only be born of virgins.
(b) Leeming says that gods are born from almost everything in existence.
(c) Leeming says that in almost every myth, God is born of a holy Mother.
(d) Leeming says that there is only one God, and he was born of the Virgin Mary.
4. When was the Book of the Dead made?
(a) 1400 CE.
(b) 1200 CE.
(c) 2134 BCE.
(d) 1550 BCE.
5. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Greco-Roman Pantheon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the creation myth called in Mesopotamia?
2. Where did the first creation story Leeming cites come from?
3. What does Leeming say Horus represents, in the Egyptian pantheon?
4. How many gods and goddesses comprised the Greek pantheon?
5. Who does Leeming say is the main god in the Norse pantheon?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)