|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leeming say the Great Mother began to play a role over time?
(a) In folklore.
(b) In modern art.
(c) In primitive culture.
(d) In industrial religion.
2. Which narrative is not an aspect of cosmogony?
(a) The fall from the state of perfection or grace.
(b) Explanation of natural phenomena.
(c) The creation of humankind.
(d) How the universe was developed.
3. What does Leeming say the flood represents as a metaphor?
(a) The clean feeling after admitting wrong.
(b) Extreme guilt washing away with forgiveness.
(c) The cleansing effect of death on culture.
(d) The unconscious before experiencing rebirth.
4. What does Leeming say about cosmogonies?
(a) That they are typically linear narratives.
(b) That they are typically moral.
(c) That they are typically female.
(d) That they are typically allegorical.
5. To whom does Leeming credit the adaptation of the Greek pantheon the Roman religion?
(a) The Aolians.
(b) The Syracusans.
(c) The Etruscans.
(d) The Trojans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say dominates all myths?
2. How does Leeming say the Zeus and Hera represented humanity in Greek culture?
3. What does Leeming say cosmogonies represent?
4. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Meso-American pantheon?
5. Who does Leeming say parallels Lucifer in the Norse pantheon?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)