|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say was the primary difference between the Greek pantheon and the Roman pantheon?
(a) The Romans placed more value on the gods as personifications of abstractions.
(b) The Romans used the Greek pantheon to justify their wars.
(c) The Romans became more philosophical and contemplative about myths.
(d) The Romans placed more value on the practical results of myths.
2. Which topic does not fall under cosmology?
(c) The meaning of life.
(d) The Great Flood.
3. How does Leeming say the Greek pantheon differs from other pantheons?
(a) The Greek gods were imposed on cultures Greeks influenced.
(b) The Greek gods had a great number of human attributes.
(c) The Greek gods were not always more powerful than humans.
(d) The Greek gods retained their local origins and cults.
4. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
(c) Re or Atun.
5. How many gods and goddesses comprised the Greek pantheon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why mystery does Leeming address with regard to human creation?
2. What does Leeming say the Egyptian pantheon is centered on?
3. Where is the first recorded creation myth from?
4. What does Leeming say gods are fighting for in the Egyptian pantheon?
5. Who does Leeming say parallels Lucifer in the Norse pantheon?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)