|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming say the Greek pantheon differs from other pantheons?
(a) The Greek gods were not always more powerful than humans.
(b) The Greek gods had a great number of human attributes.
(c) The Greek gods retained their local origins and cults.
(d) The Greek gods were imposed on cultures Greeks influenced.
2. When was the New Testament book of Revelation likely composed?
(a) 51 CE.
(b) 33 BCE.
(c) 110 CE.
(d) 95 CE.
3. What does Leeming say the gods function as in myth?
(d) Masks and metaphors.
4. How does Leeming say the Chinese describe the flood?
(a) As an attempt to avert a war against the gods.
(b) As a punishment for sins against the gods.
(c) As a way to purge a preliminary form of humanity.
(d) As a way to help cultivate the earth.
5. Whom does Leeming say parallels the serpent in the Christian garden in the Norse pantheon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a teleological reason for myth?
2. Where does Leeming say the world originates in the Christian creation myth?
3. In Leeming's account, how did the Hopi create their creation myth?
4. What does Leeming say is consistent from one set of myths to another?
5. What does Leeming say myths describe with regard to individuals relating to the Supreme Being?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)