|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose child is Horus, in the Egyptian pantheon?
(a) Isis and Amun.
(b) Anubis and Isis.
(c) Isis and Geb.
(d) Isis and Osiris.
2. What does Leeming say the Hebrew creation myth was concerned with?
(a) The indifference of the creator to his creation.
(b) The possibility of justice in dealings with people.
(c) The morality of human beings.
(d) The role of humanity in the universe.
3. What does Leeming say suggests a desire to escape from earthly existence?
(a) The development of technology.
(b) The transition from struggle and creation to fall from grace.
(c) The evolution of morals and laws.
(d) The transformation from instinctual to moral consciousness.
4. How does Leeming define cosmology?
(a) The study of the history of the heavens.
(b) The study of beauty aids.
(c) The study of the structure of the universe.
(d) The scientific study of the universal order.
5. Where does Leeming say the world originates in the Christian creation myth?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
2. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
3. Which narrative is not an aspect of cosmogony?
4. What is the end goal of human development in Hopi myth, in Leeming's account?
5. What does Leeming say the flood was for in Mayan culture?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)