|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Greeks explain the presence of winter?
(a) Zeus bans fertility.
(b) Hera goes away on a trip.
(c) Hades conquers earth.
(d) Demeter mourns for her daughter.
2. Whose child is Horus, in the Egyptian pantheon?
(a) Anubis and Isis.
(b) Isis and Amun.
(c) Isis and Geb.
(d) Isis and Osiris.
3. In Leeming's account, how did the Hopi create their creation myth?
(a) Through initiating their children.
(b) Through art.
(c) Through song.
(d) Through spreading their culture.
4. When was the New Testament book of Revelation likely composed?
(a) 95 CE.
(b) 51 CE.
(c) 33 BCE.
(d) 110 CE.
5. How does Leeming define cosmology?
(a) The study of the history of the heavens.
(b) The study of beauty aids.
(c) The study of the structure of the universe.
(d) The scientific study of the universal order.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Greco-Roman Pantheon?
2. What is a teleological reason for myth?
3. Who does Leeming say parallels Lucifer in the Norse pantheon?
4. What does Leeming say had to happen before the Olympian gods could reign in the Greek pantheon?
5. What does Leeming say gods are fighting for in the Egyptian pantheon?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)