|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Great Mother represents?
(a) Death and resurrection.
(c) Creation and nourishment.
(d) Craft and teaching.
2. What evidence does Leeming cite to argue for a single matriarch at the beginning of the Greek pantheon?
(a) Gaia fought to enthrone each of her husbands.
(b) Gaia devoured her offspring.
(c) Gaia killed her husbands.
(d) Gaia created her own mate.
3. What does Leeming say the Hebrew creation myth was concerned with?
(a) The possibility of justice in dealings with people.
(b) The indifference of the creator to his creation.
(c) The morality of human beings.
(d) The role of humanity in the universe.
4. Where does Leeming say the world originates in the Christian creation myth?
5. Where does Leeming say the Great Mother began to play a role over time?
(a) In folklore.
(b) In industrial religion.
(c) In modern art.
(d) In primitive culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming say the Zeus and Hera represented humanity in Greek culture?
2. Who is Frigg, in the Norse pantheon?
3. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
4. What creation myth does Leeming say modern people favor?
5. What does Leeming say cosmogonies represent?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)