|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Roman pantheon is rife with?
(a) Anxiety about the Greeks' supremacy.
(b) Legalistic language.
(c) Prophecy of Christ.
(d) Political metaphor.
2. What do the various versions of the Egyptian creation myth Leeming cites revolve around?
(a) The different names for the god.
(b) The competing theories for creation.
(c) The different justifications for divine kings' rule.
(d) The different explanations for consciousness.
3. How does Leeming describe cosmogonies?
(a) As nostalgic.
(b) As sacramental.
(c) As ritual.
(d) As prophetic.
4. What does Leeming say dominates all myths?
(a) The concept of God and Goddess.
(b) The concept of creation from nothing.
(c) The concept of redemption.
(d) The concept of justice in the universe.
5. Who is Frigg, in the Norse pantheon?
(a) Odin's wife.
(b) The earth mother.
(c) The goddess of cultivation.
(d) The goddess of the hunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the Coffin Texts made?
2. What is the creation myth called in Mesopotamia?
3. What does Leeming say ancient cultures realized through cosmogonies?
4. Who was the oldest divine being in the Greek pantheon?
5. What psychological experience does Leeming say is central to cosmogonies?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)