|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is eschatology?
(a) The study of Supreme Beings.
(b) The study of fears.
(c) The study of prophecies.
(d) The study of the end of time.
2. Who was the oldest divine being in the Greek pantheon?
3. What does Leeming say Horus represents, in the Egyptian pantheon?
(a) The rage of war.
(b) The playful nature of fate.
(c) The spiritual force governing the Pharaoh.
(d) The rebirth of the earth after winter.
4. What other divine figure does Leeming say the main Norse god resembles?
5. What does Leeming say the Supreme Being represents?
(a) The beginning and end of time.
(b) The embodiment of kingship.
(c) The possibility of redemption.
(d) The laws of creation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming define cosmic myth?
2. What does Leeming say had to happen before the Olympian gods could reign in the Greek pantheon?
3. What does Leeming say myths describe with regard to individuals relating to the Supreme Being?
4. How does Leeming say the Supreme Being is frequently characterized?
5. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Greco-Roman Pantheon?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)