|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Greeks explain the presence of winter?
(a) Hades conquers earth.
(b) Hera goes away on a trip.
(c) Zeus bans fertility.
(d) Demeter mourns for her daughter.
2. Who does Leeming say is the main god in the Norse pantheon?
3. How does Leeming say the Chinese describe the flood?
(a) As a punishment for sins against the gods.
(b) As a way to help cultivate the earth.
(c) As an attempt to avert a war against the gods.
(d) As a way to purge a preliminary form of humanity.
4. The first recorded creation myth was part myth and part what else?
(a) Celebration of the high Marduk.
(b) Rite of passage.
(c) Wedding ode.
(d) Funeral dirge.
5. When were the hieroglyphs made that contain the oldest myth Leeming cites?
(a) 2200-2000 BCE.
(b) 1800-1500 BCE.
(c) 1500-1200 BCE.
(d) 3000-2200 BCE.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Hebraic people's monotheistic god focused on?
2. Where is the Norse pantheon first described in writing?
3. How does Leeming say earth religions still worship the Great Mother?
4. What does Leeming say was the primary difference between the Greek pantheon and the Roman pantheon?
5. What is the creation myth called in Mesopotamia?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)