|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why mystery does Leeming address with regard to human creation?
(a) Why humans have to go through rituals to regain grace.
(b) Why humans see themselves as fundamentally flawed.
(c) Why humans fall from grace so quickly after being created by gods.
(d) Why humans created gods to justify their discontent.
2. Where does Leeming say the world originates in the Christian creation myth?
3. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Meso-American pantheon?
4. How does Leeming say earth religions still worship the Great Mother?
(a) In the seasons.
(b) In the constellations.
(c) In modern agriculture.
(d) In the form of nature.
5. What does Leeming say ancient cultures realized through cosmogonies?
(a) That the world's spirit pervades all forms.
(b) That culture survives the deaths of its members.
(c) That the Great Mother makes all life possible.
(d) That death is ubiquitous in life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the flood represents as a metaphor?
2. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
3. To what does Leeming say the oldest myth refers?
4. To whom does Leeming say the Egyptian god Isis corresponds in the Greek pantheon?
5. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)