|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the New Testament book of Revelation likely composed?
(a) 95 CE.
(b) 110 CE.
(c) 33 BCE.
(d) 51 CE.
2. How does Bumba create the earth in Boshongo creation myth?
(a) He finds it.
(b) He fashions it from stone.
(c) He excretes it.
(d) He vomits it.
3. How does Leeming define gods?
(a) They are metaphors for human experiences.
(b) They are immortal beings who personify the transcendence of the laws of nature.
(c) They are projections of human dreams into enduring characters.
(d) They are manifestations of the collective unconscious.
4. What does Leeming say the Hebrew creation myth was concerned with?
(a) The morality of human beings.
(b) The indifference of the creator to his creation.
(c) The role of humanity in the universe.
(d) The possibility of justice in dealings with people.
5. Which topic does not fall under cosmology?
(a) The Great Flood.
(c) The meaning of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say dominates all myths?
2. What does Leeming say the Roman pantheon is rife with?
3. What does Leeming say myths describe with regard to individuals relating to the Supreme Being?
4. What does Leeming say is important about dying gods?
5. What is eschatology?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)