|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say Isis is the goddess of?
(a) The earth and moon.
(b) The hearth.
2. Whose behavior does Leeming say explains the behavior of the Olympian gods in the Greek pantheon?
(a) The Etruscans'.
(b) The Egyptians'.
(c) The Persians'.
(d) The Greek ruling class'.
3. Who does Leeming say introduced monotheism to Egyptian culture?
4. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
(a) As a metaphor for maturity.
(b) As a metaphor for storytelling.
(c) As a metaphor for history.
(d) As a metaphor for birth.
5. How does Bumba create the earth in Boshongo creation myth?
(a) He excretes it.
(b) He fashions it from stone.
(c) He vomits it.
(d) He finds it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem or question does Leeming say cultures were addressing in cosmogonies?
2. Where does Leeming say the Great Mother began to play a role over time?
3. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
4. What does Leeming say the Hebrew creation myth was concerned with?
5. When was the Book of the Dead made?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)