|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Leeming say the older Genesis text was likely composed?
(a) 500 BCE.
(b) 950 BCE.
(c) 800 BCE.
(d) 110 CE.
2. What reconciliation does Leeming say the Greeks' creation myths described?
(a) The reconciliation between warring brothers.
(b) The reconciliation between ancient and modern ideas.
(c) The reconciliation between warring fathers and sons.
(d) The reconciliation between male and female principles.
3. Where did the first creation story Leeming cites come from?
4. For what does Leeming say the gods are metaphors?
(a) The collective unconscious.
(b) Timeless laws of the universe.
(c) Elements of society, as well as human emotions.
(d) Earth, wind, water and fire.
5. What does Leeming say the Supreme Being represents?
(a) The possibility of redemption.
(b) The beginning and end of time.
(c) The embodiment of kingship.
(d) The laws of creation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming define cosmology?
2. What psychological experience does Leeming say is central to cosmogonies?
3. What is an ontological reason for myth?
4. How does Leeming say the Chinese describe the flood?
5. Why does Leeming say cultures give human form to Supreme Beings?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)