|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Great Mother personifies?
(a) The process of being born.
(c) The pains of childbirth.
(d) The planet earth.
2. Who does Leeming say parallels Lucifer in the Norse pantheon?
3. In Leeming's account, how did the Hopi create their creation myth?
(a) Through spreading their culture.
(b) Through art.
(c) Through initiating their children.
(d) Through song.
4. What does Leeming say about cosmogonies?
(a) That they are typically allegorical.
(b) That they are typically female.
(c) That they are typically moral.
(d) That they are typically linear narratives.
5. To what does Leeming say the oldest myth refers?
(a) Caves where men are reunited with the earth.
(b) Oceans where life first developed.
(c) Plains where men sow seeds that unite earth and water.
(d) Primeval gathering places or mounds that become fused with the sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Hebrew creation myth was concerned with?
2. How does Leeming define cosmology?
3. When does Leeming say the Greek pantheon was adapted to Roman religion?
4. During whose reign was the first creation myth recorded, according to Leeming?
5. What is an ontological reason for myth?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)