|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Egyptian pantheon is centered on?
(a) Death and resurrection.
(b) The balance between free will and fate.
(c) The possibility of self-fulfillment.
2. What does Leeming say the Hebrew creation myth was concerned with?
(a) The morality of human beings.
(b) The indifference of the creator to his creation.
(c) The possibility of justice in dealings with people.
(d) The role of humanity in the universe.
3. What does Leeming say myths describe with regard to individuals relating to the Supreme Being?
(a) Myths describe the rules that govern redemption and grace for humans.
(b) Myths describe the state of formless perfection alongside the Supreme Being.
(c) Myths describe the innate unity of each individual with the Supreme Being.
(d) Myths describe the irreconcilable split that divides humans from the Supreme Being.
4. What does Leeming say suggests a desire to escape from earthly existence?
(a) The development of technology.
(b) The evolution of morals and laws.
(c) The transformation from instinctual to moral consciousness.
(d) The transition from struggle and creation to fall from grace.
5. Where does Leeming say the Great Mother began to play a role over time?
(a) In industrial religion.
(b) In folklore.
(c) In primitive culture.
(d) In modern art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say was the natural phenomenon at the heart of the Egyptian religion?
2. Who does Leeming say introduced monotheism to Egyptian culture?
3. How does Leeming say the Supreme Being is frequently characterized?
4. What evidence does Leeming cite that suggests the presence of whites in Africa?
5. When were creation myths repeated in the culture that created the oldest myth Leeming cites?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)