|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming describe the Greek people's pantheon?
(a) As a set of gods cobbled together into a narrative.
(b) As a system of checks and balances.
(c) As a nationalization of local gods.
(d) As a divine family.
2. What psychological experience does Leeming say is central to cosmogonies?
(a) The rise of nationalism from tribalism.
(b) The rise of industry from crafts.
(c) The rise of consciousness from unconsciousness.
(d) The rise of technology.
3. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Meso-American pantheon?
4. What problem or question does Leeming say cultures were addressing in cosmogonies?
(a) The question of why men are stronger than women are.
(b) The question of how life forms evolved and differentiated.
(c) The question of how man rose to the summit of power over nature.
(d) The question of birth from nothing.
5. What does Leeming say the Great Mother represents?
(a) Creation and nourishment.
(b) Death and resurrection.
(d) Craft and teaching.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Greco-Roman Pantheon?
2. Who does Leeming say is the main god in the Norse pantheon?
3. What does Leeming say about cosmogonies?
4. What does Leeming say was the natural phenomenon at the heart of the Egyptian religion?
5. What do the various versions of the Egyptian creation myth Leeming cites revolve around?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)