|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first recorded creation myth was part myth and part what else?
(a) Rite of passage.
(b) Funeral dirge.
(c) Wedding ode.
(d) Celebration of the high Marduk.
2. What evidence does Leeming cite that suggests the presence of whites in Africa?
(a) Bumba subjugates other tribes.
(b) Bumba has new ways of doing things.
(c) Bumba is white.
(d) Bumba speaks a foreign language.
3. How does Leeming describe the trickster gods?
(a) As half-goat.
(b) As young and unmarried.
(c) As gods of craft as well.
(d) As male and promiscuous.
4. What creation myth does Leeming say modern people favor?
(b) Creation ex nihilo.
(c) Intelligent design.
(d) The Big Bang.
5. When were creation myths repeated in the culture that created the oldest myth Leeming cites?
(a) During weddings and births.
(b) During wars.
(c) During rites of passage.
(d) During coronations and funerals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the various versions of the Egyptian creation myth Leeming cites revolve around?
2. What does Leeming say about cosmogonies?
3. What does Leeming say the gods function as in myth?
4. How does Leeming say the Chinese describe the flood?
5. When was the New Testament book of Revelation likely composed?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)