|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During whose reign was the first creation myth recorded, according to Leeming?
2. Which topic does not fall under cosmology?
(b) The meaning of life.
(c) The Great Flood.
3. When was the Book of the Dead made?
(a) 1200 CE.
(b) 1400 CE.
(c) 2134 BCE.
(d) 1550 BCE.
4. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
(a) As a metaphor for maturity.
(b) As a metaphor for history.
(c) As a metaphor for storytelling.
(d) As a metaphor for birth.
5. What evidence does Leeming cite that suggests the presence of whites in Africa?
(a) Bumba speaks a foreign language.
(b) Bumba has new ways of doing things.
(c) Bumba is white.
(d) Bumba subjugates other tribes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What psychological experience does Leeming say is central to cosmogonies?
2. What does Leeming say the Great Mother represents?
3. The first recorded creation myth was part myth and part what else?
4. What is an ontological reason for myth?
5. What does Leeming say the Egyptian pantheon is centered on?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)