|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which topic does not fall under cosmology?
(b) The meaning of life.
(c) The Great Flood.
2. What does Leeming say suggests a desire to escape from earthly existence?
(a) The transformation from instinctual to moral consciousness.
(b) The development of technology.
(c) The evolution of morals and laws.
(d) The transition from struggle and creation to fall from grace.
3. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
(a) As matriarchal.
(b) As warlike.
(c) As communal.
(d) As patrilineal.
4. What is a teleological reason for myth?
(a) To understand the nature of language.
(b) To understand the cause and purpose of existence.
(c) To compensate for the loss of instinct.
(d) To understand the origins of existence.
5. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Meso-American pantheon?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bumba create the earth in Boshongo creation myth?
2. What evidence does Leeming cite to argue for a single matriarch at the beginning of the Greek pantheon?
3. What evidence does Leeming cite that suggests the presence of whites in Africa?
4. What other divine figure does Leeming say the main Norse god resembles?
5. What is cosmogony?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)