|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
(a) As patrilineal.
(b) As matriarchal.
(c) As communal.
(d) As warlike.
2. To whom does Leeming say the Egyptian god Isis corresponds in the Greek pantheon?
3. What is a teleological reason for myth?
(a) To compensate for the loss of instinct.
(b) To understand the nature of language.
(c) To understand the origins of existence.
(d) To understand the cause and purpose of existence.
4. Whose child is Horus, in the Egyptian pantheon?
(a) Isis and Geb.
(b) Isis and Osiris.
(c) Isis and Amun.
(d) Anubis and Isis.
5. Where did the first creation story Leeming cites come from?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming describe Hopi culture?
2. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
3. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
4. What other divine figure does Leeming say the main Norse god resembles?
5. How does Leeming say the Greek pantheon differs from other pantheons?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)