|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Leeming say is the main god in the Norse pantheon?
2. What does Leeming say cosmogonies represent?
(a) Cultural truths.
(b) Future predictions.
(c) Historical realities.
(d) Scientific truths.
3. What does Leeming say gods are fighting for in the Egyptian pantheon?
(a) Worship from humans.
4. What creation myth does Leeming say modern people favor?
(b) Creation ex nihilo.
(c) Intelligent design.
(d) The Big Bang.
5. What does Leeming say about cosmogonies?
(a) That they are typically allegorical.
(b) That they are typically moral.
(c) That they are typically linear narratives.
(d) That they are typically female.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leeming say parallels Lucifer in the Norse pantheon?
2. What does Leeming say suggests a desire to escape from earthly existence?
3. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
4. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
5. What is an ontological reason for myth?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)