|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming define cosmology?
(a) The study of the history of the heavens.
(b) The scientific study of the universal order.
(c) The study of beauty aids.
(d) The study of the structure of the universe.
2. During whose reign was the first creation myth recorded, according to Leeming?
3. Who does Leeming say parallels Lucifer in the Norse pantheon?
4. Where is the Norse pantheon first described in writing?
(a) The Nibelungenleid.
(b) Tacitus' Germania.
(c) The Elder and Younger Eddas.
(d) The Kalevala.
5. What is the end goal of human development in Hopi myth, in Leeming's account?
(a) Converting non-believers to the Hopi perspective.
(b) Winning glory for their god.
(c) Manifesting the divinity on earth.
(d) Growing into the light of the Sun God's power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reconciliation does Leeming say the Greeks' creation myths described?
2. What creation myth does Leeming say modern people favor?
3. What does Leeming say the Supreme Being represents?
4. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
5. What psychological experience does Leeming say is central to cosmogonies?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)