|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
(a) As a metaphor for birth.
(b) As a metaphor for history.
(c) As a metaphor for maturity.
(d) As a metaphor for storytelling.
2. When was the Book of the Dead made?
(a) 1200 CE.
(b) 1550 BCE.
(c) 2134 BCE.
(d) 1400 CE.
3. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
(a) Re or Atun.
4. What does Leeming say about cosmogonies?
(a) That they are typically female.
(b) That they are typically moral.
(c) That they are typically allegorical.
(d) That they are typically linear narratives.
5. What creation myth does Leeming say modern people favor?
(a) The Big Bang.
(b) Creation ex nihilo.
(c) Intelligent design.
Short Answer Questions
1. During whose reign was the first creation myth recorded, according to Leeming?
2. What evidence does Leeming cite that suggests the presence of whites in Africa?
3. What does Leeming say ancient cultures realized through cosmogonies?
4. How does Leeming define cosmology?
5. How does Bumba create the earth in Boshongo creation myth?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)