|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Leeming say the older Genesis text was likely composed?
(a) 800 BCE.
(b) 110 CE.
(c) 950 BCE.
(d) 500 BCE.
2. When was the Book of the Dead made?
(a) 1400 CE.
(b) 2134 BCE.
(c) 1200 CE.
(d) 1550 BCE.
3. How does Leeming describe cosmogonies?
(a) As nostalgic.
(b) As sacramental.
(c) As ritual.
(d) As prophetic.
4. When were creation myths repeated in the culture that created the oldest myth Leeming cites?
(a) During wars.
(b) During coronations and funerals.
(c) During weddings and births.
(d) During rites of passage.
5. What does Leeming say about cosmogonies?
(a) That they are typically allegorical.
(b) That they are typically moral.
(c) That they are typically female.
(d) That they are typically linear narratives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
2. What does Leeming say cosmogonies represent?
3. What is the creation myth called in Mesopotamia?
4. Where is the first recorded creation myth from?
5. What evidence does Leeming cite that suggests the presence of whites in Africa?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)