|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What psychological experience does Leeming say is central to cosmogonies?
(a) The rise of industry from crafts.
(b) The rise of nationalism from tribalism.
(c) The rise of technology.
(d) The rise of consciousness from unconsciousness.
2. Which narrative is not an aspect of cosmogony?
(a) The creation of humankind.
(b) The fall from the state of perfection or grace.
(c) Explanation of natural phenomena.
(d) How the universe was developed.
3. What does Leeming say is consistent from one set of myths to another?
(a) Universal human concerns.
(b) Transcendent truths.
(c) Monsters and angels.
(d) Heroes and heroines.
4. What evidence does Leeming cite that suggests the presence of whites in Africa?
(a) Bumba is white.
(b) Bumba subjugates other tribes.
(c) Bumba speaks a foreign language.
(d) Bumba has new ways of doing things.
5. When was the Book of the Dead made?
(a) 1400 CE.
(b) 1200 CE.
(c) 1550 BCE.
(d) 2134 BCE.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say about cosmogonies?
2. What is cosmogony?
3. What does Leeming say ancient cultures realized through cosmogonies?
4. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
5. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)