|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
(c) Free will.
2. What is eschatology?
(a) The study of the end of time.
(b) The study of fears.
(c) The study of prophecies.
(d) The study of Supreme Beings.
3. What do the various versions of the Egyptian creation myth Leeming cites revolve around?
(a) The competing theories for creation.
(b) The different justifications for divine kings' rule.
(c) The different explanations for consciousness.
(d) The different names for the god.
4. When were the Coffin Texts made?
(a) 3000-2134 BCE.
(b) 2134-1660 BCE.
(c) 2134 BCE.
(d) 2134-1200 BCE.
5. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
(a) As a metaphor for maturity.
(b) As a metaphor for birth.
(c) As a metaphor for history.
(d) As a metaphor for storytelling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the first creation story Leeming cites come from?
2. What does Leeming say the Hebrew creation myth was concerned with?
3. What does Leeming say is consistent from one set of myths to another?
4. How does Bumba create the earth in Boshongo creation myth?
5. How does Leeming describe cosmogonies?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)