|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
2. How does Leeming describe cosmogonies?
(a) As ritual.
(b) As nostalgic.
(c) As prophetic.
(d) As sacramental.
3. What does Leeming say about the birth of God?
(a) Leeming says that gods can only be born of virgins.
(b) Leeming says that gods are born from almost everything in existence.
(c) Leeming says that there is only one God, and he was born of the Virgin Mary.
(d) Leeming says that in almost every myth, God is born of a holy Mother.
4. What is eschatology?
(a) The study of fears.
(b) The study of the end of time.
(c) The study of Supreme Beings.
(d) The study of prophecies.
5. What does Leeming say is consistent from one set of myths to another?
(a) Heroes and heroines.
(b) Universal human concerns.
(c) Monsters and angels.
(d) Transcendent truths.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Leeming's account, how did the Hopi create their creation myth?
2. When were creation myths repeated in the culture that created the oldest myth Leeming cites?
3. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
4. When does Leeming say the older Genesis text was likely composed?
5. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)