|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say cosmogonies represent?
(a) Historical realities.
(b) Future predictions.
(c) Cultural truths.
(d) Scientific truths.
2. When was the New Testament book of Revelation likely composed?
(a) 51 CE.
(b) 110 CE.
(c) 33 BCE.
(d) 95 CE.
3. When were the hieroglyphs made that contain the oldest myth Leeming cites?
(a) 1500-1200 BCE.
(b) 3000-2200 BCE.
(c) 1800-1500 BCE.
(d) 2200-2000 BCE.
4. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
(a) Re or Atun.
5. Where is the first recorded creation myth from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the creation myth called in Mesopotamia?
2. Where does Leeming say the world originates in the Christian creation myth?
3. What does Leeming say the Indian creation myths were concerned with?
4. How does Leeming describe Hopi culture?
5. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)