|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which narrative is not an aspect of cosmogony?
(a) Explanation of natural phenomena.
(b) The creation of humankind.
(c) How the universe was developed.
(d) The fall from the state of perfection or grace.
2. What do the various versions of the Egyptian creation myth Leeming cites revolve around?
(a) The different names for the god.
(b) The different explanations for consciousness.
(c) The different justifications for divine kings' rule.
(d) The competing theories for creation.
3. What reconciliation does Leeming say the Greeks' creation myths described?
(a) The reconciliation between warring brothers.
(b) The reconciliation between male and female principles.
(c) The reconciliation between ancient and modern ideas.
(d) The reconciliation between warring fathers and sons.
4. When were the hieroglyphs made that contain the oldest myth Leeming cites?
(a) 2200-2000 BCE.
(b) 1800-1500 BCE.
(c) 1500-1200 BCE.
(d) 3000-2200 BCE.
5. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
(d) Free will.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
2. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
3. What problem or question does Leeming say cultures were addressing in cosmogonies?
4. When were creation myths repeated in the culture that created the oldest myth Leeming cites?
5. When was the Book of the Dead made?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)