|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the first creation story Leeming cites come from?
2. What creation myth does Leeming say modern people favor?
(a) Intelligent design.
(b) Creation ex nihilo.
(c) The Big Bang.
3. Which topic does not fall under cosmology?
(a) The Great Flood.
(d) The meaning of life.
4. What problem or question does Leeming say cultures were addressing in cosmogonies?
(a) The question of how life forms evolved and differentiated.
(b) The question of why men are stronger than women are.
(c) The question of birth from nothing.
(d) The question of how man rose to the summit of power over nature.
5. What is cosmogony?
(a) Myth of beautification.
(b) Myth of the beginning of humanity.
(c) Myth of creation.
(d) Myth of the end of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the flood was for in Mayan culture?
2. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
3. How does Leeming define cosmic myth?
4. How does Bumba create the earth in Boshongo creation myth?
5. When was the Book of the Dead made?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)