|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were the Coffin Texts made?
(a) 3000-2134 BCE.
(b) 2134-1200 BCE.
(c) 2134 BCE.
(d) 2134-1660 BCE.
2. What psychological experience does Leeming say is central to cosmogonies?
(a) The rise of industry from crafts.
(b) The rise of technology.
(c) The rise of nationalism from tribalism.
(d) The rise of consciousness from unconsciousness.
3. What does Leeming say myths describe with regard to individuals relating to the Supreme Being?
(a) Myths describe the rules that govern redemption and grace for humans.
(b) Myths describe the innate unity of each individual with the Supreme Being.
(c) Myths describe the irreconcilable split that divides humans from the Supreme Being.
(d) Myths describe the state of formless perfection alongside the Supreme Being.
4. What does Leeming say is consistent from one set of myths to another?
(a) Monsters and angels.
(b) Universal human concerns.
(c) Transcendent truths.
(d) Heroes and heroines.
5. What does Leeming say the flood was for in Mayan culture?
(a) As an attempt to avert a war against the gods.
(b) As a way to help cultivate the earth.
(c) Destroying an experimental form of humankind.
(d) As a punishment for sins against the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming define cosmology?
2. Where does Leeming say the world originates in the Christian creation myth?
3. What does Leeming say cosmogonies represent?
4. What reconciliation does Leeming say the Greeks' creation myths described?
5. Why mystery does Leeming address with regard to human creation?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)