|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the end goal of human development in Hopi myth, in Leeming's account?
(a) Converting non-believers to the Hopi perspective.
(b) Manifesting the divinity on earth.
(c) Winning glory for their god.
(d) Growing into the light of the Sun God's power.
2. What does Leeming say the Hebrew creation myth was concerned with?
(a) The indifference of the creator to his creation.
(b) The possibility of justice in dealings with people.
(c) The role of humanity in the universe.
(d) The morality of human beings.
3. How does Bumba create the earth in Boshongo creation myth?
(a) He excretes it.
(b) He finds it.
(c) He fashions it from stone.
(d) He vomits it.
4. What does Leeming say the Indian creation myths were concerned with?
(a) The ability of the human will to make moral decisions.
(b) The insufficiency of the human mind to comprehending creation.
(c) The emergence of the mind from nothingness.
(d) The variety of forms the creator made.
5. Where is the first recorded creation myth from?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming say the Chinese describe the flood?
2. Which topic does not fall under cosmology?
3. When was the New Testament book of Revelation likely composed?
4. What is the creation myth called in Mesopotamia?
5. What does Leeming say is consistent from one set of myths to another?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)