|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bumba create the earth in Boshongo creation myth?
(a) He fashions it from stone.
(b) He excretes it.
(c) He vomits it.
(d) He finds it.
2. Where is the first recorded creation myth from?
3. What does Leeming say ancient cultures realized through cosmogonies?
(a) That death is ubiquitous in life.
(b) That culture survives the deaths of its members.
(c) That the world's spirit pervades all forms.
(d) That the Great Mother makes all life possible.
4. What does Leeming say the Hebrew creation myth was concerned with?
(a) The possibility of justice in dealings with people.
(b) The morality of human beings.
(c) The indifference of the creator to his creation.
(d) The role of humanity in the universe.
5. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
(a) As a metaphor for history.
(b) As a metaphor for maturity.
(c) As a metaphor for storytelling.
(d) As a metaphor for birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming define cosmic myth?
2. When were the hieroglyphs made that contain the oldest myth Leeming cites?
3. What is eschatology?
4. What is the end goal of human development in Hopi myth, in Leeming's account?
5. What creation myth does Leeming say modern people favor?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)