|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
2. How does Bumba create the earth in Boshongo creation myth?
(a) He excretes it.
(b) He fashions it from stone.
(c) He vomits it.
(d) He finds it.
3. Where is the first recorded creation myth from?
4. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
(d) Free will.
5. What is the end goal of human development in Hopi myth, in Leeming's account?
(a) Converting non-believers to the Hopi perspective.
(b) Manifesting the divinity on earth.
(c) Winning glory for their god.
(d) Growing into the light of the Sun God's power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reconciliation does Leeming say the Greeks' creation myths described?
2. When was the New Testament book of Revelation likely composed?
3. How does Leeming describe Hopi culture?
4. What does Leeming say the flood was for in Mayan culture?
5. In Leeming's account, how did the Hopi create their creation myth?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)