|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During whose reign was the first creation myth recorded, according to Leeming?
2. How does Leeming describe Hopi culture?
(a) As warlike.
(b) As matrilineal.
(c) As patriarchal.
(d) As communal.
3. What do the various versions of the Egyptian creation myth Leeming cites revolve around?
(a) The different explanations for consciousness.
(b) The different names for the god.
(c) The competing theories for creation.
(d) The different justifications for divine kings' rule.
4. What psychological experience does Leeming say is central to cosmogonies?
(a) The rise of industry from crafts.
(b) The rise of technology.
(c) The rise of nationalism from tribalism.
(d) The rise of consciousness from unconsciousness.
5. Where does Leeming say the world originates in the Christian creation myth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say about the birth of God?
2. What reconciliation does Leeming say the Greeks' creation myths described?
3. How does Leeming define cosmic myth?
4. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
5. Where did the first creation story Leeming cites come from?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)