|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leeming say the world originates in the Christian creation myth?
2. What is the creation myth called in Mesopotamia?
(a) Enuma Elish.
(c) The Gaia hypothesis.
(d) Re or Atun.
3. What is eschatology?
(a) The study of the end of time.
(b) The study of Supreme Beings.
(c) The study of prophecies.
(d) The study of fears.
4. The first recorded creation myth was part myth and part what else?
(a) Rite of passage.
(b) Funeral dirge.
(c) Celebration of the high Marduk.
(d) Wedding ode.
5. During whose reign was the first creation myth recorded, according to Leeming?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the flood was for in Mayan culture?
2. What does Leeming say the Hebrew creation myth was concerned with?
3. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
4. What is cosmogony?
5. When were the hieroglyphs made that contain the oldest myth Leeming cites?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)