|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Book of the Dead made?
(a) 1550 BCE.
(b) 1200 CE.
(c) 2134 BCE.
(d) 1400 CE.
2. How does Leeming describe Hopi culture?
(a) As patriarchal.
(b) As warlike.
(c) As communal.
(d) As matrilineal.
3. What psychological experience does Leeming say is central to cosmogonies?
(a) The rise of industry from crafts.
(b) The rise of technology.
(c) The rise of nationalism from tribalism.
(d) The rise of consciousness from unconsciousness.
4. How does Leeming define cosmology?
(a) The study of beauty aids.
(b) The study of the structure of the universe.
(c) The study of the history of the heavens.
(d) The scientific study of the universal order.
5. Which topic does not fall under cosmology?
(a) The Great Flood.
(c) The meaning of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leeming say the world originates in the Christian creation myth?
2. What does Leeming say about the birth of God?
3. What reconciliation does Leeming say the Greeks' creation myths described?
4. What does Leeming say suggests a desire to escape from earthly existence?
5. When were creation myths repeated in the culture that created the oldest myth Leeming cites?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)