|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were the hieroglyphs made that contain the oldest myth Leeming cites?
(a) 3000-2200 BCE.
(b) 1800-1500 BCE.
(c) 1500-1200 BCE.
(d) 2200-2000 BCE.
2. What evidence does Leeming cite that suggests the presence of whites in Africa?
(a) Bumba has new ways of doing things.
(b) Bumba subjugates other tribes.
(c) Bumba speaks a foreign language.
(d) Bumba is white.
3. How does Bumba create the earth in Boshongo creation myth?
(a) He fashions it from stone.
(b) He vomits it.
(c) He finds it.
(d) He excretes it.
4. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
(d) Re or Atun.
5. How does Leeming define cosmic myth?
(a) Myths that define the order of the world.
(b) Myths that define the constellations.
(c) Myths that define the history of the earth.
(d) Myths that explain the location of different stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Indian creation myths were concerned with?
2. What does Leeming say about cosmogonies?
3. What does Leeming say ancient cultures realized through cosmogonies?
4. During whose reign was the first creation myth recorded, according to Leeming?
5. Why mystery does Leeming address with regard to human creation?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)