|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first recorded creation myth was part myth and part what else?
(a) Celebration of the high Marduk.
(b) Rite of passage.
(c) Funeral dirge.
(d) Wedding ode.
2. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
(b) Free will.
3. When was the New Testament book of Revelation likely composed?
(a) 51 CE.
(b) 33 BCE.
(c) 95 CE.
(d) 110 CE.
4. How does Leeming describe Hopi culture?
(a) As patriarchal.
(b) As communal.
(c) As warlike.
(d) As matrilineal.
5. What is eschatology?
(a) The study of the end of time.
(b) The study of fears.
(c) The study of Supreme Beings.
(d) The study of prophecies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first recorded creation myth from?
2. When were the Coffin Texts made?
3. What does Leeming say is consistent from one set of myths to another?
4. What is the creation myth called in Mesopotamia?
5. What creation myth does Leeming say modern people favor?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)