|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
2. What is eschatology?
(a) The study of prophecies.
(b) The study of fears.
(c) The study of the end of time.
(d) The study of Supreme Beings.
3. What reconciliation does Leeming say the Greeks' creation myths described?
(a) The reconciliation between warring brothers.
(b) The reconciliation between warring fathers and sons.
(c) The reconciliation between male and female principles.
(d) The reconciliation between ancient and modern ideas.
4. Where is the first recorded creation myth from?
5. When was the Book of the Dead made?
(a) 2134 BCE.
(b) 1400 CE.
(c) 1550 BCE.
(d) 1200 CE.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
2. What does Leeming say the Indian creation myths were concerned with?
3. What does Leeming say about cosmogonies?
4. What is cosmogony?
5. During whose reign was the first creation myth recorded, according to Leeming?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)