|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say about the birth of God?
(a) Leeming says that there is only one God, and he was born of the Virgin Mary.
(b) Leeming says that gods can only be born of virgins.
(c) Leeming says that gods are born from almost everything in existence.
(d) Leeming says that in almost every myth, God is born of a holy Mother.
2. What creation myth does Leeming say modern people favor?
(a) The Big Bang.
(b) Creation ex nihilo.
(d) Intelligent design.
3. The first recorded creation myth was part myth and part what else?
(a) Wedding ode.
(b) Funeral dirge.
(c) Celebration of the high Marduk.
(d) Rite of passage.
4. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
(a) Re or Atun.
5. What do the various versions of the Egyptian creation myth Leeming cites revolve around?
(a) The different justifications for divine kings' rule.
(b) The competing theories for creation.
(c) The different explanations for consciousness.
(d) The different names for the god.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Indian creation myths were concerned with?
2. What is eschatology?
3. How does Leeming define cosmology?
4. When were creation myths repeated in the culture that created the oldest myth Leeming cites?
5. How does Bumba create the earth in Boshongo creation myth?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)