|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What evidence does Leeming cite that suggests the presence of whites in Africa?
(a) Bumba is white.
(b) Bumba subjugates other tribes.
(c) Bumba has new ways of doing things.
(d) Bumba speaks a foreign language.
2. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
(a) As a metaphor for history.
(b) As a metaphor for maturity.
(c) As a metaphor for birth.
(d) As a metaphor for storytelling.
3. What does Leeming say the Indian creation myths were concerned with?
(a) The variety of forms the creator made.
(b) The ability of the human will to make moral decisions.
(c) The insufficiency of the human mind to comprehending creation.
(d) The emergence of the mind from nothingness.
4. What reconciliation does Leeming say the Greeks' creation myths described?
(a) The reconciliation between male and female principles.
(b) The reconciliation between warring fathers and sons.
(c) The reconciliation between ancient and modern ideas.
(d) The reconciliation between warring brothers.
5. When was the New Testament book of Revelation likely composed?
(a) 51 CE.
(b) 95 CE.
(c) 110 CE.
(d) 33 BCE.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
2. What does Leeming say the flood was for in Mayan culture?
3. What does Leeming say myths describe with regard to individuals relating to the Supreme Being?
4. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
5. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)