|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say suggests a desire to escape from earthly existence?
(a) The transition from struggle and creation to fall from grace.
(b) The evolution of morals and laws.
(c) The transformation from instinctual to moral consciousness.
(d) The development of technology.
2. When were the hieroglyphs made that contain the oldest myth Leeming cites?
(a) 3000-2200 BCE.
(b) 2200-2000 BCE.
(c) 1500-1200 BCE.
(d) 1800-1500 BCE.
3. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
(a) As warlike.
(b) As patrilineal.
(c) As matriarchal.
(d) As communal.
4. What does Leeming say myths describe with regard to individuals relating to the Supreme Being?
(a) Myths describe the rules that govern redemption and grace for humans.
(b) Myths describe the irreconcilable split that divides humans from the Supreme Being.
(c) Myths describe the state of formless perfection alongside the Supreme Being.
(d) Myths describe the innate unity of each individual with the Supreme Being.
5. What is the end goal of human development in Hopi myth, in Leeming's account?
(a) Manifesting the divinity on earth.
(b) Growing into the light of the Sun God's power.
(c) Converting non-believers to the Hopi perspective.
(d) Winning glory for their god.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming define cosmology?
2. The first recorded creation myth was part myth and part what else?
3. Why mystery does Leeming address with regard to human creation?
4. What psychological experience does Leeming say is central to cosmogonies?
5. What is cosmogony?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)