|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which narrative is not an aspect of cosmogony?
(a) The fall from the state of perfection or grace.
(b) The creation of humankind.
(c) How the universe was developed.
(d) Explanation of natural phenomena.
2. How does Leeming say the Zeus and Hera represented humanity in Greek culture?
(a) In an essentializing portrait.
(b) In a realistic yet skeptical portrait.
(c) In an idealized portrait of man and wife.
(d) In a caricature of male and female spirits.
3. How does Leeming describe Hopi culture?
(a) As warlike.
(b) As patriarchal.
(c) As communal.
(d) As matrilineal.
4. Where does Leeming say the world originates in the Christian creation myth?
5. What does Leeming say had to happen before the Olympian gods could reign in the Greek pantheon?
(a) The flood.
(b) The Olympian gods had to create humans.
(c) Humans had to offer their worship.
(d) Two dynasties of gods had to be overthrown.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Oedipus' birth, what did the oracle predict Oedipus would do?
2. What does Leeming say Jesus and Quetzalcoatl have in common?
3. Who does Leeming say introduced monotheism to Egyptian culture?
4. What was Hiawatha's quest?
5. When was the Book of the Dead made?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)