|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which topic does not fall under cosmology?
(b) The Great Flood.
(c) The meaning of life.
2. Where did the first creation story Leeming cites come from?
3. What does Leeming say ancient cultures realized through cosmogonies?
(a) That the world's spirit pervades all forms.
(b) That death is ubiquitous in life.
(c) That the Great Mother makes all life possible.
(d) That culture survives the deaths of its members.
4. What does Leeming say about cosmogonies?
(a) That they are typically linear narratives.
(b) That they are typically allegorical.
(c) That they are typically female.
(d) That they are typically moral.
5. What does Leeming say the flood represents as a metaphor?
(a) Extreme guilt washing away with forgiveness.
(b) The cleansing effect of death on culture.
(c) The unconscious before experiencing rebirth.
(d) The clean feeling after admitting wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What creation myth does Leeming say modern people favor?
2. Where does Leeming say the world originates in the Christian creation myth?
3. When were the hieroglyphs made that contain the oldest myth Leeming cites?
4. When was the New Testament book of Revelation likely composed?
5. Which narrative is not an aspect of cosmogony?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)