|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say places and objects represent in myths?
(b) Ancestral origins.
(c) The Great Mother.
(d) Actual places.
2. Where did the first creation story Leeming cites come from?
3. Who does Leeming say parallels Lucifer in the Norse pantheon?
4. From where does Leeming take the term "monomyth?"
(a) Gertrude Stein.
(b) Ezra Pound.
(c) T. S. Eliot.
(d) James Joyce.
5. What idea does Leeming say that icons within churches often reinforce?
(a) The idea of inspiration.
(b) The idea of marriage.
(c) The idea of order.
(d) The idea of eternity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say Horus represents, in the Egyptian pantheon?
2. What does Leeming say the loss of genitals represents in myth?
3. Who does Leeming say Theseus' parents were?
4. What does Leeming say Jesus and Quetzalcoatl have in common?
5. When does Leeming say the Greek pantheon was adapted to Roman religion?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)