|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which topic does not fall under cosmology?
(a) The Great Flood.
(d) The meaning of life.
2. What does Leeming say Christ's cross and Odin and Attis' sacred trees represent?
(a) The bridge between death and eternity.
(b) The apotheosis of the hero.
(c) The physical nature of the world.
(d) Dual nature of death.
3. How does Leeming say the hero's quest typically begins?
(a) The hero discovers a special power.
(b) The hero leaves home.
(c) The hero is called into action.
(d) The hero is challenged by an opponent.
4. What does Leeming say about cosmogonies?
(a) That they are typically female.
(b) That they are typically linear narratives.
(c) That they are typically allegorical.
(d) That they are typically moral.
5. At Oedipus' birth, what did the oracle predict Oedipus would do?
(a) Found a new country.
(b) Kill his father and marry his mother.
(c) Discover medicines.
(d) Institute an age of peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is eschatology?
2. What does Leeming say the Hebrew creation myth was concerned with?
3. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
4. What does Leeming say the garden, grove, and cave can be ideal places for?
5. Who is Frigg, in the Norse pantheon?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)