|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Leeming say is the main god in the Norse pantheon?
2. How old was Joan of Arc when she first heart supernatural voices?
3. What does Leeming mean by the term 'monomyth'?
(a) The tendency of most hero stories to follow one pattern.
(b) The single identity of all heroes.
(c) The persistence of the collective unconscious across cultures.
(d) The commonality of elements in all myths.
4. What does Leeming say the garden, grove, and cave can be ideal places for?
(a) Withdrawal for meditation.
(b) Love affairs.
(c) Murders and secret rites.
(d) Political plots and coups.
5. Whose behavior does Leeming say explains the behavior of the Olympian gods in the Greek pantheon?
(a) The Etruscans'.
(b) The Persians'.
(c) The Egyptians'.
(d) The Greek ruling class'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say most myths are like in their nature?
2. From where does Leeming take the term "monomyth?"
3. In Leeming's account, how did the Hopi create their creation myth?
4. Where does Leeming say Jerusalem represents?
5. What does Leeming say suggests a desire to escape from earthly existence?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)