|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Leeming credit the adaptation of the Greek pantheon the Roman religion?
(a) The Trojans.
(b) The Etruscans.
(c) The Aolians.
(d) The Syracusans.
2. How does Leeming say most people celebrate Jerusalem?
(a) As a metaphor.
(b) As a history.
(c) As a physical location.
(d) As an identity.
3. Why mystery does Leeming address with regard to human creation?
(a) Why humans see themselves as fundamentally flawed.
(b) Why humans created gods to justify their discontent.
(c) Why humans fall from grace so quickly after being created by gods.
(d) Why humans have to go through rituals to regain grace.
4. What does Leeming say the flood was for in Mayan culture?
(a) As a way to help cultivate the earth.
(b) Destroying an experimental form of humankind.
(c) As an attempt to avert a war against the gods.
(d) As a punishment for sins against the gods.
5. How does Leeming describe the Greek people's pantheon?
(a) As a set of gods cobbled together into a narrative.
(b) As a nationalization of local gods.
(c) As a system of checks and balances.
(d) As a divine family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say myths describe with regard to individuals relating to the Supreme Being?
2. What qualities does Leeming say Hercules shares with many heroes?
3. What does Leeming say Jesus and Quetzalcoatl have in common?
4. In Leeming's account, why are temples and cities founded on mountains?
5. What does Leeming say is similar between the myths of Hiawatha and the Buddha?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)