|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming describe the trickster gods?
(a) As male and promiscuous.
(b) As young and unmarried.
(c) As gods of craft as well.
(d) As half-goat.
2. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
3. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Meso-American pantheon?
4. What does Leeming say heroes like Karna and Buddha have because of their miraculous births?
(a) Multiple languages.
(c) Adult qualities, even in their innocence.
(d) Pure hearts.
5. What does Leeming say myths describe with regard to individuals relating to the Supreme Being?
(a) Myths describe the irreconcilable split that divides humans from the Supreme Being.
(b) Myths describe the innate unity of each individual with the Supreme Being.
(c) Myths describe the state of formless perfection alongside the Supreme Being.
(d) Myths describe the rules that govern redemption and grace for humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leeming say Moses was called?
2. Who does Leeming say parallels Lucifer in the Norse pantheon?
3. What was Hiawatha's quest?
4. Who attempted to convince the Trojans to accept the wooden horse?
5. When does Leeming say the older Genesis text was likely composed?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)