|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
(c) Re or Atun.
2. Which is not an example of a sacred mountain in Leeming's account?
(a) Mount Sinai.
(b) Mount Olympus.
(c) Mount Everest.
(d) Mount Ararat.
3. What does Leeming say beckoned to King Arthur's knights?
(a) The Holy Grail.
(b) The maid of the lake.
(c) God's angel Gabriel.
(d) The burning bush.
4. When were the hieroglyphs made that contain the oldest myth Leeming cites?
(a) 2200-2000 BCE.
(b) 1500-1200 BCE.
(c) 3000-2200 BCE.
(d) 1800-1500 BCE.
5. What does Leeming say the Aboriginal myth of the Pleiades resembles?
(a) The Sumerian myth of the huntress.
(b) The Native American myth of the seven sisters.
(c) The Greek tale of the priestesses of Artemis being turned into stars.
(d) The Norse myth of the apocalypse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming say the Zeus and Hera represented humanity in Greek culture?
2. When were creation myths repeated in the culture that created the oldest myth Leeming cites?
3. What happened after Moses refused the call to his quest?
4. How does Leeming describe the sanctity of the garden, grove, and cave?
5. What does Leeming say the Hebrew creation myth was concerned with?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)