|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the temple at Delphi a microcosm for in Leeming's account?
(a) The universe.
(b) The Olympic temples.
(c) The city.
(d) The heavens.
2. What does Leeming say that mountain represents as a sacred place?
(a) The permanent presence of the forebears.
(b) The cosmic center.
(c) The end of history.
(d) The prophetic vision.
3. Who sent the angel who called Moses to his quest?
4. How does Leeming describe the trickster gods?
(a) As half-goat.
(b) As male and promiscuous.
(c) As young and unmarried.
(d) As gods of craft as well.
5. What idea does Leeming say that icons within churches often reinforce?
(a) The idea of inspiration.
(b) The idea of order.
(c) The idea of eternity.
(d) The idea of marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is eschatology?
2. What does Leeming say the story of the Pleiades typically illustrates?
3. What does Leeming say the labyrinth represents?
4. When were the Coffin Texts made?
5. What does Leeming say places and objects represent in myths?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)