|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Greco-Roman Pantheon?
2. How do the Greeks explain the presence of winter?
(a) Hades conquers earth.
(b) Zeus bans fertility.
(c) Demeter mourns for her daughter.
(d) Hera goes away on a trip.
3. What symbols in churches does Leeming say represent the Great Mother?
(a) Baptismal fonts.
(c) Flying buttresses.
(d) Stained glass windows.
4. How does Leeming say most people celebrate Jerusalem?
(a) As a metaphor.
(b) As an identity.
(c) As a physical location.
(d) As a history.
5. What does Leeming say beckoned to King Arthur's knights?
(a) God's angel Gabriel.
(b) The burning bush.
(c) The Holy Grail.
(d) The maid of the lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not an example of a sacred mountain in Leeming's account?
2. What does Leeming say the rocks in the stories of Jesus, Arthur, Mithras, and Isaac represent?
3. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
4. What do the various versions of the Egyptian creation myth Leeming cites revolve around?
5. Whose child is Horus, in the Egyptian pantheon?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)