|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creation myth does Leeming say modern people favor?
(a) Intelligent design.
(b) The Big Bang.
(c) Creation ex nihilo.
2. Where does Leeming say Moses was called?
(b) The Red Sea.
(c) The desert.
(d) The Holy Land.
3. In Leeming's account, how did the Hopi create their creation myth?
(a) Through art.
(b) Through initiating their children.
(c) Through song.
(d) Through spreading their culture.
4. Who tempts Gilgamesh in the myth?
5. What does Leeming say each place or object has in myth?
(a) Unconscious significance.
(b) An archetypal significance.
(c) Dual meanings.
(d) Possible significance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Great Mother personifies?
2. What does Leeming say Oedipus was on a quest for?
3. What was Hiawatha's quest?
4. What does Leeming say suggests a desire to escape from earthly existence?
5. Which is not an example of a sacred mountain in Leeming's account?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)