|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sent the angel who called Moses to his quest?
2. How does Leeming say earth religions still worship the Great Mother?
(a) In the form of nature.
(b) In the constellations.
(c) In the seasons.
(d) In modern agriculture.
3. When does Leeming say heroes tend to be born?
(a) When the world is dying.
(b) Half a generation after tyrants or pests.
(c) In spring.
(d) When they are most needed.
4. How does Leeming describe the trickster gods?
(a) As male and promiscuous.
(b) As half-goat.
(c) As gods of craft as well.
(d) As young and unmarried.
5. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
(c) Re or Atun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Hebrew creation myth was concerned with?
2. What does Leeming say the temple at Delphi represents?
3. How does Leeming say the hero's quest typically begins?
4. What does Leeming say the Bethel stone represents?
5. Who does Leeming say Theseus' parents were?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)