|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming say the Supreme Being is frequently characterized?
(a) As the earth.
(b) As a thunderbolt.
(c) As a snake.
(d) As the sun.
2. What does Leeming say Oedipus was on a quest for?
3. How does Leeming describe cosmogonies?
(a) As sacramental.
(b) As prophetic.
(c) As nostalgic.
(d) As ritual.
4. How does Leeming say the Greeks thought of Delphi?
(a) As the center of Greek power.
(b) As the center of the world.
(c) As a tourist destination.
(d) As a business center.
5. What does Leeming say that Galahad found in the Chapel Perilous?
(a) A giant.
(b) The Holy Grail.
(c) Sir Lancelot and Guinevere.
(d) King Arthur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the creation myth called in Mesopotamia?
2. What finally created the human baby in the Water Jar Boy myth?
3. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
4. What does Leeming mean by the term 'monomyth'?
5. How does Leeming describe the sanctity of the garden, grove, and cave?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)