|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say was the natural phenomenon at the heart of the Egyptian religion?
(a) The birth of new children each generation.
(b) The death of each generation.
(c) The flooding of the Nile.
(d) The expansion of the desert.
2. How many gods and goddesses comprised the Greek pantheon?
3. To what does Leeming say the oldest myth refers?
(a) Oceans where life first developed.
(b) Plains where men sow seeds that unite earth and water.
(c) Caves where men are reunited with the earth.
(d) Primeval gathering places or mounds that become fused with the sun.
4. How does Leeming define cosmology?
(a) The study of beauty aids.
(b) The study of the history of the heavens.
(c) The study of the structure of the universe.
(d) The scientific study of the universal order.
5. The first recorded creation myth was part myth and part what else?
(a) Wedding ode.
(b) Rite of passage.
(c) Funeral dirge.
(d) Celebration of the high Marduk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the story of the Pleiades typically illustrates?
2. What does Leeming say is similar between the myths of Hiawatha and the Buddha?
3. What does Leeming say places and objects represent in myths?
4. What does Leeming say Horus represents, in the Egyptian pantheon?
5. What does Leeming say that Galahad found in the Chapel Perilous?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)