|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sent the angel who called Moses to his quest?
2. What does Leeming say the Roman pantheon is rife with?
(a) Political metaphor.
(b) Prophecy of Christ.
(c) Legalistic language.
(d) Anxiety about the Greeks' supremacy.
3. What is the end goal of human development in Hopi myth, in Leeming's account?
(a) Winning glory for their god.
(b) Growing into the light of the Sun God's power.
(c) Converting non-believers to the Hopi perspective.
(d) Manifesting the divinity on earth.
4. What does Leeming say myths describe with regard to individuals relating to the Supreme Being?
(a) Myths describe the state of formless perfection alongside the Supreme Being.
(b) Myths describe the innate unity of each individual with the Supreme Being.
(c) Myths describe the irreconcilable split that divides humans from the Supreme Being.
(d) Myths describe the rules that govern redemption and grace for humans.
5. What does Leeming say is similar between the myths of Hiawatha and the Buddha?
(a) Both conclude with an apotheosis.
(b) Both are related to divine knowledge.
(c) Both can be related to self-denial.
(d) Both involve flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say dominates all myths?
2. To whom does Leeming credit the adaptation of the Greek pantheon the Roman religion?
3. What does Leeming say the hero does with the things the hero attains in heroic feats?
4. Where did the first creation story Leeming cites come from?
5. How does Leeming describe the sanctity of the garden, grove, and cave?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)