|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What element does Leeming say the Water Jar Boy myth contains?
(a) Death by water.
(b) Creation from nothing.
(c) Redemption by penance.
(d) The search for the father.
2. What does Leeming say Cuchulain had upon his birth?
(a) A powerful family.
(b) Six fingers on each hand.
(c) All the powers he needed for his quest.
(d) A sword.
3. What does Leeming say is important about dying gods?
(a) Dying gods explain the seasons.
(b) Dying gods give men reasons to go to war.
(c) Dying gods protect humans from their feelings about death.
(d) Dying gods let cultures experience death and resurrection.
4. What does Leeming say places and objects are associated with in myth?
(a) Sacred properties.
(b) The ordinariness of objects
(c) The immanence of fate.
5. Who does Leeming say is the main god in the Norse pantheon?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Leeming say the oldest myth refers?
2. Whom does Leeming say parallels the serpent in the Christian garden in the Norse pantheon?
3. What does Leeming say happened when the Greek soldiers came out of the wooden horse and captured Troy?
4. What does Leeming say was the natural phenomenon at the heart of the Egyptian religion?
5. What time of year does the time when heroes are born correspond to?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)