|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming describe Antigone's quest?
(a) As an attempt to repent parental sins.
(b) As an attempt to express her human nature.
(c) As a fight against patriarchal culture.
(d) As a fulfillment of prophecy.
2. When was the story of Gilgamesh likely composed?
(a) 900 CE.
(b) 1,500 BCE.
(c) 2000 BCE.
(d) 1,000 BCE.
3. What sign does Leeming say started Moses' myth?
(a) He saw God's backside.
(b) He heard an angel.
(c) The burning bush.
(d) The ten commandments.
4. What does Leeming say Horus represents, in the Egyptian pantheon?
(a) The rebirth of the earth after winter.
(b) The playful nature of fate.
(c) The rage of war.
(d) The spiritual force governing the Pharaoh.
5. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
(a) As patrilineal.
(b) As matriarchal.
(c) As communal.
(d) As warlike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Norse tree of life represents?
2. What does Leeming say is similar between the myths of Hiawatha and the Buddha?
3. What evidence does Leeming cite that suggests the presence of whites in Africa?
4. Who is Frigg, in the Norse pantheon?
5. What does Leeming say Christ's cross and Odin and Attis' sacred trees represent?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)