|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming say most people celebrate Jerusalem?
(a) As an identity.
(b) As a physical location.
(c) As a metaphor.
(d) As a history.
2. What does Leeming say the labyrinth represents?
(a) The dangers of inexperience.
(b) The intricate nature of creation.
(c) The journey into the unknown.
(d) The hidden murderous nature of man.
3. When does Leeming say the older Genesis text was likely composed?
(a) 110 CE.
(b) 950 BCE.
(c) 800 BCE.
(d) 500 BCE.
4. How does Leeming say the Chinese describe the flood?
(a) As an attempt to avert a war against the gods.
(b) As a way to purge a preliminary form of humanity.
(c) As a punishment for sins against the gods.
(d) As a way to help cultivate the earth.
5. Why does Leeming say the hero sometimes refuses the quest?
(a) Because they are afraid.
(b) Because they distrust their mission.
(c) Because of a sense of unworthiness.
(d) Because they do not want to be heroes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem or question does Leeming say cultures were addressing in cosmogonies?
2. What does Leeming say the flood was for in Mayan culture?
3. How does Leeming define gods?
4. Where is the Norse pantheon first described in writing?
5. How old was Joan of Arc when she first heart supernatural voices?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)