|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the gods function as in myth?
(a) Masks and metaphors.
2. How does Leeming describe Delphi?
(a) As a city.
(b) As a sacred precinct.
(c) As a meeting place.
(d) As a place of exile.
3. What does Leeming say about cosmogonies?
(a) That they are typically linear narratives.
(b) That they are typically allegorical.
(c) That they are typically female.
(d) That they are typically moral.
4. When were the Coffin Texts made?
(a) 3000-2134 BCE.
(b) 2134 BCE.
(c) 2134-1660 BCE.
(d) 2134-1200 BCE.
5. What does Leeming say urged the Buddha into action?
(a) The four signs.
(b) The lotus flower.
(c) A war.
(d) His parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the labyrinth represents?
2. What is an ontological reason for myth?
3. Who was the oldest divine being in the Greek pantheon?
4. For what does Leeming say the gods are metaphors?
5. How does Leeming say Krishna is seen in Indian culture?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)