|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say Jesus and Quetzalcoatl have in common?
(a) They were both reborn.
(b) They both preached love.
(c) They were both divine humans.
(d) They were both born of virgins.
2. Who is Frigg, in the Norse pantheon?
(a) Odin's wife.
(b) The goddess of the hunt.
(c) The earth mother.
(d) The goddess of cultivation.
3. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
4. What does Leeming say that Galahad found in the Chapel Perilous?
(a) The Holy Grail.
(b) King Arthur.
(c) A giant.
(d) Sir Lancelot and Guinevere.
5. What does Leeming say suggests a desire to escape from earthly existence?
(a) The evolution of morals and laws.
(b) The transition from struggle and creation to fall from grace.
(c) The transformation from instinctual to moral consciousness.
(d) The development of technology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first recorded creation myth from?
2. Who does Leeming say introduced monotheism to Egyptian culture?
3. What does Leeming say happened when the Greek soldiers came out of the wooden horse and captured Troy?
4. Who does Leeming say is the main god in the Norse pantheon?
5. Why does Leeming say trees are often sacred symbols?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)