|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the temple at Delphi a microcosm for in Leeming's account?
(a) The Olympic temples.
(b) The universe.
(c) The city.
(d) The heavens.
2. What does Leeming say myths describe with regard to individuals relating to the Supreme Being?
(a) Myths describe the innate unity of each individual with the Supreme Being.
(b) Myths describe the irreconcilable split that divides humans from the Supreme Being.
(c) Myths describe the rules that govern redemption and grace for humans.
(d) Myths describe the state of formless perfection alongside the Supreme Being.
3. What does Leeming say places and objects are associated with in myth?
(a) The immanence of fate.
(b) The ordinariness of objects
(d) Sacred properties.
4. What does Leeming say urged the Buddha into action?
(a) His parents.
(b) A war.
(c) The four signs.
(d) The lotus flower.
5. Where does Leeming say the garden, grove, and cave derive their sanctity?
(a) Their remoteness from daily human experience.
(b) Their darkness.
(c) Their relationship with the Great Mother.
(d) Their special and different set of rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Indian creation myths were concerned with?
2. What does Leeming say Christ's cross and Odin and Attis' sacred trees represent?
3. What does Leeming say Isis is the goddess of?
4. What does Leeming say the Great Mother personifies?
5. How does Leeming say Krishna is seen in Indian culture?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)