|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Hebrew creation myth was concerned with?
(a) The indifference of the creator to his creation.
(b) The role of humanity in the universe.
(c) The possibility of justice in dealings with people.
(d) The morality of human beings.
2. What qualities does Leeming say Hercules shares with many heroes?
(a) He did not have control over his impulses, but he was very strong and honest.
(b) He was childlike but wise.
(c) He was mortally threatened at a young age and lived to overcome danger.
(d) He was a buffoon but he was put to use in dangerous tasks.
3. What does Leeming say the Tree of Knowledge in the Hebraic myth foreshadows?
(a) The apotheosis of Christ.
(b) The cross of Christ.
(c) The return to the Holy Land.
(d) The loss of the Holy Land.
4. Who does Leeming say parallels Lucifer in the Norse pantheon?
5. To whom does Leeming credit the adaptation of the Greek pantheon the Roman religion?
(a) The Syracusans.
(b) The Trojans.
(c) The Aolians.
(d) The Etruscans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say Isis is the goddess of?
2. In Leeming's account, why are temples and cities founded on mountains?
3. Where does Leeming say the garden, grove, and cave derive their sanctity?
4. Why mystery does Leeming address with regard to human creation?
5. How does Leeming describe the Boshongo culture?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)