|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leeming say the garden, grove, and cave derive their sanctity?
(a) Their remoteness from daily human experience.
(b) Their darkness.
(c) Their relationship with the Great Mother.
(d) Their special and different set of rules.
2. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Greco-Roman Pantheon?
3. What does Leeming say European cathedrals are thought to represent?
(a) The thoughts of God.
(b) The light of inspiration.
(c) The rock on which the church exists.
(d) The body of Christ on a horizontal plane.
4. What is the end goal of human development in Hopi myth, in Leeming's account?
(a) Growing into the light of the Sun God's power.
(b) Converting non-believers to the Hopi perspective.
(c) Manifesting the divinity on earth.
(d) Winning glory for their god.
5. What was the young girl in the Water Jar Boy myth doing when she got pregnant?
(b) Picking flowers in a field.
(c) Mixing clay.
(d) Washing clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming say the Zeus and Hera represented humanity in Greek culture?
2. How does Leeming describe cosmogonies?
3. Why mystery does Leeming address with regard to human creation?
4. What does Leeming say the labyrinth represents?
5. Where does Leeming say Jerusalem represents?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)