|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What qualities does Leeming say Hercules shares with many heroes?
(a) He was a buffoon but he was put to use in dangerous tasks.
(b) He did not have control over his impulses, but he was very strong and honest.
(c) He was mortally threatened at a young age and lived to overcome danger.
(d) He was childlike but wise.
2. How does Leeming say most people celebrate Jerusalem?
(a) As a physical location.
(b) As an identity.
(c) As a metaphor.
(d) As a history.
3. Who does Leeming say introduced monotheism to Egyptian culture?
4. What evidence does Leeming cite to argue for a single matriarch at the beginning of the Greek pantheon?
(a) Gaia created her own mate.
(b) Gaia devoured her offspring.
(c) Gaia fought to enthrone each of her husbands.
(d) Gaia killed her husbands.
5. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say the gods function as in myth?
2. Where does Leeming say heroes typically find their foes?
3. From where does Leeming take the term "monomyth?"
4. What does Leeming say the Aboriginal myth of the Pleiades resembles?
5. How old was Joan of Arc when she first heart supernatural voices?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)