|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Supreme Being represents?
(a) The embodiment of kingship.
(b) The possibility of redemption.
(c) The laws of creation.
(d) The beginning and end of time.
2. What does Leeming say is similar between the myths of Hiawatha and the Buddha?
(a) Both conclude with an apotheosis.
(b) Both involve flowers.
(c) Both are related to divine knowledge.
(d) Both can be related to self-denial.
3. How does Leeming say Buddha was conceived?
(a) He was conceived by the sky god.
(b) He created himself through his mother's dreams.
(c) He was a normal human baby.
(d) He was conceived first as a snake.
4. Where did the first creation story Leeming cites come from?
5. What does Leeming say cosmogonies represent?
(a) Historical realities.
(b) Future predictions.
(c) Scientific truths.
(d) Cultural truths.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Leeming say the struggle among gods in the Egyptian pantheon is a metaphor?
2. What was Hiawatha's quest?
3. Where does Leeming say Moses was called?
4. The first recorded creation myth was part myth and part what else?
5. What does Leeming say the gods function as in myth?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)