|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say urged the Buddha into action?
(a) His parents.
(b) The lotus flower.
(c) A war.
(d) The four signs.
2. To whom does Leeming say the Egyptian god Isis corresponds in the Greek pantheon?
3. What does Leeming say the Supreme Being represents?
(a) The embodiment of kingship.
(b) The beginning and end of time.
(c) The laws of creation.
(d) The possibility of redemption.
4. What is the end goal of human development in Hopi myth, in Leeming's account?
(a) Manifesting the divinity on earth.
(b) Winning glory for their god.
(c) Growing into the light of the Sun God's power.
(d) Converting non-believers to the Hopi perspective.
5. Why does Leeming say cultures give human form to Supreme Beings?
(a) Because a Supreme Being protects them from the night.
(b) Because humans tend to see their virtues as outlasting them.
(c) Because they cannot express the sublimity of existence without giving it a human face.
(d) Because they do not understand anything beyond human limitations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say myths describe with regard to individuals relating to the Supreme Being?
2. Who does Leeming say Theseus' parents were?
3. What does Leeming say Cuchulain had upon his birth?
4. How did King Arthur assume the throne?
5. Who is Frigg, in the Norse pantheon?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)