|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened after Moses refused the call to his quest?
(a) He lost everything he owned.
(b) He was swallowed by a whale.
(c) He was converted.
(d) He was threatened.
2. When does Leeming say the Greek pantheon was adapted to Roman religion?
(a) 900-500 BCE.
(b) 300-100 BCE.
(c) 500-400 BCE.
(d) 600-400 BCE.
3. What does Leeming say the story of the Pleiades typically illustrates?
(a) The persecution of a group of women.
(b) The female principle that only shows itself out of the corner of your eye.
(c) The interrelationships of sisters.
(d) The light that comes out of darkness.
4. How does Leeming say the Greek pantheon differs from other pantheons?
(a) The Greek gods had a great number of human attributes.
(b) The Greek gods were not always more powerful than humans.
(c) The Greek gods were imposed on cultures Greeks influenced.
(d) The Greek gods retained their local origins and cults.
5. What psychological experience does Leeming say is central to cosmogonies?
(a) The rise of consciousness from unconsciousness.
(b) The rise of technology.
(c) The rise of nationalism from tribalism.
(d) The rise of industry from crafts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tempts Gilgamesh in the myth?
2. How does Leeming say the Supreme Being is frequently characterized?
3. What does Leeming say about the birth of God?
4. What does Leeming say was the natural phenomenon at the heart of the Egyptian religion?
5. What do the various versions of the Egyptian creation myth Leeming cites revolve around?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)