|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say is consistent from one set of myths to another?
(a) Heroes and heroines.
(b) Transcendent truths.
(c) Monsters and angels.
(d) Universal human concerns.
2. How does Leeming define cosmology?
(a) The study of the structure of the universe.
(b) The scientific study of the universal order.
(c) The study of beauty aids.
(d) The study of the history of the heavens.
3. Who tempts Gilgamesh in the myth?
4. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
(d) Free will.
5. What does Leeming say the Supreme Being represents?
(a) The possibility of redemption.
(b) The laws of creation.
(c) The beginning and end of time.
(d) The embodiment of kingship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say beckoned to King Arthur's knights?
2. Whose behavior does Leeming say explains the behavior of the Olympian gods in the Greek pantheon?
3. What is cosmogony?
4. What does Leeming say the Roman pantheon is rife with?
5. What evidence does Leeming cite to argue for a single matriarch at the beginning of the Greek pantheon?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)