|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the hero attains in heroic feats?
(a) New crafts and techniques.
(b) Wealth and status.
(c) New powers and knowledge.
2. What does Leeming say had to happen before the Olympian gods could reign in the Greek pantheon?
(a) The Olympian gods had to create humans.
(b) Two dynasties of gods had to be overthrown.
(c) The flood.
(d) Humans had to offer their worship.
3. When was the Book of the Dead made?
(a) 2134 BCE.
(b) 1200 CE.
(c) 1550 BCE.
(d) 1400 CE.
4. What problem or question does Leeming say cultures were addressing in cosmogonies?
(a) The question of how life forms evolved and differentiated.
(b) The question of why men are stronger than women are.
(c) The question of how man rose to the summit of power over nature.
(d) The question of birth from nothing.
5. Who does Leeming say introduced monotheism to Egyptian culture?
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the hieroglyphs made that contain the oldest myth Leeming cites?
2. Whom does Leeming say parallels the serpent in the Christian garden in the Norse pantheon?
3. What does Leeming say was the central organizing principle of the Christian Creation myth?
4. How does Leeming say the Greek pantheon differs from other pantheons?
5. What does Leeming say the stories of heroes who return or are reborn signify?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)