|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say Oedipus was on a quest for?
2. What was the young girl in the Water Jar Boy myth doing when she got pregnant?
(a) Washing clothing.
(b) Mixing clay.
(c) Picking flowers in a field.
3. Who is Frigg, in the Norse pantheon?
(a) The goddess of cultivation.
(b) The earth mother.
(c) The goddess of the hunt.
(d) Odin's wife.
4. Where does Leeming say the world originates in the Christian creation myth?
5. What problem or question does Leeming say cultures were addressing in cosmogonies?
(a) The question of birth from nothing.
(b) The question of why men are stronger than women are.
(c) The question of how man rose to the summit of power over nature.
(d) The question of how life forms evolved and differentiated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose child is Horus, in the Egyptian pantheon?
2. How does Leeming describe the trickster gods?
3. What does Leeming say about the birth of God?
4. What does Leeming say the Egyptian pantheon is centered on?
5. What creation myth does Leeming say modern people favor?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)