|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Leeming say the struggle among gods in the Egyptian pantheon is a metaphor?
(a) Historical political and religious conflicts in 4,000 BCE.
(b) The human struggle against evil.
(c) The invasion of Ethiopians in 2,200 BCE.
(d) The expansion of trade in the Mediterranean.
2. What does Leeming say the Roman pantheon is rife with?
(a) Anxiety about the Greeks' supremacy.
(b) Legalistic language.
(c) Political metaphor.
(d) Prophecy of Christ.
3. What does Leeming say Oedipus was on a quest for?
4. Who does Leeming say introduced monotheism to Egyptian culture?
5. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
(b) Re or Atun.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first recorded creation myth was part myth and part what else?
2. How does Leeming define gods?
3. Why does Leeming say the hero sometimes refuses the quest?
4. Where does Leeming say heroes typically find their foes?
5. Why mystery does Leeming address with regard to human creation?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)