|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were the hieroglyphs made that contain the oldest myth Leeming cites?
(a) 2200-2000 BCE.
(b) 1500-1200 BCE.
(c) 3000-2200 BCE.
(d) 1800-1500 BCE.
2. What creation myth does Leeming say modern people favor?
(b) Creation ex nihilo.
(c) Intelligent design.
(d) The Big Bang.
3. Who sent the angel who called Moses to his quest?
4. Why mystery does Leeming address with regard to human creation?
(a) Why humans see themselves as fundamentally flawed.
(b) Why humans have to go through rituals to regain grace.
(c) Why humans created gods to justify their discontent.
(d) Why humans fall from grace so quickly after being created by gods.
5. What does Leeming say the Hebrew creation myth was concerned with?
(a) The morality of human beings.
(b) The indifference of the creator to his creation.
(c) The role of humanity in the universe.
(d) The possibility of justice in dealings with people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming describe the Greek people's pantheon?
2. What forms does Leeming say the heroes' guides will take?
3. When was the Book of the Dead made?
4. How does Leeming say Buddha was conceived?
5. Where does Leeming say heroes typically find their foes?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)