|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the hero does with the things the hero attains in heroic feats?
(a) Found new nations.
(b) Renew culture from death.
(c) Redeem sinners.
(d) Share them with the people.
2. How does Leeming define cosmology?
(a) The study of the history of the heavens.
(b) The study of the structure of the universe.
(c) The study of beauty aids.
(d) The scientific study of the universal order.
3. Where does Leeming say the world originates in the Christian creation myth?
4. Where does Leeming say the Great Mother began to play a role over time?
(a) In modern art.
(b) In primitive culture.
(c) In folklore.
(d) In industrial religion.
5. What time of year does the time when heroes are born correspond to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leeming say Buddha was conceived?
2. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
3. What evidence does Leeming cite that suggests the presence of whites in Africa?
4. How does Leeming describe Hopi culture?
5. What does Leeming say a monomyth consists of?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)