|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the various versions of the Egyptian creation myth Leeming cites revolve around?
(a) The different justifications for divine kings' rule.
(b) The different names for the god.
(c) The different explanations for consciousness.
(d) The competing theories for creation.
2. What does Leeming say the Indian creation myths were concerned with?
(a) The ability of the human will to make moral decisions.
(b) The variety of forms the creator made.
(c) The emergence of the mind from nothingness.
(d) The insufficiency of the human mind to comprehending creation.
3. How does Leeming say earth religions still worship the Great Mother?
(a) In the seasons.
(b) In modern agriculture.
(c) In the constellations.
(d) In the form of nature.
4. For what does Leeming say the gods are metaphors?
(a) The collective unconscious.
(b) Earth, wind, water and fire.
(c) Timeless laws of the universe.
(d) Elements of society, as well as human emotions.
5. When were creation myths repeated in the culture that created the oldest myth Leeming cites?
(a) During weddings and births.
(b) During coronations and funerals.
(c) During rites of passage.
(d) During wars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leeming say Isis is the goddess of?
2. What does Leeming say myths describe with regard to individuals relating to the Supreme Being?
3. What does Leeming say dominates all myths?
4. What forms does Leeming say the heroes' guides will take?
5. When were the Coffin Texts made?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)