|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say the Egyptian pantheon is centered on?
(b) The balance between free will and fate.
(c) The possibility of self-fulfillment.
(d) Death and resurrection.
2. How does Leeming say the Supreme Being is frequently characterized?
(a) As the sun.
(b) As the earth.
(c) As a snake.
(d) As a thunderbolt.
3. What happened after Moses refused the call to his quest?
(a) He lost everything he owned.
(b) He was threatened.
(c) He was swallowed by a whale.
(d) He was converted.
4. In Leeming's account, how did the Hopi create their creation myth?
(a) Through art.
(b) Through song.
(c) Through initiating their children.
(d) Through spreading their culture.
5. Where does Leeming say Moses was called?
(a) The Holy Land.
(b) The desert.
(d) The Red Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leeming say the Greek name Zeus comes from?
2. What does Leeming say the Supreme Being represents?
3. Who was the oldest divine being in the Greek pantheon?
4. What is an ontological reason for myth?
5. What does Leeming say the Aboriginal myth of the Pleiades resembles?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)