|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leeming say Isis is the goddess of?
(a) The earth and moon.
(d) The hearth.
2. What does Leeming say the Great Mother personifies?
(a) The planet earth.
(b) The pains of childbirth.
(d) The process of being born.
3. What is the end goal of human development in Hopi myth, in Leeming's account?
(a) Growing into the light of the Sun God's power.
(b) Winning glory for their god.
(c) Manifesting the divinity on earth.
(d) Converting non-believers to the Hopi perspective.
4. Who was the sun god of Heliopolis?
(a) Re or Atun.
5. Who is Frigg, in the Norse pantheon?
(a) Odin's wife.
(b) The goddess of cultivation.
(c) The earth mother.
(d) The goddess of the hunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leeming say is the archetypal helper god in the Greco-Roman Pantheon?
2. In Leeming's account, how did the Hopi create their creation myth?
3. What does Leeming say Horus represents, in the Egyptian pantheon?
4. What does Leeming say a monomyth consists of?
5. Why does Leeming say cultures give human form to Supreme Beings?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)