|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During whose reign was the first creation myth recorded, according to Leeming?
2. What other divine figure does Leeming say the main Norse god resembles?
3. What does Leeming say Isis is the goddess of?
(a) The hearth.
(d) The earth and moon.
4. What element does Leeming say the Water Jar Boy myth contains?
(a) The search for the father.
(b) Death by water.
(c) Redemption by penance.
(d) Creation from nothing.
5. Where does Leeming say the Greek name Zeus comes from?
(a) The Persian for power.
(b) The Sumerian for death.
(c) The Sanskrit for light or day.
(d) The Egyptian for thunder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why mystery does Leeming address with regard to human creation?
2. What is cosmogony?
3. What does Leeming say suggests a desire to escape from earthly existence?
4. What psychological experience does Leeming say is central to cosmogonies?
5. What happened after Moses refused the call to his quest?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)