|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leeming say the Chinese describe the flood?
(a) As a way to purge a preliminary form of humanity.
(b) As a way to help cultivate the earth.
(c) As an attempt to avert a war against the gods.
(d) As a punishment for sins against the gods.
2. What creation myth does Leeming say modern people favor?
(a) Creation ex nihilo.
(b) The Big Bang.
(d) Intelligent design.
3. What forms does Leeming say the heroes' guides will take?
(a) Wise men or fairy godmothers.
(b) Step-parents or stepsiblings.
(c) Animal spirits and stars.
4. Whom does Leeming say parallels the serpent in the Christian garden in the Norse pantheon?
5. How does Leeming describe the mythic concern with creation?
(a) As a metaphor for storytelling.
(b) As a metaphor for maturity.
(c) As a metaphor for history.
(d) As a metaphor for birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leeming say Moses was called?
2. What does Leeming say about the birth of God?
3. What qualities does Leeming say Hercules shares with many heroes?
4. Who does Leeming say Theseus' parents were?
5. What is cosmogony?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)