|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tempts Gilgamesh in the myth?
2. What was Hiawatha's quest?
(a) Fending off monsters.
(b) Finding a holy cup.
(c) Fleeing her uncle.
(d) Freeing her parents.
3. What does Leeming say the flood was for in Mayan culture?
(a) Destroying an experimental form of humankind.
(b) As an attempt to avert a war against the gods.
(c) As a way to help cultivate the earth.
(d) As a punishment for sins against the gods.
4. What does Leeming say about cosmogonies?
(a) That they are typically female.
(b) That they are typically linear narratives.
(c) That they are typically moral.
(d) That they are typically allegorical.
5. Who does Leeming say parallels Lucifer in the Norse pantheon?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the New Testament book of Revelation likely composed?
2. How does Leeming describe Hopi culture?
3. From what language does the term "Cosmogony" derive?
4. How old was Joan of Arc when she first heart supernatural voices?
5. What does Leeming say the flood represents as a metaphor?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)