|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Paula spend her days waiting for in the 80's?
2. How did Charlo feel when picking out a wedding ring?
3. Why did Paula not mind being poor when she was first married?
4. What was Charlo doing on his wedding night?
5. What did Charlo suggest skipping on his wedding day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Paula's wedding gift from her mother-in-law, and why does Paula think she gave this?
2. What surprised Paula the first time Charlo met her family?
3. How does Paula imagine Kevin's life is like after his wife's death?
4. How did Charlo spend his wedding night?
5. How did Charlo prove to Paula that she was dependent on his money?
6. How did Paula spend her wedding night?
7. What led Paula to finally fight back against Charlo?
8. Why did Paula try to get drunk before Charlo got home?
9. What is ironic about the name of the Fleming's house?
10. How did Paula fight back against Charlo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of Paula's coping mechanisms during hard times in her life, and how did these shape her situations for the good and the bad?
Essay Topic 2
Paula endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)