|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Charlo do when he got to the honeymoon suite?
2. What did Paula call the other women with the same injuries as herself?
3. What does Paula say made up the daze she lived in while being abused?
4. What did Charlo threaten to do if Paula left him?
5. Who built Paula's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mr. Fleming try to protect his wife?
2. What was Paula's wedding gift from her mother-in-law, and why does Paula think she gave this?
3. What did Paula say to herself every time Charlo hit her?
4. What does Paula say was her main reason for marrying Charlo?
5. What does Paula find funny about the death of her husband?
6. How did Paula spend her wedding night?
7. What does Paula find depressing about the Christmas story?
8. What happened at Paula's reception?
9. Why did Paula not leave Charlo before she did?
10. How did Charlo prove to Paula that she was dependent on his money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Hypocrisy was an attribute that was highlighted in this book. Where did hypocrisy appear, and how did the inclusion of this attribute affect Jamal throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)