|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paula first see Charlo's dead body?
2. How are Paula and Nicola related?
3. What does Paula do for a living?
4. What did Paula learn to love while at St. Mary's?
5. What was Charlo doing while Paula made a mess in his parent's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paula say got her negative attention as a teenager?
2. What does Paula say the difference between wanking and masturbation is?
3. How did Paula feel when she first started dating Charlo, and why?
4. What did Paula mistake for a bathroom at Charlo's house?
5. Who did Paula have a crush on as a teen, and why does this surprise her?
6. What advice does Paula give Nicola about dating?
7. How does Paula talk herself out of leaving Charlo when she first realizes he is not a nice guy?
8. Why is Paula happy that Nicola has no need to cling to memories?
9. How do Paula and her sisters respond to the news of Charlo's death?
10. What were the two labels given to young women when Paula was growing up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Paula do at Lambay Island, and how did what happened there change her ideas on life?
Essay Topic 2
Hypocrisy was an attribute that was highlighted in this book. Where did hypocrisy appear, and how did the inclusion of this attribute affect Jamal throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
What was Mrs. Spencer's wedding gift to Paula, and what significance did this gift have on the plot?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)