|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Paula wank her first boyfriend?
2. Where does Paula get the idea to read with Jack?
3. What did Paula desperately need to do when she met Charlo's parents?
4. Why did Paula wish for the death of her children?
5. What did Paula learn to love while at St. Mary's?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paula feel as she pours gin down her throat?
2. How do Paula and her sisters respond to the news of Charlo's death?
3. What did Paula do when she wet her pants in the Spencers' bathroom?
4. How does Paula teach her daughter about sex, and why?
5. Why does Carmel say she can never think kindly about her father?
6. How does Nicola respond to the news of her father's death?
7. How did Charlo die?
8. How did Paula learn about sex?
9. What does Paula do to get around her own rule?
10. What rule does Paula make for herself for the sake of her children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kinds of abuse were included in this book, and how did this theme affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What were Paula's thoughts on education, and how did this change her actions. How did this ideal of his change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How is this plot line presented, and why do you think the author chose to present his story in this way?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)