|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Paula do when Charlo ate something out of her panties?
(a) Ran away.
2. What did Paula NOT get to do on her wedding day?
(a) Say goodbye to her friends.
(b) Have a romantic night with her husband.
(c) Toss her bouquet.
(d) All of these.
3. Why did Paula want to kill herself while being abused?
(a) It would numb the fear.
(b) It would have stopped the pain.
(c) It would give her a second chance.
(d) It would have angered Charlo.
4. How does Paula describe her mother when she met Charlo?
(a) A shadow.
(b) An angel.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A spirit.
5. What did Mr. Fleming drive right into before his wife's death?
(a) The lake.
(b) A fence.
(c) A road block.
(d) The bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paula describe the 80's?
2. How does Paula describe alcohol during the abuse?
3. Why does Paula refuse to see Mr. Fleming?
4. What did Paula enjoy about her honeymoon location?
5. What were men wearing when Mrs. Fleming was shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mrs. Doyle's grandchild die, and what did Paula think of this?
2. What does Paula find ironic about her choice in Charlo?
3. What does Paula find depressing about the Christmas story?
4. When did Charlo hit Paula for the first time?
5. What is ironic about the name of the Fleming's house?
6. What shocks Paula most of all about Mrs. Fleming's death?
7. How did Charlo prove to Paula that she was dependent on his money?
8. What changed in the relationship between Paula's parents as Paula got older?
9. What does Paula beg of the reader, and why?
10. How did Paula spend her wedding night?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)