|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business did Mrs. Doyle run?
(a) A diner.
(b) A museum.
(c) A truck stop.
(d) A bed and breakfast.
2. What did Charlo talk to Paula's dad about when they first met?
3. How did Charlo act when he met Paula's family?
4. Who was the only person to recognize Charlo's abuse?
5. How did Paula respond to the story of Mrs. Doyle's grandchild's death?
(a) She laughed.
(b) She cried.
(c) She sighed.
(d) She vomited.
Short Answer Questions
1. What led Paula to hit Charlo?
2. What is Paula's father's favorite television program?
3. What would Charlo call out while making love to Paula while beating her?
4. What is Mrs. Fleming's name?
5. What does Paula remember about her wedding day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changed in the relationship between Paula's parents as Paula got older?
2. How did Paula fight back against Charlo?
3. What does Paula say was her main reason for marrying Charlo?
4. What surprised Paula the first time Charlo met her family?
5. What was Paula's wedding gift from her mother-in-law, and why does Paula think she gave this?
6. What shocks Paula most of all about Mrs. Fleming's death?
7. What does Paula find funny about the death of her husband?
8. What is ironic about the name of the Fleming's house?
9. How did Charlo prove to Paula that she was dependent on his money?
10. Why did Charlo think one gun would be enough to make the bank robbery successful?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)