|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Paula not kill herself?
(a) To stop the violence.
(b) To live her life.
(c) To protect her children.
(d) To give her due to Charlo.
2. Where did Paula dream of working one day while being abused?
(a) An office.
(b) A bar.
(c) A school.
(d) A restaurant.
3. What does Paula remember about her wedding day?
(a) She was drunk.
(b) She was afraid.
(c) There were happy moments.
(d) It was a blur.
4. How long was Paula abused by Charlo?
(a) 22 years.
(b) 17 years.
(c) 16 years.
(d) 20 years.
5. What did Charlo suggest skipping on his wedding day?
(a) All of these.
(b) The ceremony.
(c) The church.
(d) The reception.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Charlo feel when he learned Paula was pregnant for the first time?
2. What did Paula have to guard in her house?
3. Who always took Paula to the hospital after she was beat?
4. Where did Paula go for her honeymoon?
5. What did most doctors attribute Paula's injuries to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Paula blame for the abuse she received from Charlo, and why?
2. How did Mr. Fleming try to protect his wife?
3. What happened at Paula's reception?
4. What did Paula say to herself every time Charlo hit her?
5. What does Paula day dream about while being abused?
6. How does Paula imagine Kevin's life is like after his wife's death?
7. What surprised Paula the first time Charlo met her family?
8. What was Paula's wedding gift from her mother-in-law, and why does Paula think she gave this?
9. What does Paula find ironic about her choice in Charlo?
10. What kind of character is Mrs. Fleming, and what does she do for the plot?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)