|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paula remember about her wedding day?
(a) She was afraid.
(b) There were happy moments.
(c) It was a blur.
(d) She was drunk.
2. How did Paula get through her lucid days while being abused?
(a) She drank.
(b) She wrote.
(c) She played with her children.
(d) She daydreamed.
3. How long was Paula engaged before her wedding day?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 1 month.
4. How did Carmel show Paula she cared while she was being abused?
(a) She told others.
(b) She stood up to Charlo.
(c) She gave her money.
(d) She kept butting in.
5. What did most doctors attribute Paula's injuries to?
(a) Working conditions.
(b) Drunk behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Charlo act when he met Paula's family?
2. How did Charlo feel when picking out a wedding ring?
3. How is Paula reminded of her wedding day?
4. What did Paula pretend to be while hitting Charlo?
5. How did Charlo feel when he learned Paula was pregnant for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Paula's wedding gift from her mother-in-law, and why does Paula think she gave this?
2. What does Paula day dream about while being abused?
3. What kind of character is Mrs. Fleming, and what does she do for the plot?
4. What does Paula find ironic about her choice in Charlo?
5. How did Mrs. Doyle's grandchild die, and what did Paula think of this?
6. What is ironic about the name of the Fleming's house?
7. Who does Paula blame for the abuse she received from Charlo, and why?
8. What shocks Paula most of all about Mrs. Fleming's death?
9. What does Paula say was her main reason for marrying Charlo?
10. Why did Paula try to get drunk before Charlo got home?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)