|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What snack did Charlo's mother make when Paula met her?
(b) Cookies and tea.
2. How does Paula describe the atmosphere of St. Mary's?
3. Why has Carmel never married?
(a) She is not pretty.
(b) She is too busy.
(c) She is a lesbian.
(d) She hates men.
4. When does Paula say she can believe anything?
(a) When she is drunk.
(b) When she is asleep.
(c) When she is depressed.
(d) When she is alone.
5. How did dating Charlo stop others from calling Paula bad names?
(a) They lost all respect for her.
(b) People were afraid of Charlo.
(c) They saw they were wrong.
(d) People were jealous of Paula.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Paula when she went on vacation growing up?
2. How did Paula's friends describe Charlo before she met him?
3. What did Paula routinely deny in her life?
4. Why is Paula so grateful when Denise agrees with her about the past?
5. How does Carmel describe her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Paula become so vulgar in high school?
2. What attracted Paula to Charlo in the first place?
3. How did Paula learn about sex?
4. When does Paula first realize that Charlo is not a nice guy?
5. What advice does Paula give Nicola about dating?
6. Why does Carmel say she can never think kindly about her father?
7. What does Paula do to get around her own rule?
8. Who did Paula have a crush on as a teen, and why does this surprise her?
9. Why has Paula not seen Charlo in a while when she learns of his death?
10. How did one of Paula's sisters die?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)