|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mr. Dillon give good grades in exchange for?
(b) Hard work.
2. How did Paula's friends describe Charlo before she met him?
(a) A bad boy.
(b) A gang kid.
(c) A smart boy.
(d) A strong man.
3. What does Paula love about her co-workers?
(a) Their stories.
(b) Their sense of humor.
(c) The comraderie she has with them.
(d) Their support of her.
4. How did dating Charlo stop others from calling Paula bad names?
(a) They saw they were wrong.
(b) People were jealous of Paula.
(c) They lost all respect for her.
(d) People were afraid of Charlo.
5. What did Paula routinely deny in her life?
(a) She was sad.
(b) She was abused.
(c) All of these.
(d) She was intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Paula throw her underpants when at Charlo's parent's house?
2. What time of year does Paula hate the most?
3. What was Paula praised for at St. Mary's?
4. What snack did Charlo's mother make when Paula met her?
5. What will Leanne be the first O'Leary to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Charlo die?
2. What were the two labels given to young women when Paula was growing up?
3. What advice does Paula give Nicola about dating?
4. What about Charlo lingers in the house after his death?
5. What attracted Paula to Charlo in the first place?
6. When does Paula first realize that Charlo is not a nice guy?
7. How did Paula learn about sex?
8. What did Paula like about Mrs. Spencer when they first met?
9. Who did Paula have a crush on as a teen, and why does this surprise her?
10. What group would Paula like to join, and why has she not done it yet?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)