|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stood up to teachers for Paula?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sisters.
2. Where does this book take place?
3. How many teachers did Paula have at St. Mary's?
4. Who cleaned up the mess Paula made in Charlo's parent's house?
(b) Charlo's mother.
5. Why has Carmel never married?
(a) She is a lesbian.
(b) She hates men.
(c) She is not pretty.
(d) She is too busy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paula give her children every morning?
2. How did dating Charlo stop others from calling Paula bad names?
3. What does Paula never want Jack to wear?
4. How many girls were in Paula's class at St. Mary's?
5. What did Paula learn to love while at St. Mary's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Paula happy that Nicola has no need to cling to memories?
2. What did Paula do when she wet her pants in the Spencers' bathroom?
3. How does Paula first see the body of her dead husband?
4. What group would Paula like to join, and why has she not done it yet?
5. What does Paula do to get around her own rule?
6. What does Paula say got her negative attention as a teenager?
7. What attracted Paula to Charlo in the first place?
8. What did Paula mistake for a bathroom at Charlo's house?
9. How do Paula and her sisters respond to the news of Charlo's death?
10. What does Paula say the difference between wanking and masturbation is?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)