|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Charlo feel when he learned Paula was pregnant for the first time?
2. Why did Paula not mind being poor when she was first married?
(a) She was living on credit.
(b) She had never been rich.
(c) She knew better things were coming.
(d) She was in love.
3. Who was the only person to recognize Charlo's abuse?
4. What did Paula hit Charlo with?
(a) A frying pan.
(b) A bat.
(c) A gun.
(d) A hair dryer.
5. What was Charlo doing on his wedding night?
(a) Dealing drugs.
(c) Robbing a bank.
6. What is Richie's occupation?
7. What did Charlo call Paula when she threatened to leave him?
(a) A loser.
(b) A terrible mother.
(c) A nothing.
(d) A pathetic drunk.
8. Where does Mr. Fleming work?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A bank.
(c) A prison.
(d) A factory.
9. What kind of business did Mrs. Doyle run?
(a) A museum.
(b) A bed and breakfast.
(c) A diner.
(d) A truck stop.
10. What does Paula remember about her wedding day?
(a) There were happy moments.
(b) She was afraid.
(c) She was drunk.
(d) It was a blur.
11. Who planned Paula's honeymoon?
(c) Mr. Spencer.
(d) Mrs. O'Leary.
12. What is Mrs. Fleming's name?
13. How is Paula reminded of her wedding day?
(a) She finds her veil.
(b) She sees her wedding ring.
(c) She looks at her wedding picture.
(d) She looks at an album.
14. How did Carmel show Paula she cared while she was being abused?
(a) She told others.
(b) She gave her money.
(c) She stood up to Charlo.
(d) She kept butting in.
15. What did Paula wear to bed on her wedding day?
(a) Her wedding dress.
(b) Charlo's shirt.
(d) Her nighty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Mrs. Fleming when she died?
2. How does Paula describe her father's favorite television program?
3. What does Paula say Charlo fed off of?
4. What does Paula say made up the daze she lived in while being abused?
5. What behavior does Paula say got her the regular abuse?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)