|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed Charlo?
(a) His partner.
(b) A police officer.
(d) A gang member.
2. Who stood up to teachers for Paula?
(b) Her sisters.
(c) Her mother.
3. How many teachers did Paula have at St. Mary's?
4. How did Paula teach her daughter about sex?
(a) She drew a picture.
(b) She took her to "Dirty Dancing".
(c) She asked her mother to teach her.
(d) She bought her a book.
5. What will Leanne be the first O'Leary to do?
(a) Become a nun.
(b) Attend private school.
(c) Overcome an addiction.
(d) Graduate high school.
6. What did Paula routinely deny in her life?
(a) She was sad.
(b) She was intelligent.
(c) She was abused.
(d) All of these.
7. What time of year does Paula hate the most?
8. What do Paula and her sisters argue about?
(a) How their past really was.
(b) Who was the most abused.
(c) Who has ht ebest husband.
(d) What their father's motives were.
9. What does Paula admit to being addicted to?
(a) Prescription pain killers.
10. Where does this book take place?
11. What made Paula the most envied girl at school?
(a) She had the most money.
(b) She had the nicest mom.
(c) She had the most knowledge.
(d) She had the largest breasts.
12. Where is Nicola when Paula learns of Charlo's death?
(a) At dance class.
(b) On a date.
13. What does Paul want to confess?
(a) Her desires.
(b) Her alcoholism.
(c) Her past.
(d) Her abuse.
14. How did Charlo's family treat his mother?
(a) As a man.
(b) As a servant.
(c) As a hero.
(d) As a bread winner.
15. Where did Charlo die?
(a) A crowded street.
(b) A car.
(c) A prison.
(d) A bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paula do for a living?
2. What kind of school was Saint Mary's?
3. How many girls were in Paula's class at St. Mary's?
4. What is Gerard's occupation?
5. What was Paula punished for on her first day of High School?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)