|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Marion have?
2. What is the name of Hortensia's housekeeper?
3. What is the narration style of the novel?
(a) First person.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) Third-person omniscient.
(d) Second person.
4. What does Hortensia realize she needs to at the end of Chapter Six?
(a) Call Esme.
(b) Visit Peter's grave.
(c) Remodel Marion's home.
(d) Apologize to Marion.
5. What is the closest major city to Katterijn?
(a) Port Elizabeth.
(b) Cape Town.
Short Answer Questions
1. While working to apologize to Marion, what happens to Hortensia?
2. What does Marion’s reply to Hortensia’s note say?
3. Why does Marion’s granddaughter Lara think she is a racist?
4. Who is Marion's dog named after?
5. Why did Marion give up her career?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marion label Hortensia "a thief"?
2. What does Hortensia cite as her “last remaining comfort” in the world?
3. Why does Mr. Marx insist that Hortensia meet Esme?
4. What does Chapter Seven reveal about why Marion became an architect?
5. Why does Hortensia walk to the Koppie?
6. How is the committee dealing with the issues of Beulah Gierdien and the Samsodiens in Chapter Eight?
7. How does Marion’s daughter Marelena feel about Marion’s displacement from home?
8. How does Marion treat Agnes?
9. Why does Marion enjoy working with Frikkie on her home reconstruction?
10. What is the Samsodien family claiming?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)