|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Marion's maid?
2. Who wishes to bury her ashes on Hortensia's property?
(a) Ludmilla Von Struiker.
(b) Marion Agostino.
(c) Sarah Clarke.
(d) Beulah Gierdien.
3. At the end of Chapter Ten, what does Marion agree to do?
(a) Sell her home.
(b) Fire Agnes.
(c) Move in with Hortensia.
(d) Go on a date with Dr. Mama.
4. Who is Marion's dog named after?
(a) Frank Lloyd Wright.
(b) Rem Koolhaas.
(c) Max Agostino.
(d) Alvar Aalto.
5. What does Hortensia think about when looking at Peter's dead body?
(a) Her father.
6. How does Hortensia feel when she learns of Peter's daughter?
(b) Excited and welcoming.
(c) Shocked and betrayed.
7. Which nurse does Hortensia actually like?
8. What is the name of Hortensia's husband?
9. What does Marion pressure Hortensia to talk about?
(a) The Samsodien's claim.
(b) Peter's health.
(c) Beulah Gierdien's letter.
(d) Her painting.
10. What is the name of Peter's daughter?
11. What caused Marion's bankruptcy?
(a) An expensive surgery.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her frivolous spending.
(d) Max's debts.
12. Who does Hortensia ask Dr. Mama to assign as her new nurse?
(c) No one.
13. Why did Marion assume Frikkie was white?
(a) Because he came highly recommended.
(b) Because of his physical appearance.
(c) Because of his articulate speaking voice.
(d) Because of something she read online.
14. What does Agnes return to Marion?
(a) A sapphire necklace.
(b) A diamond bracelet.
(c) A ruby ring.
(d) The Pierneef painting.
15. What is Hortensia's address?
(a) No. 12 Katterijn Avenue.
(b) No. 1 Katterijn Avenue.
(c) No. 22 Katterijn Avenue.
(d) No. 10 Katterijn Avenue.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Apartheid officially end?
2. Which nurse does Dr. Mama recommend?
3. In what country is the novel primarily set?
4. What is the name of Hortensia's company?
5. When Marion was a child, what did she say she wanted to be when she grew up?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)