|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Peter's daughter live?
(b) Cape Town.
2. What does Marion see being taken away from Hortensia's home?
(a) Peter's dead body.
(b) A painting.
(c) Legal paperwork.
3. Who does Hortensia ask Dr. Mama to assign as her new nurse?
(c) No one.
4. What is the name of Marion's maid?
5. What is Hortensia's address?
(a) No. 10 Katterijn Avenue.
(b) No. 12 Katterijn Avenue.
(c) No. 22 Katterijn Avenue.
(d) No. 1 Katterijn Avenue.
6. What event takes place at the end of Chapter Four?
(a) Hortensia's meeting with Mr. Marx.
(b) Peter's funeral.
(c) Hortensia taking a walk to the Koppie.
(d) Marion's discovery of the painting.
7. In what decade of life are both Marion and Hortensia?
8. Why is Marion forced to fire Agnes?
(a) She can no longer afford a maid.
(b) Agnes is sick.
(c) Marelena advised her to do so.
(d) She thinks Agnes stole something from her.
9. Who was Marion's work partner?
(a) Hortensia James.
(b) Harry Cumfred.
(c) Max Agostino.
(d) Alvar Aalto.
10. How does Hortensia feel about Beulah Gierdien's letter?
(a) It is beautiful.
(b) It is an emergency.
(c) It is too sentimental.
(d) It sounds fake.
11. What is Dr. Mama's first name?
12. After apologizing to Marion, Hortensia is left with what?
(a) A sense of longing.
(b) A sense of resentment.
(c) A sense of contentment.
(d) A sense of frustration.
13. What were Hortensia's parents names?
(a) Eda and Kwittel.
(b) Yawende and Zippy.
(c) Kwittel and Yawende.
(d) Eda and Zippy.
14. What best describes the tone of Dr. Mama and Hortensia’s conversation?
15. What is the closest major city to Katterijn?
(b) Cape Town.
(d) Port Elizabeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Marion thinks about when she wakes up from fainting?
2. In what industry did Marion's husband work?
3. Where does Marion first stay while her home is being repaired?
4. How does Hortensia describe architecture?
5. At the end of Chapter Ten, what does Marion agree to do?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)