|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hill Hortensia walks to?
(a) The Kupola.
(b) The Koppie.
(c) The Katterijn.
(d) The Kove.
2. What family currently owns the land the Samsodien family is claiming?
(a) The Agostinos.
(b) The Von Struikers.
(c) The Jameses.
(d) The Gierdiens.
3. Who is Marelena?
(a) Marion's sister.
(b) Agnes's daughter.
(c) Marion's daughter.
(d) Hortensia's sister.
4. What does Hortensia realize she needs to at the end of Chapter Six?
(a) Call Esme.
(b) Apologize to Marion.
(c) Remodel Marion's home.
(d) Visit Peter's grave.
5. How is Hortensia injured in the crane accident?
(a) A broken femur.
(b) A concussion.
(d) A broken arm.
6. How is Marion affected by the crane accident?
(a) Part of her home is destroyed.
(b) Her leg is broken.
(c) Her yard is filled with Hortensia's rubble.
(d) Her painting is destroyed.
7. Why did Marion give up her career?
(a) To go back to school.
(b) To focus on her health.
(c) To raise her children.
(d) To start her own small business.
8. Who is Mr. Marx?
(a) Peter's debt collector.
(b) Peter's lawyer.
(c) Peter's brother.
(d) Peter's best friend.
9. What sets Hortensia apart from everyone else in Katterijn?
(a) She is black.
(b) She is unmarried.
(c) She is poor.
(d) She is European.
10. What does Marion see being taken away from Hortensia's home?
(a) Peter's dead body.
(b) A painting.
(c) Legal paperwork.
11. What does Marion pressure Hortensia to talk about?
(a) Peter's health.
(b) Beulah Gierdien's letter.
(c) The Samsodien's claim.
(d) Her painting.
12. What are Agnes’s plans after leaving Marion’s service?
(a) Returning to school.
(b) Vacationing with her boyfriend.
(c) Immediately finding another job.
(d) Starting a family.
13. When Marion was a child, what did she say she wanted to be when she grew up?
(a) A house.
(b) An architect.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A designer.
14. Why did Marion assume Frikkie was white?
(a) Because of something she read online.
(b) Because of his physical appearance.
(c) Because of his articulate speaking voice.
(d) Because he came highly recommended.
15. When did Apartheid officially end?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the closest major city to Katterijn?
2. What is the name of Marion's husband?
3. Who is Frikkie?
4. What does Hortensia plan on removing and adding to the home?
5. Though she dislikes water, what feature is Hortensia planning on adding to her home?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)