|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Six, where does Hortensia watch Peter and his mistress?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A shopping mall.
(d) A market.
2. Who is Marelena?
(a) Marion's daughter.
(b) Agnes's daughter.
(c) Hortensia's sister.
(d) Marion's sister.
3. How does Hortensia feel about Beulah Gierdien's letter?
(a) It is an emergency.
(b) It is too sentimental.
(c) It is beautiful.
(d) It sounds fake.
4. Who does Hortensia ask Dr. Mama to assign as her new nurse?
(c) No one.
5. How does Hortensia feel about the letter requesting the burial?
(a) It is overly sentimental.
(b) It is beautiful.
(c) It is understandable.
(d) It is rude.
6. What is the name of Peter's daughter?
7. How is Hortensia injured in the crane accident?
(a) A broken femur.
(b) A broken arm.
(d) A concussion.
8. What is the name of Marion's husband?
9. What does Agnes return to Marion?
(a) The Pierneef painting.
(b) A sapphire necklace.
(c) A ruby ring.
(d) A diamond bracelet.
10. While working to apologize to Marion, what happens to Hortensia?
(a) She decides not to apologize.
(b) She has vivid dreams of Marion.
(c) She gets in a fight with Marion.
(d) She contemplates what Peter would do.
11. What is Hortensia's former profession?
(b) Textile designer.
(d) Interior designer.
12. Which nurse does Hortensia actually like?
13. What item does Marion think will save her from bankruptcy?
(a) A sculpture.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A ring.
(d) A painting.
14. Which nurse does Dr. Mama recommend?
15. What does Gary design and construct?
(a) Marion's garden.
(b) Hortensia's bathroom.
(c) Peter's casket.
(d) Peter's tombstone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes the tone of Dr. Mama and Hortensia’s conversation?
2. What were Hortensia's parents names?
3. How does Hortensia describe architecture?
4. What does Hortensia observe Marion doing from her window?
5. After apologizing to Marion, Hortensia is left with what?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)