|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nineteen, Chapter Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hortensia’s visit with Esme reveal about Peter’s tombstone?
(a) It is engraved with Braille.
(b) It has a French poem written on it.
(c) It has a hidden letter to Hortensia.
(d) It contains a message to Esme's mother.
2. What does Hortensia do that causes Marion to move out?
(a) Curses her.
(b) Slaps her.
(c) Yells at her.
(d) Steals her things.
3. Which word best describes Hortensia’s apology to Marion?
4. Marion views architecture as a way of doing what?
5. What kind of ceremony does Hortensia want when she dies?
(a) She has never considered this question.
(b) She does not want a ceremony.
(c) A lavish celebration.
(d) A simple and minimal ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Marion's bankruptcy?
2. What did Marion’s parents initially want her to pursue?
3. In the final scene, what does Marion head home to do?
4. What does Hortensia plan on removing and adding to the home?
5. What does Marion do for Hortensia in the first scene of Chapter Nineteen?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)