|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nineteen, Chapter Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After their meeting, how does Hortensia feel about Esme?
(a) She admires her.
(b) She is eager to meet her again.
(c) She loathes her.
(d) She is unsure if she is really Peter's daughter.
2. What does the newspaper reveal will happen with the Samsodien’s claim?
(a) They will get the entirety of the Von Struiker property.
(b) They will owe money to the Von Struikers.
(c) They will receive some land.
(d) They will receive no land.
3. Why did Hortensia and Peter never have children?
(a) Hortensia hates children.
(b) Peter was impotent.
(c) Hortensia was secretly on birth control.
(d) She could not conceive.
4. How does Hortensia feel about the letter requesting the burial?
(a) It is overly sentimental.
(b) It is rude.
(c) It is understandable.
(d) It is beautiful.
5. Which word best describes Bassey’s demeanor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hortensia do at night to distract herself from Peter's affair?
2. Why does Hortensia want to remodel her home?
3. What event takes place at the beginning of Chapter Seventeen?
4. Who is Innes's mother?
5. What does the photograph of Hortensia and Peter represent?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)