|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hortensia tell Marion to do with the photograph of her and Peter?
(a) Throw it out.
(b) Put it in storage.
(c) Smash it.
(d) Hang it downstairs.
2. What does Marion pressure Hortensia to talk about?
(a) Peter's health.
(b) Beulah Gierdien's letter.
(c) The Samsodien's claim.
(d) Her painting.
3. What did Marion’s teacher likely mean when she said that students need to learn “real” history?
(a) They need to learn mathematics in addition to history.
(b) They need to learn about the human body.
(c) They need to learn street smarts.
(d) They need to learn about Apartheid.
4. What did Marion’s parents initially want her to pursue?
5. What item does Marion think will save her from bankruptcy?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A ring.
(c) A sculpture.
(d) A painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the neighborhood where the novel takes place?
2. What does Marion's teacher say is in the textbook she encourages them to buy?
3. How does Hortensia feel about the letter requesting the burial?
4. What does Hortensia observe Marion doing from her window?
5. What does the newspaper reveal will happen with the Samsodien’s claim?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)