|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aggie say to Marion as she leaves the library?
(a) "Don't come back."
(b) "There is blood here, Marion."
(c) "Marion, you can change things."
(d) "Don't look for what you don't want to find."
2. In what country is the novel primarily set?
(a) South Africa.
(d) The United States.
3. Why does Hortensia want to remodel her home?
(a) To downsize.
(b) To fix its infrastructure.
(c) To spite Marion.
(d) To distract herself.
4. What was Alberta's real name?
5. Why do Hortensia’s nurses repeatedly quit?
(a) They are offered better-paying jobs.
(b) They don't like Hortensia's house.
(c) They cannot handle her personality.
(d) They contract Hortensia's illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Marion witness happen to Alberta?
2. How old was Marion when she met her husband?
3. Why do Hortensia and Marion agree that being enemies was better than being friends?
4. How does Hortensia treat Innes?
5. What did Hortensia and Peter do on many of their first dates?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)