|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hill Hortensia walks to?
(a) The Kove.
(b) The Katterijn.
(c) The Koppie.
(d) The Kupola.
2. What does Marion’s reply to Hortensia’s note say?
(a) "Thank you."
(d) "Apology accepted."
3. What item does Marion think will save her from bankruptcy?
(a) A sculpture.
(b) A ring.
(c) A painting.
(d) A necklace.
4. What sets Hortensia apart from everyone else in Katterijn?
(a) She is unmarried.
(b) She is poor.
(c) She is European.
(d) She is black.
5. What did Hortensia do at night to distract herself from Peter's affair?
(a) Call her sister.
(b) Go for walks.
(d) Scrub the bathtub.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Marion give up her career?
2. What were Hortensia's parents names?
3. What does Marion suggest when she finds Dr. Mama and Hortensia together?
4. What does Marion repeatedly insist to Hortensia?
5. When did Hortensia plan to tell Peter about her knowledge of the affair?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)