|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marion not want to know about the painting?
2. What does Hortensia think about when looking at Peter's dead body?
(a) Her father.
3. Why did Peter’s parents disapprove of their son’s marriage?
(a) They do not like Hortensia's family.
(b) They think Hortensia has no ambition.
(c) They think Peter is too young to be married.
(d) They are concerned for any children they might have.
4. What does Hortensia observe Marion doing from her window?
(a) Firing Agnes.
(b) Moving out.
(d) Talking with Frikkie.
5. How does Hortensia describe Peter on the morning after their wedding day?
(d) In love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attends the committee meeting to defend their land from the Samsodiens?
2. Though she dislikes water, what feature is Hortensia planning on adding to her home?
3. What is the name of the hill Hortensia walks to?
4. What is the name of Marion's maid?
5. What caused Marion's bankruptcy?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)