|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, Chapter Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hortensia observe Marion doing from her window?
(a) Talking with Frikkie.
(c) Moving out.
(d) Firing Agnes.
2. How is Marion affected by the crane accident?
(a) Her painting is destroyed.
(b) Her yard is filled with Hortensia's rubble.
(c) Part of her home is destroyed.
(d) Her leg is broken.
3. What does Agnes return to Marion?
(a) A ruby ring.
(b) A sapphire necklace.
(c) The Pierneef painting.
(d) A diamond bracelet.
4. Which of her mother’s stories does Marion recollect in Chapter Seven?
(a) A boat voyage from South Africa to London.
(b) How Marion got her name.
(c) A family vacation to France.
(d) How she and her father first met.
5. In Chapter Eight, who contacts the Katterijn committee?
(a) Beulah Gierdien.
(d) Mr. Marx.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the closest major city to Katterijn?
2. What best describes the tone of Dr. Mama and Hortensia’s conversation?
3. What item does Marion think will save her from bankruptcy?
4. How many children does Marion have?
5. What is Hortensia's address?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)